SOE promo tour/promo activities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you hate it, let them know it

#U2heyheyhohothatmegaphonehasgottogo

What's the best way to let the band know our opinions about anything? I'd really like them to know that I would really like to hear the entire album from start to finish on the tour, except for a song or two:hmm:

Nice performance. But Bono vocal wise is heading downhill pretty fast imo. Compare this to 2015/2011/2010..... Night and day :(

Was that a wee tear in Bono's eye at the end,that video is why I fucking LOVE this band.
I noticed that as well, as he and Edge share a little friend moment.

Must be something, to flirt with possible death and still get to be here, to still create. And then to look back, hear this beautiful music and see what you've done in your life. And find it very dear

Anyone remember that they were rehearsing extensively with an orchestra pre I+e tour? Back when they were talking about pairs of shows, different night to night?

Maybe these shows will all be what they had intended the ‘second night’ shows to be - focusing on the more mature, wisdomous songs - backed with strings.

Had the same thought while hearing the strings' version of "Lights Of Home" and a couple songs from SOE. Now, this "All I Want Is You" performance.
And the I thought that it would be interesting to recover that concept of having maybe part of the show accompanied by a small orchestra able to travel on tour, or eventually to play with local orchestras from the city of the venue.
Maybe why not maintain the i+e Tour concept of spliting the setlist in two parts (excluding the encore) and having one of those two sections being the orchestral one.

I noticed that as well, as he and Edge share a little friend moment.

Must be something, to flirt with possible death and still get to be here, to still create. And then to look back, hear this beautiful music and see what you've done in your life. And find it very dear

They may say they don't want to look back but it's clear that nothing is guaranteed. I actually shed a tear myself. :sad:

64939f4c7ce65263f3594255fb3cf27b.jpg

Nice performance. But Bono vocal wise is heading downhill pretty fast imo. Compare this to 2015/2011/2010..... Night and day :(

Wasn't my favorite vocal performance of his of that song, but the overall performance with the orchestra was gorgeous.

Holy shiet that AIWY performance was epic.

Did they do any other string songs at the BBC?

Also, have they ever played AIWIY live with the string arrangement like it is on the album? Ax?

Yes, they did a short set, I saw about 6 songs listed somewhere. Its airing on BBC on the 19th, sure it will show up online shortly thereafter.

Also, have they ever played AIWIY live with the string arrangement like it is on the album? Ax?

Not that I can recall!

Though they did once do it as a medley with Bad, and if you can get past a slightly mediocre quality bootleg with Sil's older Australian cousin shrieking a bit, it's bloody awesome. Show is 20 October 1989, Sydney.

His voice sounds a little rough/sharp but I wouldn't say he sounds bad. He sounds eh on certain parts (the second verse) but great in others. Listen to the way his sings cradle at 34 sec and again at the 1:38 mark - nice vibrato. The all I want as yous at the end sound good. But seems kinda angry right after the first chorus and throughout the song.

Thought Bono sounded particularly strong during ordinary love period through the SOI promo appearances and the beginning of the tour. I hope he can hold up this time around. His vocals on SOE the album are excellent and it's going to be challenging night after night.

Last edited:
Really great to hear the string section on AIWIY, I've been wanting to hear that live for years. And nice to see Bono remembers Walk to the Water, even if the snippet was kinda pointless.

The promo of this album seems very low key at the minute, surely they have more planned?

late to the party, but everyone crapping on the SNL performances.... Not sure how it sounded on TV, but I was lucky enough to be in the studio audience, and the sound was crisp and the performance was solid. So it bodes well for the tour. The crowd was into it and trust me, that was not a crowd chock full of U2 fans. I think I was one of maybe two. My wife, who is a very casual fan thought both sounded great and agreed the stiffs and showbiz types in the audience liked it. Also that spot they set up the musical guest is much much smaller than I ever imagined.

Worth the license fee on it's own that performance. Full hour of performances and interviews to come - no adverts or shit like that. That's why the BBC is the best broadcaster.

The promo of this album seems very low key at the minute, surely they have more planned?

They were busy advertising during the Ashes last night down here in Australia!

The Blackout and GOOYOW were both used in the ad, with footage from the Blackout video and then GOOYOW over a gradual reveal of the album cover.

Is there anywhere we can hear the Howard Stern interview without being a Sirius subscriber?

They were busy advertising during the Ashes last night down here in Australia!

The Blackout and GOOYOW were both used in the ad, with footage from the Blackout video and then GOOYOW over a gradual reveal of the album cover.

Cheers mate, honestly not seen the ad here in the uk I know people have

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom