SOE 33: Bono to open the batting on new album, Larry to keep wicket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like you, i really enjoy these tracks too but
i was thinking the same thing the other day. i mean do we listen through 12 min of songs we already heard when each second that passes, from the first strum of TBT to the last beat of American Soul, all we are thinking about is “when does Summer of Love start”. Granted, there is merit in listening to the album in order but the first time through, i think we are good to skip 3-5.

Luckily I haven’t listened to the new tracks all that much because I wanted to get to know them better within the context of the album instead of as stand-alone songs.

That's not a knife, this is a knife, Leif.

Crykey, Mikey

In the civilized world Leif is pronounced "leef", Keef.

keef-fag-fingers-441x295.jpg

Or it can be pronounced "laif"

Congratulations, the past few pages is the first time I laughed at the name rhymes.

Uh ... name rhymes, ... um ... Name That Rhymes With Rhymes.

Agree with the posts saying that it doesn't make sense for American Soul to be the next single. What exactly are they thinking here? I don't hate the song by any means, but when you have a song like The Blackout available, YOU RELEASE IT AS A SINGLE!

There’s no announcement of it being the next single. I think people are reading too much into the lyric video. The Blackout video didn’t mean it was a single, either. But like you, I think it still should be!

My bet would still be on Get Out being the next single. That’s the song we know for sure they shot an actual video for.

This thread is hilarious, but it's cementing to me just how bad are the Blackout lyric-names, William James.

Get Out is already a single, it's on spotify and the other platforms
Blackout is already a single, it's on spotify and the other platforms
American Soul is already a single, it's on spotify and the other platforms

unless you only count physical releases as singles, then they've already released four from SOE

There’s no announcement of it being the next single. I think people are reading too much into the lyric video. The Blackout video didn’t mean it was a single, either. But like you, I think it still should be!

My bet would still be on Get Out being the next single. That’s the song we know for sure they shot an actual video for.

I hope you're right, because if not this whole thing might all go south. Like freedom.

Get Out is already a single, it's on spotify and the other platforms
Blackout is already a single, it's on spotify and the other platforms
American Soul is already a single, it's on spotify and the other platforms

unless you only count physical releases as singles, then they've already released four from SOE[/

But have they been released to radio in the traditional sense? I don’t think so. May need to have Cosmo weigh in. Also, the only song that’s been called a single and received a traditional video is Best Thing. It’s still climbing on the Hot AC chart, which I’m sure is the main reason we haven’t seen an “official” 2nd single.

who cares if they've been "released to radio," radio can play whatever it wants and radio counts for nothing compared to youtube and spotify etc, right?

who cares if they've been "released to radio," radio can play whatever it wants and radio counts for nothing compared to youtube and spotify etc, right?

Well... Sorta.

I mean, an official single is going to have actual videos to watch on youtube. Radio, while not what it used to be is still a huge medium. And it counts for at least 1/3 of the formula for the Billboard charts.

For example. plenty of artists that i don't follow super closely, may make songs "available" if you pre order an album or something. But the only songs i actually know from them are official singles that are released to radio and are on youtube...

Last edited:
I have a feeling SOE might leak today, based on nothing more than intuition... or wishfull thinking.
In the mean time, I am listening to Haim, which I discovered because of the sample in SOE. Really good.

I have a feeling SOE might leak today, based on nothing more than intuition... or wishfull thinking.
In the mean time, I am listening to Haim, which I discovered because of the sample in SOE. Really good.

If you think it's going to leak today, you're a sucker! Mother f$&ker[emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom