SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono definitely seems to have aged the most in the shortest amount of time (especially since the bike accident). Either that accident/recovery took an awful lot out of him or there's something else going on we aren't aware of. But looking at pictures of him from even just early 2014 he looks much more youthful and vibrant.

But the hair cut and shades certainly aren't helping anything.. It looked like a wig in that TMZ video at the pizzeria.

Bono definitely seems to have aged the most in the shortest amount of time (especially since the bike accident). Either that accident/recovery took an awful lot out of him or there's something else going on we aren't aware of. But looking at pictures of him from even just early 2014 he looks much more youthful and vibrant.

But the hair cut and shades certainly aren't helping anything.. It looked like a wig in that TMZ video at the pizzeria.

Maybe he's spent too much time watching Metallica and it just took it all out of him?

His eyes look, I dunno, drowsy. That's where appearance of lost vibrancy comes from. The granny glasses don't help, especially the clear ones, as you can see how shit his eyes look (and yes, I know he has glaucoma, but glaucoma doesn't make tour eyes droopy).

It may be in relation to his bike accident; I know he fractured his orbital socket.

Which is what it's even more baffling that he's wearing these Elton John granny glasses that make his eyes even more visible. You'd think if he needed the glasses to keep the bright lights out of his face he'd go back to the wrap-arounds or at least the aviators.

And that rat on his head needs a bath.

Who's have thought that 40 years in Adam would be the one to age gracefully.

His eyes look, I dunno, drowsy. That's where appearance of lost vibrancy comes from. The granny glasses don't help, especially the clear ones, as you can see how shit his eyes look (and yes, I know he has glaucoma, but glaucoma doesn't make tour eyes droopy).

It may be in relation to his bike accident; I know he fractured his orbital socket.

Which is what it's even more baffling that he's wearing these Elton John granny glasses that make his eyes even more visible. You'd think if he needed the glasses to keep the bright lights out of his face he'd go back to the wrap-arounds or at least the aviators.

And that rat on his head needs a bath.

Who's have thought that 40 years in Adam would be the one to age gracefully.

Well said.

He could surprise us in a year or so (maybe for the next tour) by making a few changes that would "turn back the clock" a bit. Like get better sunglasses, lose a few pounds, maybe dye his hair a little darker. Hopefully he reinvents his style for the better (instead of for the worse, as he's been doing). Of course, yeah, this is all superficial and unimportant... but he's a rock star, it's all artifice!

It's more than just the hair.. He looks really weathered in <3 years time.

Just look at their Graham Norton interview right before the accident (Oct. 2014):

Compared to last night's interview (Sept. 2017):

But I do think a few more pounds lost, a better hair style and glasses would help 'turn the clock back' a good bit.

In all fairness, the older you get, the harder it is to keep up with it, even without major accidents/surgeries. For a dude in his mid-50s, I'm not surprised to see him looking older over the span of 3 years.

HATED the wrap around ones. I prefer him in aviators, but I don't mind the circle ones.

For me it seems that the lens of the glasses that he is using lately have prescription on then. I think big glasses doesn’t work with prescription lenses.

For me it seems that the lens of the glasses that he is using lately have prescription on then. I think big glasses doesn’t work with prescription lenses.

Could be, especially if he is reading teleprompters and stuff, like 90% of people do at his age (including myself!). And smaller and rounder do work better then, wrap arounds definitely don't work.

I can almost guarantee you they're prescription, but they're just a bad shape. It's an unflattering shape for about 90% of the population.

But Bono's one of the most fashion backward men in his field. Always has been, yes even in the ZooTV days.

But Bono's one of the most fashion backward men in his field.

Shut your whore mouth

5718a1f94d967e5c652df78b2c0d24c6.jpg

Maybe we get Zoo/Pop mixed in on next tour. Now that would be ....drum roll...the best thing!

During the JF interview, Bono said that they will be playing some of the songs from SOE on the current tour. I am not going to listen to them, or at least will try my best not to. We already have had three songs, I want to be surprised by the other nine when the album is released. Don't think I will enjoy the album as much if I have already listened to half the album before its release. Anyone else feel this way?

During the JF interview, Bono said that they will be playing some of the songs from SOE on the current tour. I am not going to listen to them, or at least will try my best not to. We already have had three songs, I want to be surprised by the other nine when the album is released. Don't think I will enjoy the album as much if I have already listened to half the album before its release. Anyone else feel this way?

The only songs they'd play would be the 3 they've released thus far.

I'll be shocked if we get anything beyond these three. You have to remember bands don't do these interviews with the assumptions that the audience knows what's going on. Fallon's audience is not a bunch of setlist bitchers. So when Bono says that, some songs probably = Little Things and Best Thing.

Back
Top Bottom