Shuttlecock IV: The Doubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I shouldn't have to spell it out, but it's the "Beyonce is scum" and "Bono's that type of guy" and "lady who used to bitch me out in PMs" terror trio as far as this cat's concerned.

I'm late to the party, but Still Haven't Found was better than Streets. Way better. Good, actually.

I refuse to have anything to do with Chris Martin, though, so I have no idea how those songs were.

What a wonderful year. 1987. I remember getting The Joshua Tree at one place of residence(city) April then moving out to the country. (July) We had this dreamlike tree swing...It was I remember my brother who loved Bob Seger telling me ... I kinda like "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".

What a wonderful year. 1987. I remember getting The Joshua Tree at one place of residence(city) April then moving out to the country. (July) We had this dreamlike tree swing...It was I remember my brother who loved Bob Seger telling me ... I kinda like "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".

watch-the-world-burn.jpg

Hey guys, U2 shouldn't announce their tour because people who've never met him and know literally nothing about his injury beyond what was mentioned in Rolling Stone think he's not well enough to consider touring yet. Plus it doesn't fit my Christmas budgeting.

Hey guys, U2 shouldn't announce their tour because people who've never met him and know literally nothing about his injury beyond what was mentioned in Rolling Stone think he's not well enough to consider touring yet. Plus it doesn't fit my Christmas budgeting.

:giggle:

Do you think if those Paris dates are official, they will put them on sale this early? It does kinda piss me off when tickets go on sale nearly 12 months before the actual dates, not that it concerns me in this case, but it's happened with other bands before.

:giggle:

Do you think if those Paris dates are official, they will put them on sale this early? It does kinda piss me off when tickets go on sale nearly 12 months before the actual dates, not that it concerns me in this case, but it's happened with other bands before.

Seems to be the way of touring now. Can't believe how far in advance I've seen some tours sold. Didn't some tween juggernaut - One Direction, Bieber, or similar - sell tickets for an Aussie tour something obscene like 15 or 18 months in advance? I remember remarking at the time "oh come on, in a year all those screaming fangirls will have moved on to the next obsession!"

Seems to be the way of touring now. Can't believe how far in advance I've seen some tours sold. Didn't some tween juggernaut - One Direction, Bieber, or similar - sell tickets for an Aussie tour something obscene like 15 or 18 months in advance? I remember remarking at the time "oh come on, in a year all those screaming fangirls will have moved on to the next obsession!"

I know. Taylor Swift just put dates on sale or is putting dates on sale this/next week for shows next December. I mean I understand doing it this time of year, but its so far away.

Hopefully U2 get here in our Summer 2016. Depending on if SOE is a thing, then it could be December 2016.

For years I'd wanted Australia to not be right at the end of the touring schedule. Finally, we were in the middle(-ish) for 360... and it was the one tour where the middle-ish sets were possibly most watered down and things got more exciting again at the end.

We could see some decent sets if were are at the start of the SOE part of the tour (if that happens) But I still think we will left till the end.

Stingray was kinda cool at the time, but I would trade just about any show I saw for something from Europe when they were really experimenting with new songs, or the US Achtung Baby anniversary tour.

I thought the setlist was awful in 2009 and 2010. Badly paced, poor song selection and most importantly - way too mellow.

That tour really tipped the scale as far as my frustrations with the band were concerned. It was all downhill from there.

What tours have had their best sets in the final leg? ZooTV's Australian leg in 1993 was pretty special with the Zooropa material, and 360's final North American leg in 2011 clearly had the best sets. Beyond that - final legs have never had the best song selection. I suppose JT and Lovetown were fairly even in quality throughout.

Definitely Zoomerang. Late JT sets included One Tree Hill, so that's a plus, although Electric Co. (which was great on that tour) and A Sort of Homecoming were out by that point.

Popmart had Bad in those late sets as well.

So glad that I went in 2011. Didn't get TUF or UV, but got EBTTRT as an opener (easily the best of the tour), Zooropa and One Tree Hill. :heart:

And perhaps just as importantly: NO IN A LITTLE WHILE OR NORTH STAR. Fuck, what a terrible leg that was.

You say like that's a good thing.

I'd be happy never to hear those two songs at a concert again.

What tours have had their best sets in the final leg? ZooTV's Australian leg in 1993 was pretty special with the Zooropa material, and 360's final North American leg in 2011 clearly had the best sets. Beyond that - final legs have never had the best song selection. I suppose JT and Lovetown were fairly even in quality throughout.

Sydney or maybe Adelaide, what exists online, are pretty much the go-to for me when it comes to the likes of Lemon/With or Without You, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car, and Dirty Day.

Sydney or maybe Adelaide, what exists online, are pretty much the go-to for me when it comes to the likes of Lemon/With or Without You, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car, and Dirty Day.

That Adelaide bootleg is so strange. Recording off the monitors with no crowd noise whatsoever :no:

(Great performances nonetheless, Zoomerang was exceptional)

Back
Top Bottom