song of the day 11/01: never let me go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
1. read the lyrics
2. listen to the song.
3. post your thoughts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You take a stranger by the hand
A man who doesn't understand
His wildest dreams

You walk across the dirty sand
And offer him an ocean
Of what he's never seen

Maybe I was blind
Or I, I might have closed my eyes
Maybe I was dumb
But what I forgot to say
If you didn't know
Is never let me go

Never let me go
Never let me go
Never let me go

You run from love and don't believe
Unless it catches you by the heel
That even then, you struggle

From red I learned to cross the strand
Your footprints still there in the sand
Everything else, washed away

I may not be alone
Oh I, I may have found my home
I may have lost my way
But what I forgot to say
If you didn't know
Is never let me go

Never let me go
Never let me go

I really love this song, although I guess it's not actually U2, just Bono. He does a tremendous job on the vocal, expressing a lovely range both musically and emotionally.
I've seen a different version of the lyrics. Instead of "From red I learned to cross the strand" it's "From Red Island across the strand". That would seem to make more sense. Next time I see Bono, I'll ask him! :wink:

Is it November already? :scratch:

Sorry.

I love this song. Just reading through the lyrics gives me chills. Vocally, I think this is some of Bono's very best.

Just while we are on the issue of dates, is it possible to use wordy dates eg 01 Nov or 02 Sep, that kinda thing?

USA numerical dates make my head spin. :help:

to me this is one of the songs that "just arrive", as Edge says. It is brilliantly delivered by Bono and the lyrics are great. The melody of the tune fits perfectly and it's just such a cool, mellow song. Wish it could have been on ATYCLB.

"Never Let Me Go" is a quiet stirring in the Heart and the Soul.

It is a plantive plea for belonging. It is a desparate yet BEAUTIFUL Love song. :up:

It is vocally delivered by Bono perfectly - mournful yet lusty, sweet yet determined to fulfill its need for another.

Never Let Me Go" is a collection of love thoughts that assemble into a moving lyrical call to belong. :wink:

Naturally, I have always thought of this song as an open Love song from Bono to Ali in its purest form. :angel:

Great discussion about a GREAT SONG..... :bono: :love: :hug:

Freaky. I brought the MDH soundtrack into work yesterday so I could listen through headphones and I'd forgotten how much I enjoy the CD. This track is all about the vocal and it's just wonderful.

beli said:
Just while we are on the issue of dates, is it possible to use wordy dates eg 01 Nov or 02 Sep, that kinda thing?

USA numerical dates make my head spin. :help:

I'll agree with you there. I find them to be a real pain in the neck. Online, I either type out the date (2 September 2004) or write it in reverse format (2004-09-02).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom