Sid Meier's Random Music Talk CIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure what your relationship with 80s hard rock and thrash is, but you like to rock pretty well, so listening to Maiden's debut is recommendable. I can imagine that anyone who enjoys guitars in some capacity would find something to enjoy there.

Martha, this is the first song off the first album. It doesn't all sound like this but in general the early material is more punk than what you probably think of as metal. A lot of that in New Wave British metal of the early 80s.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4Kmn_9CILtM

I'll check this out when I get home later tonight. I'm still at school "working" on report cards and it's a pain in the ass to sign into youtube here.

Thanks, though. Remind me to listen if I don't get to it.

A co-worker of mine today said that she had to assure her kids that it was ok for her to like "hard rock" like 3 Doors Down and Nickelback. "It's okay that I like Nickelback," she said. I had to tell her that, no it's not ok to like Nickelback because they're terrible. She seemed somewhat confused by that.

:lol:

How are nickleback and U2 even one of the same? Very funny.:)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

it's bad i can't tell if this is the new zoots, or just a reading comprehension-impaired person from the other place who wandered in here.

c. Well-Executed troll.

So, I'm listening to Ariana Grande, finally. I'm only halfway through, but I'm a *tad* disappointed. This is all really good, but at the same time, it's pretty generic. "Love Me Harder" might be my favorite pop song of the year, but other than that, I'm not hearing much that stands out as special.

EDIT: I just heard "Break Your Heart Right Back". Why would you do a hip hop/pop song with a sample of "I'm Coming Out"? To say it's been done before would be an understatement.

c. Well-Executed troll.

So, I'm listening to Ariana Grande, finally. I'm only halfway through, but I'm a *tad* disappointed. This is all really good, but at the same time, it's pretty generic. "Love Me Harder" might be my favorite pop song of the year, but other than that, I'm not hearing much that stands out as special.

EDIT: I just heard "Break Your Heart Right Back". Why would you do a hip hop/pop song with a sample of "I'm Coming Out"? To say it's been done before would be an understatement.

poorly executed troll. obvious troll is obvious, kind of poor in the execution.

i mean, i hope they're a troll. anything else is reason to lose faith in humanity*.

*or be another confirmation of, since technically i have no faith in humanity already.

Oh, I just find their recent, obviously trolling posts to be pretty fun. Especially the one where she called Diemen a mom.

So, it's two days until the Fleetwood Mac show. Can someone please tell me what to do about getting to the forum? I'm pretty peeved that I can't take the train there, I mistakenly thought I could. Parking seems excessively expensive, and I'm worried about traffic.

Is there any silver lining?

So, it's two days until the Fleetwood Mac show. Can someone please tell me what to do about getting to the forum? I'm pretty peeved that I can't take the train there, I mistakenly thought I could. Parking seems excessively expensive, and I'm worried about traffic.

I answered you on FB this evening.

Traffic will be a bitch. It just will be. It always will be.

Oh, I just find their recent, obviously trolling posts to be pretty fun. Especially the one where she called Diemen a mom.

She? So we know who it is and you haven't told me?

I'm terrible at figuring out non-zoots alts.

Silver lining: you can bask in the glory of the 1980s championship Laker teams that played there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom