Some tidbit articles about Bono in this week's US Weekly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
1. Bono received the loudest cheers from fans in the bleachers beside the red carpet, at the Golden Globes.
2. Shows picture of Bono kissing his Golden Globe Award.
3. Shows a picture of Bono and Ali, and how long their marriage has lasted. :bono:

Thanks for letting us know.
I'm always looking out for stuff like this, but there are so many magazines sometimes I feel.....:combust:

tiny dancer said:
1. Bono received the loudest cheers from fans in the bleachers beside the red carpet, at the Golden Globes.

What I don't understand about that comment is, don't you think the crowd was cheering loudly for Bono AND Edge??? All of the picutures/interviews I have seen of the event, at least from the red carpet, Edge was right there with him. Also, did anyone else notice Martin Scorsese only thanked Bono in his acceptance speech???? What about EDGE?????:edge: :sad: :sad: :sad:

.....About the magazine...I was really surprised and somewhat proud to see Bono and Ali in the magazine. Sometimes I feel U2 gets overlooked for somethings. Two recent examples: A few weeks ago People magazine had a little blurb about rock stars who wear beanies. *I guess it's all the rage this year* Um, I think they forgot someone who has been wearing a cute beanie for years :edge: and looks much better than all of the guys they showed combined....

Second...back to the awards, and no I don't think she is the queen of fashion, but Joan Rivers had a small segment about accessories on her fashion review show. I think both :bono: & :edge: should have been mentioned. Or are their accessories just so much part of them know nobody pays any attention:eyebrow:

Last edited:
hmmm...yeah, they usually don't mention edge, do they..

didn't notice scorsese only thanking bono cos my mom was cooking something really loudly and didn't hear me going "scorsese! one of the FEW good things in this whole stupid awards show!"

I'd have cheered for you Edge!!! :edge: :D

Oh, and about the fashion thing, my best friend had the People magazine special with all the new best fashion trends, and there was a page in there with Bono on one side and Edge on the other! :lol: They showed the pic of Bono at Edge's wedding with the parasol, showing how those are *cool* now, and the other side had the famous beanie wearers, including the wonderfully :combust: :edge:! I really wanted to rip out the page, but i thought she might want her magazine intact.

"beanie wearerS"??? as in more than one? as in someone other than edge?

rockonedge said:
I'd have cheered for you Edge!!! :edge: :D

Oh, and about the fashion thing, my best friend had the People magazine special with all the new best fashion trends, and there was a page in there with Bono on one side and Edge on the other! :lol: They showed the pic of Bono at Edge's wedding with the parasol, showing how those are *cool* now, and the other side had the famous beanie wearers, including the wonderfully :combust: :edge:! I really wanted to rip out the page, but i thought she might want her magazine intact.

Do you know what date that was from or at least who was on the cover of that issue? I remember the Bono picuture but I don't remember seeing Edge. What I was talking about was a towards the beginning of the magazine they have a "this week on people.com" section and that's where they mentioned the rock stars who wear beanies without mentioning :edge:

IWasBored said:
what other rock stars wear beanies??

only one I can remember from the magazine is Enrique Igle...screw it I don't have a clue how to spell his last name but that kid always has one on everytime I see him. It's not exactly suctioned to his head like Edge but it's still the same style hat. :madspit:

en--i can't even spell his first name, so i'll call him EI--isn't a rock star!!

you know, being bald means that your hair doesn't spontaneously push a beanie off your head when you frown or chew food or maove your head in any way...

Tabby said:
I'd love to see the pics!

I already got rid off all of my issues from the past month....damn. :( I looked on people.com and they only show current issues. (I have way too much time on my hands) I didn't see an archive issue. I think maybe I will just have to go to the library tomorrow after work and see what I can find. Unless anyone has a copy of this issue and wants to share it :yes:

Re: Re: Some tidbit articles about Bono in this week's US Weekly

arw9797 said:
I don't think she is the queen of fashion, but Joan Rivers had a small segment about accessories on her fashion review show. I think both :bono: & :edge: should have been mentioned. Or are their accessories just so much part of them know nobody pays any attention:eyebrow:

We're lucky she DIDN'T mention them, because I'm sure it wouldn't have been good. She voted Bono worst dressed man:mad: :rant:

arw9797 said:

Enrique Igle...screw it I don't have a clue how to spell his last name but that kid always has one on everytime I see him. It's not exactly suctioned to his head like Edge but it's still the same style hat. :madspit:

:lmao: @ "suctioned to his head" :hug: it's Iglesias

Enrique even wore Edge's "Born Free" shirt once (well, not HIS of course :D, but the same shirt)

I think he's an Edge admirer :shifty: :eeklaugh:

The People magazine article to which you refer is July 8, 2002. Tatum O'Neal is on the cover. The article is on page 116. It covers The Edge's wedding to Morleigh Steinberg.

Thanks for the articles. I'm not surprised about the applause at the GG's or anything else. I have the People magazine article about the show. Pretty cool. :drool: :drool:

Mrs. Blue said:
The People magazine article to which you refer is July 8, 2002. Tatum O'Neal is on the cover. The article is on page 116. It covers The Edge's wedding to Morleigh Steinberg.

No that's not the issue I am talking about. This is a more recent one that just mentions the beanies. I'm not sure about the other one but it's also pretty recent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom