Sid Meier's Random Music Talk CIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Doubt getting the headlining slot. They couldn't rearrange the times and put them where they belong, like between Imagine Dragons and TFF?

In LA, No Doubt is the headliner amongst those bands. 2 years ago they sold out 7 nights at the Gibson.

It's going to be 90's nostalgia for me, so I'm pretty excited.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

People going to night number 1 might have some teen angst I hate my parents pent up rage aggression going on. Or something.

People going to night number 1 might have some teen angst I hate my parents pent up rage aggression going on. Or something.

that they've been harboring for the last 16 year, since they were 14 or 15?

So I'm working on 3 different music projects right now. There's the rock band that is working on its first single (Sun Giants), the EDM project which is just me playing with fun synths and having my friends sing on it (Pineapple Skulls), and the indie folk/sunshine pop duo of me and the singer from the first band (Moon Dwarfs).

Moon Dwarfs is going to put out a Christmas song tomorrow, Silent Night, and I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in hearing it right now and giving me some feedback. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send the mp3 your way.

I seriously doubt that. I try to picture him lifting a finger to put in that kind of effort and I can't.

'Moist Yolks' is most likely another of our old regulars.

It was only because of the reference they made to spending a hefty amount of cash on lunch, or something, that it seemed like zoomerang. Though, I agree that none of the other posts seem to be ones he would make.

I just discovered there's a 10-track version of Mission of Burma's Signals, Calls, and Marches that has Academy Fight Song on it. Guess I have a new favorite album.

New Modest Mouse is out March 3, Strangers to Ourselves. New single Lampshades on Fire out tomorrow :hyper:

New D'Angelo Black Messiah out tonight :hyper:

I also caught Ghostface Killah and De La Soul at a festival over the weekend. Former was a bit underwhelming, yet another set by an old hip-hop head who doesn't really seem all that interested. A lot of hype shit, a lot of snippets of hip-hop tracks that have nothing to do with Tony Starks, a lot of incoherent babble from the DJ. But, it was still good fun and better than some of the lamer sets I've seen from old hip-hop heads. And when he did Protect Ya Neck he asked for two volunteers from the crowd to do Method Man and ODB's verses, which was super fucking awesome. A couple of people choked (including the bloke who runs hip-hop karaoke hahahaha) but the two who did it were so great, the bloke who did Meth's verse is incredible, I've interviewed him before. He has won gold playing wheelchair basketball at the Paralympics for Australia, and the morning the festival started he had just finished playing 24 straight hours of wheelchair tennis for charity. Highly recommended watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ5mD1mdJ74

Because I'm an arsehole at festivals, I missed other bands like Ty Segall, Cloud Nothings etc but I did see De La Soul and they were my highlight. I'd seen them a few years ago at a club gig and was a bit underwhelmed but they were fucking awesome this time. A perfect example of what an old hip-hop head act should be, just good fun. And then at the end Mase got the crowd to be quiet then did his incredible laugh from the start of Feel Good Inc, which was just brilliant.

I initially thought Cobbler was just talking about one track. Minutes later I figured out it was a full album, but I'm glad Laz posted a link.

Do you have a song that you struggle to listen to in full because it starts off so well then doesn't quite live up to that in the rest of the song?

Three Stacks' verse on Int'l Players Anthem is so incredible, so joyous, so sweet and nice, and contains one of the best lines ever in "I cc'd every girl that I'd see see round town" and then the other verses, good though they are, are just no comparison.

Back
Top Bottom