Shuttlecock XXV: Praying for Bono's Ball Circulation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone, post in here! It's not stickied yet. We don't dare let it fall to page 2! :sad:

What's happening in 9 days? Just another Saturday night here :sigh:

:yawn:

Nice thread title cori (LMP).

I think I'm getting this new morning schedule down. Try to get to bed before midnight. Get up at 6:00 - get Maddy's breakfast & lunch made, get her off to school. Come home around 7:00-ish and go back to sleep for a couple of hours :)

Listening to the WBWC U2 Marathon online :hyper:
Now playing: Stand Up Comedy (I know you guys don't like it :madspit: ), but I do!

I was kind of hoping Stand Up Comedy would grow on me, but it really hasn't.

I very much hope they don't bring that out for the US tour. Especially in a show I'm attending.

I was kind of hoping Stand Up Comedy would grow on me, but it really hasn't.

I very much hope they don't bring that out for the US tour. Especially in a show I'm attending.

Here's a thought: why don't you reserve judgement after the song is performed live? If they play it, you just might like its live incarnation. And if you don't, well, then there's 20 or 21 other songs for you to enjoy.

There are tons of songs that I don't like on an album and loved listening to it in concert. Maybe it's just me. :shrug:

Great title, by the way. :up:

Here's a thought: why don't you reserve judgement after the song is performed live?

Yes, if I like it, I'll gladly say that hearing it live changed my mind, but I'm not going to stop having an opinion about it beforehand.

:shrug:

Edited to add: :)

and: :hug:

Oh, and: :bonodrum:

I understand your point, and I agree that one's opinion on any song you hear on an album is perfectly valid.

However, in my opinion, to say, "I very much hope they don't bring that out for the US tour. Especially in a show I'm attending," is a little over the top for me. And that's because sometimes, but not always, songs in its live form can sneak up on you and offer a pleasant surprise.

It's the main reason why I don't understand them not playing any Pop songs. Yes, the album didn't sell well in the U.S., but play a song live, like Please, for example, and it might pique at least one person's interest in listening to the album again or buying it for the first time.

And that's because sometimes, but not always, songs in its live form can sneak up on you and offer a pleasant surprise.

Well yeah, I don't disagree on that. Sorry to irritate you with irritating opinions that are irritating. :)

You wacky Canucks, always being so reasonable. :angry:

Hey, I can't remember - did you say you were going to the Vancouver show?

Hope you can go. If you do go I'm totally stalking you down with night vision goggles we'll have to meet!

Hope you can go. If you do go I'm totally stalking you down with night vision goggles we'll have to meet!

You should punch him in the face when you see him and then say, "How do you like Stand Up Comedy live now, biotch?!" You know, 'cause you'll likely never forgive him for this epic argument over whether or not it's ok to say you don't want to hear something.

Nah, I'll get over the epic argument long before then. Maybe in another minute or three.

Right now, I'm still enjoying my inappropriate white-hot, seething rage. I'll go cry it out in the bathroom stall, maybe punch the towel dispenser, and then I'll be good.

Sounds like fun!

You should punch him in the face when you see him and then say, "How do you like Stand Up Comedy live now, biotch?!" You know, 'cause you'll likely never forgive him for this epic argument over whether or not it's ok to say you don't want to hear something.

:lol: This made me laugh. :up:

Way to blow up at Cori BoMac! :angry:

:angry: I didn't blow up at her.

Hmm, I thought I had presented the perfect picture of calm, feminine ladyness.

You had. I was just joking since it obviously wasn't a big deal to either of you, so I was trying to make it seem as if you both hated each other now.

Why is BoMac fueled by rage? I mean, I understand when it's aimed towards Elfa, but not others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom