Shuttlecock XXI: Laz is Bigger Than Anyone in His Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolling Stone interview where he said something to the effect of this being a tour for the long-time fans or real fans or whatever.

I mean, Acrobat. Okay. And ..... ? It was a weird thing to say.

Actually, I think the point wasn't Acrobat. I think it was that they are supporting their new material. Something they were heavily criticized for during 360 (and somewhat during i+e).

Enjoyed your review, gump. Having seen the show in Vegas, I feel pretty much exactly like you do re: setlist.

Here is my proposal as to how they could accomplish everything they want to accomplish on this tour, but with a little more variety, thematic consistency, and a much better set:

(inside the screen)
1. Love Is All We Have Left
2. Invisible
3. The Blackout
4. Even Better than the Real Thing/Mysterious Ways
5. Lights of Home
(main stage)
6. I Will Follow/Gloria
7. The Electric Co./Out of Control
8. Vertigo/Elevation
9. Red Flag Day
10. Raised by Wolves/Cedarwood Road
11. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
12. Until the End of the World
(intermission)
13. Hold Me, Thrill Me
14. The Fly
15. Desire
16. Acrobat
17. Please
18. Where the Streets Have No Name
(Bono/Edge Set)
19. Staring at the Sun
20. Summer of Love
(full band)
21. Beautiful Day
22. Little Things
23. One
(encore)
24. Bad
25. Love Is Bigger than Anything in Its Way
26. All I Want Is You

Please is really the only song that's "out there" on this list. Everything else is something they're already playing or have played on a recent tour.

Here is my proposal as to how they could accomplish everything they want to accomplish on this tour, but with a little more variety, thematic consistency, and a much better set:

(inside the screen)
2. Invisible
3. The Blackout
5. Lights of Home
(main stage)
6. I Will Follow/Gloria
8. Vertigo/Elevation
9. Red Flag Day
(intermission)
13. Hold Me, Thrill Me
14. The Fly
15. Desire
16. Acrobat
17. Please
(Bono/Edge Set)
19. Staring at the Sun
20. Summer of Love
(full band)
21. Beautiful Day
22. Little Things
23. One
(encore)
24. Bad
26. All I Want Is You

Please is really the only song that's "out there" on this list. Everything else is something they're already playing or have played on a recent tour.

Philadelphia version:

2. Invisible
3. The Blackout
5. Lights of Home
(main stage)
6. I Will Follow/Gloria
8. Vertigo/Elevation
9. Red Flag Day
(intermission)
13. Hold Me, Thrill Me
14. Magnificent
15. Desire
16. Acrobat
17. Please
(Bono/Edge Set)
19. Staring at the Sun
20. Summer of Love
(full band)
21. Beautiful Day
22. Little Things
23. One
(encore)
24. Bad
26. All I Want Is You

BoMac, they've said that last yeat's JT tour was the reason for dropping them. I think it's good to give them a break. How can we miss songs that won't go away?

Next tour, I hope for the opportunity to start missing IWF, Beautiful Day and Elevation.

Respectfully disagree. Dropping Streets entirely is the one thing this band should never do. Every show I’ve been to I remember eagerly anticipating the start of that song, as I’m sure many of you here have.

Adding that one song would, for me, make the show a lot more interesting and exciting. But as it stands I pretty much agree with everything gump said in his review.

Philadelphia version:

2. Invisible
3. The Blackout
5. Lights of Home
(main stage)
6. I Will Follow/Gloria
8. Vertigo/Elevation
9. Red Flag Day
(intermission)
13. Hold Me, Thrill Me
14. Magnificent
15. Desire
16. Acrobat
17. Please
(Bono/Edge Set)
19. Staring at the Sun
20. Summer of Love
(full band)
21. Beautiful Day
22. Little Things
23. One
(encore)
24. Bad
26. All I Want Is You

Well I knew this was coming.

Btw, what was that augmented reality app after all? Just the waterfall?

And this is perhaps me being old, but this was the worst show I've ever been to insofar as cameras/phones are concerned. I felt like every single person was shooting videos of every single moment.

Last edited:
Oh, just found it. I can get why she would make it; I'd be lying if I said I haven't ranted about people at shows who really didn't seem to care to be there. But on the other hand, really not sure she should be calling out people in public like that, especially if the guy's got some sort of disability or injury - or has had such a good time that he's right plastered and waiting to chunder.

People shouldn't judge others only by looking at them. If they do, they should be called out. Not complicated.

Some guy at the Apollo show (turns out he won the grand prize so had travel paid for) was sitting down at least once. Eve took a pic and posted on Instagram and people are being dicks about him.

Not a fan of posting pics of strangers online to mock them, but also fuck off with that. Not everyone has to be losing their shit at every moment to be enjoying the show.

But eve also snapped a pic of U2Brother in the crowd and captioned it with "I L Y," which is pretty awesome.

I was over it until I saw friends posting about it on FB and then got all riled up again.

I hope the guy is more tickled that Bono's daughter made him famous, than bummed out that people are being dicks about it.

I was over it until I saw friends posting about it on FB and then got all riled up again.

I hope the guy is more tickled that Bono's daughter made him famous, than bummed out that people are being dicks about it.
Seriously. The guy she put on blast doesn't care.

I just don't get it from all sides.

A) who cares if he was sitting? He had a front row balcony seat.

B) who cares if Eve put it on her Instagram story? It was funny

Why does everything have to illicit faux outrage?

Still have not bought tickets for tonight. What's the latest you can buy a ticket on Stubhub and get it emailed to you for an event?

I wouldn't chance waiting longer than an hour or so before the show starts. Some venues close it down at doors.

Still have not bought tickets for tonight. What's the latest you can buy a ticket on Stubhub and get it emailed to you for an event?

There is literally zero reason to queue all day (or longer) for this tour. I got there at 7 and secured a sweet spot a couple of rows back from the rail, in the middle of the catwalk. Was able to see the main stage, the screen and B-stage perfectly from there. And the floor didn't really start filling up until around 7:30.

There is literally zero reason to queue all day (or longer) for this tour. I got there at 7 and secured a sweet spot a couple of rows back from the rail, in the middle of the catwalk. Was able to see the main stage, the screen and B-stage perfectly from there. And the floor didn't really start filling up until around 7:30.
Oh, I'm not. If I buy a ticket it's for the seats. I'm on the floor tomorrow but I'm in no rush to get there early. I'm wondering about buying a ticket for tonight's show with this post.

Oh, I'm not. If I buy a ticket it's for the seats. I'm on the floor tomorrow but I'm in no rush to get there early. I'm wondering about buying a ticket for tonight's show with this post.
Check the Facebook board for the show... Decent chance of finding someone trying to unload a single at the last minute, sometimes even for less than face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom