Someone Else's Dream - Chapter 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
U2, unfortunately, are not mine. They are real people who I have written about here in a fictional situation that never happened. I don’t have their permission to use their likenesses, but I make no money from the story and it really is just all meant in good fun. Remember, please, that this is just a twisting, turning story out of my imagination which should not reflect upon the band or the individuals within it. It’s only make-believe. There will be some adult themes within this story, and almost undoubtedly a lot of offensive language. Read at your own discretion.

Catalina Chronicles Book 4:

Someone else’s dream

Chapter Twenty- Four

I see the questions in your eyes
I know what's weighing on your mind
But you can be sure I know my part
'Cause I'll stand beside you through the years
You'll only cry those happy tears
And though I'll make mistakes
I'll never break your heart
I swear
By the moon and stars in the sky
I'll be there
I swear
Like the shadow that's by your side
I'll be there
For better or worse
Till death do us part
I'll love you with every beat of my heart
I swear

from ‘I Swear’ by John Michael Montgomery

The scene at church was, to say the least, chaotic. Media outside, snapping pictures of anyone who looked as if they might be going in for the service, Simone’s family inside the church trying to organize the proceedings in the same style they would a focused attack on an enemy encampment, and most of the wedding party either hung over or still drunk from the night before.

Larry’s family had wisely opted to stay out of the behind-the-scenes mess and simply settled in the front pew of the sanctuary, waiting for the calm to descend once the pastor took his place at the altar.

More than half the seating in the relatively small church was filled when Larry and Bono took their places near the altar, joining the pastor in the maddening wait for the moment when the bridal processional started down the aisle.

“You holding up?” Bono asked Larry in a hushed tone. Larry swallowed hard over the lump of nervousness in his throat and nodded and unconvincing affirmation. Bono smirked and patted his mate on the shoulder. “Not much longer now.”

Tessa and Edge were seated in the pew just behind Larry’s father and sister. He felt dizzy as his blood pressure dropped because of the anxiety that sprung up in him when Cat and Adam made their way down the aisle, hand in hand, to sit with Edge and his wife. Lawry rested his head on Adam’s shoulder, sleepy and content in his fathers arm.

Larry’s stomach lurched when Cat met his eyes and held them for a long moment. There was so much they could say, maybe even should say, but it was all tucked neatly into that moment. He thought he might throw up the dry toast and aspirin tablets he’d forced down this morning.

Somehow he managed to hold on to his composure and his breakfast, and once Cat was seated, the enchantment which had haunted them both for too long was broken. It was truly over; and to his surprise he felt no remorse. He let out a slow breath and straightened his posture. He was ready.

When the processional music started to resonate from the pipe organ, he felt the brief surge of panic try and emerge once more, but the sight of Lorna clutching a tiny basket of flower petals in her hands being led down the aisle by Laney reminded him what the reason for all of this discomfiting attention and ceremony was.

He was here to consecrate, in no uncertain terms, his bonds to his family.

He chuckled as Laney had to keep close watch on Laney to ensure she tossed the petals rather than putting them in her mouth to see what they tasted like. Once Laney and Lorna reached the front of the church, they took a seat beside Larry’s family. No one expected the toddler to be well behaved enough to stand patiently in front of the crowd through the entire wedding.

Pauley came down the aisle next; his face serious as he clutched the silk pillow with the ring tied tightly on top of it. It was hard to tell whether he was so straight-faced out of solemnity because he felt his role was important or because he thought he was too old for the role of ring-bearer. Larry smiled at the chuckles and whispers in the congregation, and his heart was full of pride when someone remarked upon how much Pauley looked like Larry just then.

Next came Trine, her belly just swollen enough to round out the front of her dress, despite the fact that it had been tailored specifically to reduce that effect. She smiled sheepishly at the men, rolling her eyes at Bono when he waved at her (or, more likely, at her belly).

The key change in the wedding march indicated the approach of the bride, and per tradition, the congregation rose to stand respectfully. This was distracting enough that Larry didn’t get a good look at Simone and her father until they had completely rounded the corner and were slowly approaching the altar.

He realized he must look like a moron because of the massive grin on his face, which he hid behind his hand, rubbing his nose and chin in a nervous gesture he’d picked up so many years ago it was done without a thought now. His silvery eyes shone brightly, though, and his hand could not hide the smile which refused to go away.

Simone kissed her father on the cheek, proud that he had recovered so completely from the stroke that he’d suffered less than two years ago. They had all wondered if this day would ever happen, for one reason or another.

The pastor asked for the acquiescence of the father of the bride, and Simone’s father deferred care of his daughter to her future husband. Even though it was only ceremony, she had been away from her parent’s home for more than a decade and in Larry’s for years now, it was a powerful moment. Entrusting your child, no matter what age, to someone else was not something which was done lightly.

Simone took Larry’s hand in hers and let him lead her the rest of the way to the altar, grinning just as much as he was. It was suspected by many of those watching, Larry included, that she might actually break out into a fit of girlish giggles at any moment.

She managed, somehow, to make it through the entire ceremony without one giggle. The sermon and the vows had seemed to take forever during the rehearsal, but time seemed to pass unnaturally fast as they stood there, promising to love, honor and cherish one another forever.

When they kissed to seal their union, they forgot the others there, watching them, completely. They forgot the world, lost in each other and the bliss of the moment. It was a lovely moment to witness, and the congregation cheered, their applause eventually penetrating the magic which had deafened and blinded the newlyweds and they made their exit down the aisle amidst the applause, blushing but still smiling.

After the bulk of the crowd had dispersed, the wedding party gathered to pose for the wedding pictures. Cat, Adam and Lawry, Tessa and Edge, Laney and the extended families remained as well. Lawry and Lorna tried to climb up onto the altar, nearly tipped over the baptismal font and managed to find their way into half a dozen photos uninvited.

After the family photos were shot, Simone surprised them by requesting a shot of Bono and Laney, Tessa and Edge, and Cat and Adam all together; the four men who had grown up together, remaining friends for close to thirty years and the women who completed their lives. It was just something that she felt they needed to do, and everyone agreed.

“Now,” she said as the photographer and his assistant began packing up their equipment. “I have one last favor to ask from you guys.”

The crowd outside the church had not dispersed, despite the fact that more than an hour had passed since the ceremony had ended and most of the guests had gone. They were waiting for the band, and were not likely to be satisfied until they had snapped a few million photos of them on their way out.

The flashes started as soon as the door opened the tiniest bit, and it had the effect of a dozen strobe lights hitting Bono when he stepped out onto the front stairs. Luckily for him, he was used to this. Laney was still unaccustomed to it, however, and she lifted her hand instinctively to shield her eyes. Bono smiled at her and held her hand in his as she adapted to the barrage.

The stretch limo waiting for them had been decorated with crepe paper streamers and soap signs on the window declared that the party inside had just been married. The driver opened the door to let them in, but Bono hesitated, taking time to chat with a couple of familiar faces and sign autographs for some who weren’t as familiar. He refused to give an official comment on the wedding.

Cat, Adam, and Trine emerged next and the flashes began again, as well as the shouted questions and requests from a few bold fans for autographs. Edge and Tessa’s arrival lifted the excitement even further, and any of the people who had waited for them had gathered close now to get a good look at the band.

In the excitement, no one took notice of a pair of simple black SUV’s that left the rear parking lot, carrying the children and extended families of the newlyweds, as well as Lawry. Pauley was bold enough to wave out the window at his family friends as they distracted the photographers as his mother had asked them to do.

Shortly thereafter there was the roar of an engine that did not care in the least about being muffled and a Harley-Davidson motorcycle appeared from behind the church, bride and groom both dressed in leather jackets, jeans and motorcycle jackets now, though Simone still donned the pretty lace veil in her expertly styled hair. The photographers snapped away, in a feeding frenzy as they slowed and Simone tossed the bouquet into the crowd. Half the people kept their eyes and lenses on the newlyweds, half of them on the flowers as they hit Edge’s head and bounced right into Bono’s hands.

Edge bit back a grin, knowing too well what was coming as Bono leaned over and kissed him full on the lips, much to the delight of those watching. He reminded Bono that they were already married, and not to each other, his eyes twinkling with amusement. Bono turned and handed the bouquet to Trine, the only unmarried member of their group. She did her best to refuse the thing as if it were cursed, but the harder she tried to push it away, the more determined Bono became that she should have it.

In the ensuing playful ruckus, Larry and Simone had turned out onto the street on the Harley and rumbled away practically unnoticed. The party climbed into the limo and left the photographers and fans behind; satisfied that they had fulfilled Simone’s request well. The newlyweds had their head start and the chance of getting away from all of the unwanted attention.

Simone felt as if she could live in this moment forever. Her arms wrapped around Larry’s waist, the wind in her hair, the constant reassuring motion of being on the back of the motorcycle were all hypnotic, enchanting even. The air was chilly, even through their leather jackets and heavy denim jeans, and by the time they reached the ferry which would take them to the private island on which the Waterford Castle was located, she was ready to move around a bit to regain warmth in her fingers and toes.

Even in the dismal, failing light of day Simone’s breath was taken away by the beauty of the Castle which was now a luxury hotel and golf course. Her heart fluttered wildly and her imagination took flight as she studied the beautifully aged stone building, a million fairy tale fantasies from her childhood coming back to her. She stole a glance at Larry, tried to imagine him dressed in the wardrobe of a medieval nobleman and smiled happily to herself. He would definitely pass for a knight in shining armor.

They had already had their luggage brought down earlier, in anticipation of their sneaky departure from the wedding, and it didn’t take long for them to check in. The inside of the castle was beautifully done in very sumptuous, elegant décor. Every step took her deeper into her feeling of having stepped into a fantasy. It was perfectly modern, and every convenience she could possibly want was provided for, but the air was saturated with a sense of romance that could not be ignored.

At the door of their suite, she wondered if Larry was thinking about carrying her over the threshold. Her question was answered as he stepped into the room, leaving the door wide open behind himself for her to close. She didn’t have a chance to be upset, however, because as she followed him down the short hall to the bedroom, something in the back of her mind already anticipated his motives for hurrying.

She had barely stepped into the bedroom before he grabbed her and pulled her tight to his own body, his mouth seeking hers out hungrily. She laughed heartily against his kiss and he drew back to scowl at her. One corner of his mouth twitched up in a guilty smile as he asked her why she was laughing.

“We just drove three hours to get here,” she told him, “I might need a few minutes to collect myself.” He made a noise akin to a growl and tried to kiss her. She turned her head and pushed him away, laughing at his eagerness. He sighed in disappointment and moved to flop down on the massive four poster bed with the crimson bedspread and deep red velvet draperies.

She located her suitcase and opened it, Larry watching her as she searched through it. He lay on his back, one knee bent, his hands behind his head in a casual pose that made her want to drop everything and make slow, sensuous love to him. After a moment of watching her, he decided to use the bathroom to clean himself up as well, washing up and stripping down to his boxer-briefs. Across the hard surface of his chest, his gold necklace still glimmered against his skin, as well.

Simone smiled knowingly at him.

“Tease,” she accused, batting her eyelashes at him and putting a little extra sway in her gait as she disappeared into the bathroom with his eyes watching her every move.

She cleaned up quickly and changed into the white lacy baby doll nightie she’d bought for this night specifically, and she slipped into a pair of white thigh high stockings. She let her hair down, combing through it but opting not to do anything special. It wasn’t likely he would notice her hair, anyway, she told herself with a smile. It had been so long since they’d been together that she was actually shaking in anticipation as she reached out and turned the doorknob.

She was greeted by a room transformed by candlelight, all of the electric lights having been turned off and several heavy candlesticks having been lit and placed carefully about the room. It was another step deeper into that historical romance fantasy that had been playing out in her head since they arrived.

There was a bottle of wine chilling on the nightstand next to Larry, who had turned down the bed and settled in to wait for her. One look at him in the candlelight, his smooth skin against the deep red bedding, and she was swept away. She was hardly a virgin bride, and they’d been together more times than she could count, but she was still overcome with a sense of shyness that made her heart race and her footsteps falter.

“Oh my… you look… good God, Simone!” Larry stammered, his silver eyes washing up and down the length of her as if he’d never seen anything so lovely in all his life. Or, more accurately perhaps, nothing he had desired so desperately.

She smiled shyly at him as he slipped out of bed and came to her, sliding one hand around her waist to rest firmly against the small of her back as the other smoothed the hair away from her face. His kiss was hungry, needful, forceful – but not bruising, nor violent, it was passion in its truest sense.

She sank into the sensation, yielding to the weakness in her knees and letting him lead her to the bed. He murmured adoring remarks as his sensuous, generous, talented mouth trailed kisses up her jaw line, to her earlobe and then across the smooth surface of her throat.

As he relaxed finally, settling beside her, he still clung to her as if afraid she would get up and walk away. He wanted more than just sex, he wanted her. She was his in every way, and she knew without a doubt in her heart that he was hers.

“I think I like being called Mrs. Mullen,” she said, surprising him. He had barely caught his breath, but he chuckled, running one strong hand along her side as he propped himself up on his elbow and looked at her. “When we registered, the clerk called me Mrs. Mullen,” she explained. “I like it.”

“I love you, Mrs. Mullen,” he told her with a gentle kiss.

“I love you too, Mr. Mullen,” she said through a smile. “I love being Mrs. Mullen, too.”

“You’re off to a pretty good start,” he said, making her smile and to her surprise, bringing a blush of shyness to her cheeks.

check your in-boxes for the extended version :wink:

:hyper: SG. :love:

[Oringinally posted by Sad_Girl[/i]
Edge bit back a grin, knowing too well what was coming as Bono leaned over and kissed him full on the lips, much to the delight of those watching. He reminded Bono that they were already married, and not to each other, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

:lmao:

Love it. :love:

girlwcrimsonnls said:

Great Story! and I love ur new Avatar, what pic is it from?

thanks ! :) :hug:

Bibien posted it in this weeks RSOC :drool:

adamciglipsguh.jpg

I have such a major fixation on Adam's lips :combust:

snowflake said:
i didnt get the extended version :( the edited chapter is still very good though :up:

Send me your e-mail address again and I'll send it to you - my list is in constant need of editing and I have trouble keeping it up :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom