Shuttlecock VII: Journeys to The Edge of the catwalk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deathbear is a bit over the top though. I don't think I've seen him say one nice thing about the band in years, so I kind of get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably too late, but I'm wondering if trading my night 4 ticket for night 5 would be a smart move.

I'd probably get Electric Co. again, which I'd be fine with, but I'd be rolling the dice on the mini-stage set, and getting ATYCLB x 2 again would def send me into Incredible Hulk mode.

My instinct is to say that on a final night of a long stand like this is Anything Goes, but you can even look at some of the band's last shows of a tour where they didn't really do anything special.

The Roxy show threw a monkey wrench into things, no? They surprisingly played California, and if it's now on a once-every-third-show rotation it means I'm not going to hear it tonight.

Mother & Child Reunion segueing into Streets still doesn't work for me. Setlists aside, that's probably my biggest letdown of the show.

Forgot to comment on this. No, it doesn't work. I love the Paul Simon original, but the transition is WAY too abrupt. It's staggering that no one in the band or crew has noticed this.

Look, most of our complaints are valid, but we can't completely judge until the next leg starts, when they usually make some bigger changes. If some of the issues are corrected, I'll be bummed I saw them too early, but will be happy for everyone else. And of course, they'll probably come back here, though I'm not sure how much more money I want to spend (another U2.com renewal included) just to hear like one more new song and one more oldie.

I love New York. I think it's a great song.

:up: The "you've gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York" is one of Bono's best lyrics of the last 4 albums.
It's one of the few songs where he's used imagery effectively like he did back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Anyway, back to U2, I once had a decidedly casual fan express surprise to me that U2 don't play Silver and Gold any more, but maybe I can put that down to the fact Rattle and Hum is the band's best-selling album down here.

Is that because of the Lovetown tour?

Call me crazy, but I expect tonight to be the most "diverse" show, and night 5 to mirror night 1. Night 5 just seems to have no umph behind it. There's a three day gap between nights, it's a weekday, it's still not sold out, etc.

Wanna hear something crazy? Even with the 250 I lost taking off work, the 175 I spent on The second night, the ticket I bought for tonight, parking, and and gas, I still spent less money for three nights, than I did for one night in Cleveland buying scalped GAs for the vertigo tour. Counting the cost of driving and hotel.

Been listening to a lot of U2 on shuffle on ye olde iPod these days.

Damn, Moment of Surrender is aces.

:up: I've really been digging that song lately. The only one I ever go back to on NLOTH. I'll occasionally listen to Fez and NLOTH2, but that's about it.

I still really like almost all of NLOTH. I don't even mind Boots and Crazy Tonight (but on their own, not in the context of the album). Stand Up Comedy is the only one I don't bother with.

I listened to that song yesterday for the first time in ages. One of the few post 2000 U2 songs that could compete for a place in my top 20.

I still love me some Fez and the title track.

I also listened to Surrender (not MOS) like 10x last night.

They were playing Fez over the radio while we were in the GA line. It had been a while since I'd heard it and I was really impressed. I never liked it that much at first, but wow, it's grown on me.

What a difference my attitude towards u2, their music, and their love shows can make if I actually like the current album :lol:

I'm listening to Fez now. That song is up their with Moment of Surrender. Cedars of Lebanon as well. I don't think there's anything on SOI that reaches the heights of those three tracks. The Troubles maybe.

An EP consisting of NLOTH, MOS, Fez, White As Snow and Cedars would have been amazing. They could've included Unknown Caller with some better lyrics.

Guys, the thread is almost done. No one's fallen off the stage since the first show, so what else are we going to go with for a title?

I still think the back half of SoI is the best group of songs for them since Pop. Every one of those tracks brings something new to the table, and they hang together well. Bravo to them for trusting Danger Mouse for at least that much.

I still think the back half of SoI is the best group of songs for them since Pop. Every one of those tracks brings something new to the table, and they hang together well. Bravo to them for trusting Danger Mouse for at least that much.

I agree with this. The front half of the album could've been closer if they'd put Crystal Ballroom and Invisible on it and left SFS off, imo.

They were playing Fez over the radio while we were in the GA line. It had been a while since I'd heard it and I was really impressed. I never liked it that much at first, but wow, it's grown on me.

What a difference my attitude towards u2, their music, and their love shows can make if I actually like the current album :lol:

I'm listening to Fez now. That song is up their with Moment of Surrender. Cedars of Lebanon as well. I don't think there's anything on SOI that reaches the heights of those three tracks. The Troubles maybe.

An EP consisting of NLOTH, MOS, Fez, White As Snow and Cedars would have been amazing. They could've included Unknown Caller with some better lyrics.

Fez was my favorite track on NLOTH from the get-go. Love it. A shame they never tried it live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom