SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So if U2 want a hit, wouldn't it make sense to play the song live at their shows ? Not everyone in attendance is a die hard fan, so most probably don't even know the song exists.

My guess is they don't know where to place it in the set. For them every song has to fit the narrative/theme of the show.

So if U2 want a hit, wouldn't it make sense to play the song live at their shows ? Not everyone in attendance is a die hard fan, so most probably don't even know the song exists.

My guess is they don't know where to place it in the set. For them every song has to fit the narrative/theme of the show.

If they don't know where to place these songs they could do a double encore. The first one with the songs they usually play after TJT and after that a second one with the 3 new songs with a closer like I will follow

If they don't know where to place these songs they could do a double encore. The first one with the songs they usually play after TJT and after that a second one with the 3 new songs with a closer like I will follow

Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year’s Day
Bad
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
--------
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
In God’s Country
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Exit
Mothers Of The Disappeared
------------
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
One
-----------
Blackout
The best thing
Little things
I Will Follow

It is a great setlist

Not a chance in hell they're doing three new songs in a row, especially not at the end. Everybody would've left by halfway through Little Things.

Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year’s Day
Bad
--------
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
In God’s Country
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Exit
------------
Beautiful Day
Elevation
One
-----------
Blackout
The best thing
Little things
I Will Follow

It is a great setlist

They should play more from american dream

Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year’s Day
Bad
--------
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
In God’s Country
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Exit
------------
Beautiful Day
Elevation
One
-----------
Blackout
The best thing
Little things
I Will Follow

It is a great setlist
The stadium would be half empty before they ever got to I Will Follow.

Toss The Blackout in after Sunday Bloody Sunday and just play one extra song front of JT, then toss Best Thing in second song of the encore after Beautiful Day. Follow it with Elevation and keep the rest of the set from there.

And for fucks sake don't spend 5 minutes introducing the new songs and cracking jokes about Edge not wanting anything to be done. Just play the fucking thing and tell those who don't know that it's a new song after the fact.

Last edited:
it would be cool if they followed the Joshua Tree with SOE in its entirety. They'd have to drop some songs, but there's precedent for such a show: REM played Murmur and Green at the Green album release show, and Bowie did Low & Heathen in 2002.

So where we at? In 2017, we've seen reference to the following 10 songs... leaving 1 or 2 more TBA for the album

The Blackout
American Soul
You're the Best Thing About Me
Love is Bigger than Anything in its Way
A Showman
The Lights of Home
Summer of Love
Much More Better
Red Flag Day
The Little Things That Give You Away

So where we at? In 2017, we've seen reference to the following 10 songs... leaving 1 or 2 more TBA for the album

The Blackout
American Soul
A Showman
The Lights of Home
Summer of Love
Much More Better
Red Flag Day
The Little Things That Give You Away

:hmm:...are you 'suggesting' a possible track listing...

Last night after they did BD, Elevation and Vertigo, the crowds energy was at a fever pitch. Once I saw Edge put on the Strat instead of the Rickenbacker I knew we were getting Best Thing instead of MW. TBT sounded great, crowd energy stayed pretty high, most people seemed to really enjoy it or at least happily willing to tolerate it.

But then they followed that up with Ultraviolet, and that pretty much put a nail in the crowds energy. I'm not a fan of the way they've been playing or presenting UV on this tour... Its an absolute dud. People started flocking for the exits, or were sitting down... the opposite of what you want to happen for your penultimate song. They should've kept MW instead, kept the energy level on a high, and then sent everyone home with a smile with One.

Instead, the show kind of ended on a "meh" note. TBT sounded great, though. I don't mean to be complaining, I got to see U2 of course! And the rest of the concert was great.

You know what's a horrible song title? I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. It should have just been titled STILL HAVEN'T!

You know what's a horrible song title? I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. It should have just been titled STILL HAVEN'T!

LOVE IS BIGGER THAN ANYTHING IN ITS WAY

such a fucking ridiculous title.

While fairly ridiculous, it is a better title than the following:

1 - Much More Better
2 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don'y Go Crazy Tonight

and

3 - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, which is the dumbest title in U2 history. Why? Because if you're "stuck" in something, then that automatically means that you can't get out of it, hence the "you can't get out of" bit is what makes it ridiculous. The song should have just been called Stuck In A Moment - makes more sense, less redundant, less of a mouthful, and catchier too.

Song titles...lyrics...we ALL really have too much time on our hands...:sexywink:

Not really, when some are obviously bad and stand out / strike you in the face immediately. I've not read into anything, I'm just dissing the titles that instantly struck me as obviously bad the moment I first saw them.

IGCIIDGCT seems to work more over time though, because while ridiculous, I suppose you could say it's supposed to be ridiculous.

But SIAMYCGOO is just wrong!

While fairly ridiculous, it is a better title than the following:

1 - Much More Better
2 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don'y Go Crazy Tonight

and

3 - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, which is the dumbest title in U2 history. Why? Because if you're "stuck" in something, then that automatically means that you can't get out of it, hence the "you can't get out of" bit is what makes it ridiculous. The song should have just been called Stuck In A Moment - makes more sense, less redundant, less of a mouthful, and catchier too.

Not exactly. You can get stuck in the mud, but with help get freed.

Moments are by definition fleeing, so they got stuck and couldn't be helped out.

Last night after they did BD, Elevation and Vertigo, the crowds energy was at a fever pitch. Once I saw Edge put on the Strat instead of the Rickenbacker I knew we were getting Best Thing instead of MW. TBT sounded great, crowd energy stayed pretty high, most people seemed to really enjoy it or at least happily willing to tolerate it.

But then they followed that up with Ultraviolet, and that pretty much put a nail in the crowds energy. I'm not a fan of the way they've been playing or presenting UV on this tour... Its an absolute dud. People started flocking for the exits, or were sitting down... the opposite of what you want to happen for your penultimate song. They should've kept MW instead, kept the energy level on a high, and then sent everyone home with a smile with One.

Instead, the show kind of ended on a "meh" note. TBT sounded great, though. I don't mean to be complaining, I got to see U2 of course! And the rest of the concert was great.
I like ultraviolet a lot and thought it was amazing on 360, but i agree this version is very flat.

American Soul
A Showman
Summer of Love
Much More Better
Red Flag Day

these titles are horrible.

it's troubling that Bono, an man closing in on 60, seems to think that LOVE is the governing force of the world.

Back
Top Bottom