Songs of Experience - Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an acquaintance who posts regular rumor mill updates. Not sure if he knows someone at Live Nation, or what.

if there is any validity behind them (here's hoping), a fall tour announcement is coming soon, but the plan is to at least start the leg without a new album. so maybe more of a continuation of the last leg, since they hit so few cities.

I have an acquaintance who posts regular rumor mill updates. Not sure if he knows someone at Live Nation, or what.

if there is any validity behind them (here's hoping), a fall tour announcement is coming soon, but the plan is to at least start the leg without a new album. so maybe more of a continuation of the last leg, since they hit so few cities.

I'll take what i can get !

Bass Strings for Boko Haram. No questions asked on how the intend to use them

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

bass strings are actually quite expensive so Boko Haram would probably sell them.

if U2 starts shows without any album-related release, I would be so disappointed

If that's the plan, what are they waiting for? They're not going to finish the album anytime soon, announce those dates. (And here's hoping they visit cities that weren't on the first leg)

Is it the norm to release a tour DVD in between legs?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't know if it's the NORM, but it has happened before. In 2010, the Rose Bowl DVD was released on June 3rd, the same day the tour was supposed to resume in Salt Lake City. The North American leg was postponed as we all know, but the DVD still came out that day. I'm wondering if the Paris DVD will be released around the same time the rumored North American leg begins this fall.

The Vertigo Chicago DVD was released on November 14th, 2005. At that point there were still several shows left in Nov/Dec 2005, as well as all the 2006 shows.

Elevation Boston DVD was released November 26th, 2001. There were exactly 5 shows left after that.

So the tour doesn't need to be finished in order to release a DVD from it. Some might say that it might actually be used as a clever promotional tool for the rest of the tour.

Judging from the last two releases, it's gonna be a pretty bad one then. :wink: The shows after those recorded on other legs were so much better. Slane for Elevation, U23D for Vertigo, the last leg of 360.. wish we had an official DVD of the latter..

Thanks everyone. Just another kick in the crotch. More non-music side projects.

:crack::|

Unfortunately at this time U2 IS the side project. They all have separate lives, families, charities, and other things it seems they'd rather devote their time to. They don't even live in the same country most of the time, I don't think. I wouldn't be surprised if SOE isn't really pursued at all this year, and they don't get back together until it's time to start preparing for the tour to resume.

guys, I really think we should all go jump off a cliff. pretty sure U2 have decided to take up gardening this year

Well at least u2.com have issued their latest communique, which contains this little comedy nugget at the end!!

And finally, we just got word that U2.com is nominated in the 20th Annual Webby Awards - vote here. !!!!!!!!

Were they up against a Geocities page last updated in 1998?

Breaking News: U2.com reporting that Bono has been seriously injured in a bike crash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

U2.com is a joke... I wish U2 all the best, but they can't seriously expect to win that award... But to be fair, I guess it is managed by Universal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom