Sid Meier's Random Music Talk CIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh crap, i thought it was 2004.

we're talking about the "i was banned from the corner gas station" thread, right?

Yep. I was just reading it. Besides a bump from 2004, as far as I can tell, the first post was in 01.

She? So we know who it is and you haven't told me?

I'm terrible at figuring out non-zoots alts.

Also her tag when she's on her iPad says something like

"sent from my iPad using Intereference Joanne"..so it is a she, and I honestly think not an alter/troll but what we see is what we get...makes it more funny for me.

So, I parked my car on this super steep driveway today, and I was so nervous about it that I made absolute certain I pulled up the emergency break. The lady I was delivering some stuff to and I unloaded what was in my trunk and then started making our way back to my car. As I approach it, I get the sense that it's moving, because, of course, it was. Everything but my car started going in absolute slow-mo. I threw open the door, sized up where the brake was, and as it starts picking up speed, I jumped in and slammed down on the pedal. It was the most intensely awesome/scary thing. Car is fine. Turned out in my preoccupation with pulling up the emergency break, I left the car in drive :|.

So, I parked my car on this super steep driveway today, and I was so nervous about it that I made absolute certain I pulled up the emergency break. The lady I was delivering some stuff to and I unloaded what was in my trunk and then started making our way back to my car. As I approach it, I get the sense that it's moving, because, of course, it was. Everything but my car started going in absolute slow-mo. I threw open the door, sized up where the brake was, and as it starts picking up speed, I jumped in and slammed down on the pedal. It was the most intensely awesome/scary thing. Car is fine. Turned out in my preoccupation with pulling up the emergency break, I left the car in drive :|.

i laughed. but mostly because i could totally see myself doing the same thing.

Oh no, laughter is definitely the appropriate reaction here.

If I hadn't been so busy shaking from that momentary adrenaline high, I would've been laughing my ass off. I was later, when I recounted the event to my boss. He gave me a fist-bump and congratulated my Dukes of Hazzard moves :lol:.

I really like Azealia Banks' album. It's not that I like everything about it or every track on it (there are many of them), but it's so fresh and bracing that I can't help but appreciate what she's doing.

I wish she weren't so antagonistic and abrasive. It's tough to root for her because she's such an asshole.

Last edited:
After seeing Future Islands on Tuesday, I've gone back through their discography. I can't recommend In Evening Air highly enough. It's almost like early Beach House meets Boxer-era National, which is one the best things imaginable for me. Makes 2010 look even better as a music year, and it was already great.

In Evening Air is much better than Singles. I Cobblered it with them and it worked out OK because it gave me a better album to discover later.

Hookworms' album is amazing. Big shakeups in my 2014 list over the past few days, which is always a good thing. I'm finding a lot of good stuff.

Thanks for the Hookworms suggestion. I'm checking them out now. Love what I'm hearing.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom