September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a Muse show on Sunday night?? Where?

Walter Kerr theater in NY. It was free.. Only about 800 people there.. You could only win tickets through radio, or get them through the fan club. They performed their song live for the VMAs and did a full set. It was great I was about 15 feet from the stage!

They are absolutely incredible live!

Stephanie on the Giants Stadium facebook group called Stadium management and got info on the parking situation for GA people.

Just spoke with rep from Meadowlands who said one lot (#16) will be open at 8 AM for GA people. Others will open at 1PM.

Now I just have to decide when to come down from Albany (Wed PM or Th AM) and what hotel to book.

U2 at Giants Stadium Sept 23rd and 24th | Facebook

Greetings fellow fans,

Is there anyone in need of two tickets to the Sept. 23 show ?

two of my friends who were coming from out of state had to bow out due to the date change fiasco.

Here are the details on the tickets:

Section 129
Row 8
Seats 13 & 14
Cost: face value (I paid $98 per ticket)

These are great seats in the lower section.

Ideally, if anyone in the Philadelphia /Central Jersey area wants these tickets, it will be easier to meet up since, there's less than a week to the concert and I don't know if mailing them is advisable at this point

I can be contacted at gpdrowningman@hotmail.com

Regards
Drowning Man

Stephanie on the Giants Stadium facebook group called Stadium management and got info on the parking situation for GA people.

Just spoke with rep from Meadowlands who said one lot (#16) will be open at 8 AM for GA people. Others will open at 1PM.

Now I just have to decide when to come down from Albany (Wed PM or Th AM) and what hotel to book.

Here is a map of all of the parking lots at Giants Stadium: http://www.njsea.com/sharedimages/parking_map.pdf

U2 at Giants Stadium Sept 23rd and 24th | Facebook
Hey, that's me! :) I posted it here earlier too, but should have probably made it huge bold font.

Yes, this map of the parking lots is very helpful. Thank you!!!

I'll probably be heading to the Meadowlands about 4 pm. Check-in at my hotel is 3 pm, then I can hang out, sleep, read, etc., etc. in the car until showtime.

For those of you who don't follow the Ticket Drops thread, all price categories including GA are now available for 9/23. Still only singles available for 9/24.

Have a pair of tix available in section 207 row 6 for 9/23. $120 for the pair.
Can meet up at will call on Wed or could send priorty.

Question:
Me and my friends are landing at JFK at about 2pm on Sunday and at 3pm are the European Championship finals in basketball.
Is there a chance we could watch it somewhere in the city or at the airport?

I got the Meadowlands official email.

Who will I be camping with on the night of the 22nd and the 23rd. Anyone here planning on joining me?

So I'm taking a 9 hour exam on wednesday, won't get out until about 5:30 and will have to fight traffic from greenwich all the way to jersey - awesome!

Parking is only $25.00. I say only because it is cheap compared to the $40.00 at Gillette

I got the Meadowlands official email.

Who will I be camping with on the night of the 22nd and the 23rd. Anyone here planning on joining me?

Overnight camping is pretty much overkill this tour I think...a friend of mine has been to several shows already, including the two in Chicago and says they've come when doors open and walked right into the inner circle every time. Also the stage is very high this time so front rail is not the prize it usually is. Also the NY area shows are usually pretty mellow as far as GA is concerned, the line-up tends to build up quite a bit later than other cities.

Overnight camping is pretty much overkill this tour I think...a friend of mine has been to several shows already, including the two in Chicago and says they've come when doors open and walked right into the inner circle every time. Also the stage is very high this time so front rail is not the prize it usually is. Also the NY area shows are usually pretty mellow as far as GA is concerned, the line-up tends to build up quite a bit later than other cities.

I did the two Chicago shows. If you are happy with simply being in the inner circle, you don't need to camp out. If you want the front row, you do.

8AM start time - NY/NJ knows how to handle this right. Hopefully the weather holds out... :crack:

Looking great for tailgating

Thursday, Sep 24

Day
High: 77°F RealFeel®: 75°F

Spotty showers in the morning; otherwise, partly sunny

View the Hour-by-Hour Forecast

Winds:
NW at 8mph

Wind Gusts:
16 mph

Max UV Index:
Moderate (5)

Thunderstorm Probability:
6%

Amount of Precipitation:
0.01in

Amount of Rain:
0.01in

Amount of Snow:
0.0in

Hours of Precipitation:
2 Hrs

Hours of Rain:
2 Hrs

Hours of Daylight:
12.1 Hrs

Night

Low: 54°F RealFeel®: 54°F

Partly cloudy

View the Hour-by-Hour Forecast

Winds:
NNW at 7mph

Wind Gusts:
13 mph

Min UV Index:
N/A

Thunderstorm Probability:
2%

Amount of Precipitation:
0.00in

Amount of Rain:
0.00in

Amount Snow:
0.0in

Hours of Precipitation:
0 Hrs

Hours of Rain:
0 Hrs

Hours of Dark
11.9 Hrs

nice.

CAL0904, I've been checking the long-range weather forecasts too! Two days ago, the outlook for Thursday was showers, according to Cablevision's forecast. Yesterday, the showers were removed. I was so happy about this, as I do not want to drive to Jersey in rain, let alone attend a rainy concert!!!

can't they just skip the next two shows and go straight to new york?

/17-14'd

-dan

^:no:. I'm going to them.

I'm a bit wary of the driving/parking for Thursday, its a 3 hour drive from here, plus traffic and who knows what the parking's like with a new stadium taking up a good chunk of space, and I can't leave home until the afternoon. Eeessh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom