Songs Of Experience 9 (albums aborted and counting...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is anyone else curious about Larry and his participation / role in the coming weeks?

From what I read and infer -- and I could very well be wrong, but: potentially some health issues from years of drumming; keeps to himself, not always thrilled with promotional tours etc.

Makes me wonder if sometime in September he says, 'wow, it's cool that we / I started this' and he steps up and embraces it a bit.

I'd love to see him involved a bit more for this moment... I mean for gosh sake, he did put the sign up and look what has happened since... lots of great music and total strangers inspired to go dig wells in Africa and stuff.

So, is anyone else curious about Larry and his participation / role in the coming weeks?

From what I read and infer -- and I could very well be wrong, but: potentially some health issues from years of drumming; keeps to himself, not always thrilled with promotional tours etc.

Makes me wonder if sometime in September he says, 'wow, it's cool that we / I started this' and he steps up and embraces it a bit.

I'd love to see him involved a bit more for this moment... I mean for gosh sake, he did put the sign up and look what has happened since... lots of great music and total strangers inspired to go dig wells in Africa and stuff.

No. He's just more private than the rest of the band, not less engaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's one of the only songs I ever hear from u2 on the radio.

It was massive, and remains one of their iconic and most loved songs today

Yeah, It still is great, and it still remains to be played, along with I still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for and With Or Without you. At least where I live.

Ok I was just curious. Just to be clear: I have nothing against BD. It's just not the song that U2 is known for over here. It was a hit but didn't stick as much as any of the old hits. But out of the post 2000 songs it's probably the one with most air play. I guess it's a different story in the US and apparently Australia. I was just curious because to many here it seems like the ultimate benchmark ;) Anyway, question answered, thanks :)

I choose to fault them..

u2.com had 3 stories posted to their News section in July.
remhq.com had 3 stories this week.

...And R.E.M. aren't even an active band at this point.

U2 fan club and official page have never lived up to those of other bands.

Shame that they don't get that, take notice and take action by having someone run it properly.

U2 do many things great. Fan club and official site are not two of those things.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Larry does what Larry wants. He's said before, he's in a band to lay drums and not to be famous.

Before one of the LA I+E shows, Bono was out back talking to fans. Someone told Bono to tell Larry he has to come outside and meet with us.

Bono laughed and said: Therein lies the problem. Larry doesn't HAVE TO do anything that he doesn't want to do.

Pretty much shut that down.

To Larry credit, he did come out and meet fans on one or two of the nights in LA. He shook hands and was friendly.

So I'm for letting LMJ do what he wants / when he wants.

As usual, U2 is ahead of the curve by about five years. Watch this, before the decade is out, one of the hip artists of the moment (Taylor Swift, Frank Ocean, Timberlake, someone new, etc.) will be praised as innovators for releasing an album that everyone on a certain music service receives directly.

14115066_1065559160224643_9181718867706106158_o.jpg

Songs Of Experience
Track 1
Aging Poorly (why do I look like Elton John?)

Buzz that head, let it all go grey. Grow out the beard. Badass

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

It's sad seeing Bono look like an old man but then I cry when I look in the mirror and see grey hair!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

They are old .. that's no news.
Would be cool if they disrupt the music industry because Songs of Experience is a milestone, musically, technically and visually

But these days I'd be happy for them if they get played because some Youngster DJ is remixing a U2 song

@Dan: did you take down your clyp? Just tried opening it but the link doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm not familiar with that website. Are links only temporary? Is there a new one?

@Dan: did you take down your clyp? Just tried opening it but the link doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm not familiar with that website. Are links only temporary? Is there a new one?

It was taken down after a DMCA claim by Universal.

The other one should be there on my profile

Just want to say that it's really, really strange that we heard a new (remixed) U2 song about a week ago, but all traces of it (for the most part) have been scraped from the web. Just strange, but I imagine something is imminent for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom