So...how do you rate HTDAAB songs played so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
(I only listened to the first show versions)

1. Love and peace or else :up: just exploded live. Spectacular!
2. Miracle Drug :up: energised
3. All because of you :up: Edge figured out nicely how to play both the chords and the high squealing notes
4. Sometimes still beautiful
5. City of blinding lights I like this one a lot too
6. Vertigo still good
7. Yahweh would like to see this one full band, maybe without keyboards

I only like yahweh, Love and Peace of else and All Because Of You really... The other ones don't sound right for now... Maybe later...

1. Love and peace or else : seems awesome! better than the studio version
2. Miracle Drug : better from show to show (san diego 1 to san diego 2 to anaheim 1) but still needs work. bridge is great
3. All because of you : don't like the spot where it'S played but great version
4. Sometimes : Can't wait to see the visual on this one
5. City of blinding lights : i'm glad it's not the opening song anymore. Like the anaheim version best
6. Vertigo : Wow! this version is way better than the promo version! Incredidly better
7. Yahweh : i absolutely love the acoustic version!

Yahweh - sounds gorgeous
Vertigo - cant believe i'd enjoy it as much as this!
Sometimes - always beautiful
LAPOE - prefer this to City as the opener - rocks:rockon:
Miracle Drug - lacks sth - im sure it'll be sorted by the time I see em!
COBL - sounds nice - hasn't grown on me as *the* opener yet tho
ABOY - the weakest of them all, i'm still waiting for Bono to shout "wwwwaaaaaah" in the middle.:wink:

I like Yahweh, and its position before 40.

Vertigo and ABOY are strange because the band sounded very tight in the promo gigs and tv etc, but not so tight now. maybe the big sound setup affects this. They'll be fine soon enough

LAPOE - gettin stronger, and a better opener than COBL

COBL - must be a difficult song to nail live, and not strong enough as an opener. The song suffers from being a minute too long anyway, and it rambles on live. But Anaheim sounded better.

Miracle and Sometimes are also getting more powerful and will be a highlight by the time the tour really gets going.

I'd expect Crumbs to appear sometime, and Vertigo to open the show in Europe.

This is strange, ´cause I absolutely love the live version of COBL. I think it's extraordinary!
Before, when listening to the album, I skipped this particular number. Went directly to ABOY.
This is history now.
I think that LAPOE is strong, but not as strong as reported by people. The end is definately strong. What I don't get, is that people seem to have been surprised by it's live potential. I mean, the live version is pretty much close to the album version.
Not like Yahweh...
But that is one hell of a song - even in the album version.
It's great for a Yahweh disciple to see people finally realising the grandness of this song....
Vertigo? Just doesn't do it for me. Not on the album, not in a live situation.
But my bet is, that my attitude will change when I've actually attended a Vertigo show.

I continue to be absolutely floored by how much people like LAPOE, but, hey, maybe I'm missing something. It still bores me, live version or not.

I'm equally as floored by how many people don't like Yahweh. I think it's one of their all time greatest songs, and the live version is beautiful, also. I would like to hear a full band version, but I doubt that will happen.

they're playing the songs much better as i could imagine, especially vertigo is really a full throttle rocking song, the extension to the snippet of stories for boys just passes great before the reprise of the riff, love peace is just incredible as much as city and all because of you. miracle drug and sometimes are on the way to become more powerful. i think all in all i rate the atomic bomb songs with 9/10

Vertigo/Stories for boys is probably the most rocking song of the night.

I wish they would add an extra verse to ABOY like they did when they played the Brooklyn Bridge. I thought it made it a better song when they did that.

Miracle Drug is good, but they will probably make it better as the tour goes on and they are comfortable with all their songs and lyrics.

COBL - I think this is a fantastic song, probably the best on their album. I think this will be a great live song, they just need to experiment with this one a little more. Song is good, but seems a little bland at the moment. Maybe they could throw in a verse of Mercy to mix it up a little.

Sometimes - very good.

LAPOE - I really didnt like this song on the album, although live it really seems to work and I think it will probably be a future staple.

Yahweh - amazed at how well this one turned out. I hear many wanting a full band version, but I think the acoustic Yahweh fits perfectly before 40.

Sken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom