Sexmoan, Pampanga, Philippines Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled.jpg

:tsk: pedos.

God, they should've just quit in 1990, they really should've.
With Pop, Passengers, and a few gems from Zooropa and Achtung as exceptions, I concur with this statement.

GG2! :love:

Oh, I need to remember to buy Red Rocks when it comes out. It's funny, I've been listening to early U2 lately, and it's been reminding me why I used to love them. God, they should've just quit in 1990, they really should've.

Oh man, yes. Of course I love Zooropa, but I think I could live without it. Most of their post 80s output just frustrates me. It's often either arrogant or uninspired. I make exceptions, of course - half of Zooropa at least are some of my very favourite songs, and I like HMTMKMKM a lot too, in fact it was my favourite song of theirs for a while. But other than that, yeah. I can dig.

I mean like you didn't know this already.

With Pop, Passengers, and a few gems from Zooropa and Achtung as exceptions, I concur with this statement.

Here's the way I see it. If they quit in 1990, I don't get Acrobat, Zooropa the song, Gone, or Passengers, but at least we're all not stuck with half of Achtung, half of Zooropa, half of Pop, and all of their 2000s output, while their eighties canon stands as a fantastically sound legacy. Every album and tour from then on, Passengers aside, has something to somewhat tarnish that legacy, but not too substantially, so I'd be happy for them to quit at any point from 1990 to 1998.

But from the release of Sweetest Thing in 1998 onwards ... ugh.

Pretty good, and yourself? :sexywink:

Woops, have I gone into "U2 should quit" mode with people who actually don't entirely hate U2 around? :uhoh:

Do they teach you American English over there? :tsk:

"Paedos".

:kiss: Good now you're here!

:shifty: and cause I'm eating pizza again tonight!

:tsk: You should've known that 90s U2 is actually the only U2 I even remotely care about...

:rolleyes: Spelling nazi?
I also say both either and eeeeether, and say tomato, humour, I sorta vary it all... :shrug: at least I speak better english than the average american!

That's most of the '90s right there... They should have quit in 1999. Cos I quite like Stateless/TGBHF.

You win! :hi5: agreed!

I can live with all the 80s bullshite, tho DO NOT MAKE ME WATCH ANY VIDEOS!

and well, I don't mind half of JT and a few other songs... :shrug:

:scream: Just do not make me watch any footage from that era.

:kiss: Good now you're here!

:shifty: and cause I'm eating pizza again tonight!

:tsk: You should've known that 90s U2 is actually the only U2 I even remotely care about...

:rolleyes: Spelling nazi?
I also say both either and eeeeether, and say tomato, humour, I sorta vary it all... :shrug: at least I speak better english than the average american!

Share the pizza with me? :drool:

But ... but ... The Unforgettable Fire!

I take pride in being a stickler for good spelling. And you clearly haven't seen my rants about American "English"! Oh, there have been some amazing arguments. I loathe everything about American "English". Hey, Yanks, way to water down a perfectly good language, you tossers.

OK, GG2, rank U2's albums for me. I'm curious.

My rankings:

1. The Unforgettable Fire (which, for all my U2 hate, is still my favourite album by anybody)
2. Passengers
3. The Joshua Tree
4. Boy
5. October
6. Pop
7. War
8. Zooropa
9. Rattle And Hum
1.000. Achtung Baby
1,001. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
12,141,516. All That You Very Much Can Leave Behind In The Fucking Rubbish Bin

I take pride in being a stickler for good spelling. And you clearly haven't seen my rants about American "English"! Oh, there have been some amazing arguments. I loathe everything about American "English". Hey, Yanks, way to water down a perfectly good language, you tossers.
There are 3 languages as far as I see it. British, American, and Australian. English is what Adam is.

:sexywink: sure, but you can help me then, Ali makes me put mushrooms on it, but I need to bake them first... will you do that for me?
I bought a deep frozen salami pizza, put ham, capsicum, artichoke on it.. :drool:

well I agree with that mostly, the whole ain't shite and such...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom