Songs of Ascent / New U2 Music / Soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also needs some sort of fountain-of-youth and embiggening ray so he can climb The Claw. :yes:

Are there lyrics for "Soon" available anywhere??

Soon... <repeat ad infinitum>
Sing yourself on down the street
Sing yourself right off your feet
Sing yourself away from victory and from defeat
Sing yourself with fife and drum
Sing yourself to overcome
The thought that someone's lost
And someone else has won
Soon... <repeat ad infinitum>

The September AB release was nothing but a rumour started by a poster that signed up in here and other forums. It was based on nothing real. The release date made no sense whatsoever...

so....if a new album is coming out later this year, you have to figure the same timlines. the hype machine normally starts about 3 months prior, new single 2 months prior, etc. if the album comes out in October, we could start hearing stuff next month.

with that said, i'm still predicting no new album this year. it's just a gut feeling, nothing more.

so, no more descriptions of new music coming out of Bono's house? :|
Sadly, no...but there's still a lot of summer left. We could get beach clips yet!

@U2 says that the Achtung Baby remaster has been delayed until March of 2011, according to rumors, possibly to make room for the band to release a new album later this year.

Achtung Baby Remaster in 2011?

I hope this is true!
Wouldn't November 2011 make more sense? You know, being the anniversary and all...
Not that I'd complain about getting it sooner, mind.

u2soon.jpg

Wow cheers!!! Much appreciated :)

:lol: Hilarious! So off-topic, yet so awesome. The comedy power of U2 captions is slowing taking over the forum. :up:

Digging the clearer version of "Soon" here. Nothing spectacular of course, but an interesting listen for as short of a track as it is.

"So what we're doing now is trying to seek availability of the buildings that we had already pretty much sold-out, so we're getting availabilities and routing a coherent tour for next summer in the U.S. and Canada. We've nearly done it so I hope we'll be able to announce that shortly."

That's rather good.

So it's still looking like there could be a silver lining to the back injury: new music sooner. I'm planning on them not releasing anything this year, but it certainly seems possible. I have a hard time believing they'd release something in the first quarter of next year, but maybe they'd drop something in June.

lol caption that

:bono: So what do you want to do next ? Songs of ascent, Rubin songs, Spiderman, Achtung Baby remaster, new songs before the tour... ?

:edge: I'm still mad "someone" leaked the news about Songs of ascent title.

:larry: I thought Spiderman was just something you two did together. And I *still* can't say the bloody word. Acktung !

:adam: Here goes the man with the plan. One record at a time, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom