Sid Meier's Random Music Talk CIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been stuck in my head for the final half hour of my work day, so thanks for that.

Anything to dumb the constant pain of refreshing my various news feeds, only to find there is still no news on Jon Lester :sad:.

"sent from my iPad using Intereference Joanne"..so it is a she, and I honestly think not an alter/troll but what we see is what we get...makes it more funny for me.

I laugh every time I see "using Interference Joanne." I so want to ask about that specific app.

I also vote for not a troll, but I'm really bad at this game.

That Moist Yolk chucklehead, however ... it's more of a "troll or just a giant asshole?" game.

"Moist Yolk" is one of the less appealing word combinations I have come across in my life.

I know I've said it somewhere before, but I really like that song. It's really inoffensive pop. It doesn't add anything to my life, other than make me smile. That's good enough for me. But, I'm very glad the hype has quieted a bit on local radio.

If you hate it now you should've known how it was like last summer in Australia.

Riptide is annoying as hell, especially hearing it more than once. It's a totally boring song that happened to be released at the right time. People can't get enough of whiny shit like that.

It's pretty terrible, but right now Bastille gets the lion's share of my hatred when it comes to horribly boring and generic stuff (although that probably has something to do with me not having heard imagine dragons in a little while).

I don't know why I put myself though that Bastille album, but I did and discovered that Pompeii is indeed the best thing on there. Let that sink in.

And, of course, U2 fans want them to be an opener. Fucking hell.

I thought Pompeii was Mumford & Sons the first half dozen times I heard it.

So, I'll be perfectly honest, bands like Mastadon and the like, I kinda mix them all up in my head, so I can't honestly remember if I've heard anything by them before.

That being said, I'm really enjoying Once More 'Round the Sun. Kind of an odd pick for me, so early in the morning, but I'm awake now, at any rate. Especially fond of "Ember City". It gets dangerously close to being an emo ballad, but toes the line just enough to stay on the good side of emotion.

I am pretty much expecting U2 to get one of those big, bland bands as an opener. Bastille, Imagine Dragons ...

Meh.

That being said, I'm really enjoying Once More 'Round the Sun. Kind of an odd pick for me, so early in the morning, but I'm awake now, at any rate. Especially fond of "Ember City". It gets dangerously close to being an emo ballad, but toes the line just enough to stay on the good side of emotion.

I like Once More 'Round the Sun as well.

Crack the Skye is still my fave, though. (Of the Mastodon records I have.)

My daughter asked me a few months ago if I wanted tickets to see Tokyo Police Club in a club where she goes to school, and I was all "yeah, but it's on a weeknight and it's an hour away, so...no." Totally forgot it was tonight, and now I'm pissed off at past me for experiencing some weird wave of responsibility that is quite unlike me.

I really like a couple of tracks on their new album. Overall, maybe not so good, but I bet they're at least fun live.

Yeah, I'm not a giant fan, but have been a casual fan since pretty much the release of their first EP, and like enough by them that I'd really love to see them, especially in a club. I'm a sucker for the whole indie poppy punky thing.

Since I posted that, I found out that Said the Whale is opening the show, along with someone else I've never heard of. I texted to say damn, didn't realize StW was playing too...she didn't know them, and they weren't even going to go till TPL went on. I told her to get there, pronto and she just texted and said they did, and she likes StW so far.

Damn kids.

Back
Top Bottom