September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the calendar at work yesterday it said that Yom Kippur is on Monday the 28th. Maybe it starts at sundown on the 27th? I just thought that was weird.

Has anyone ever tailgated at Giants Stadium? What was it like?

On their website, it says that the parking lot opens at 4PM... I can't imagine that's true, it must be opening earlier than that... what do you guys think?

I want to get there early because I'm driving from CT and don't want to get stuck in traffic. So, if I arrive early I won't have to worry about that...

Yes we have tailgated, its fine. You can BBQ, set up folding tables, just be careful that you don't block any traffic or parking.

How are NYC people getting there? I actually only been to one concert at Giants Stadium and I had a ride.

I assume Port Authority still does buses?

But I found this new NJ Transit service. New Jersey Transit

Just curious. Excited.

^Steve, is there a separate lot for tailgaters?

I remember I went to Giants Stadium last year to watch a soccer match (NY Red Bulls) and everyone parked in one lot, including the tailgaters. But now with the construction of the new stadium, and the satellite lots, etc, I don't know how it works anymore.

I don't think so.. I went to the Police show back in 2007 and tailgated from 1 or 2 onward and it looked like every lot was full of people doing the same thing..

I was also on my way home from the Muse show on Sunday night and when I rode by the Stadium every lot looked like it was covered in trash from the tailgaters from the Giants game.

I don't think so.. I went to the Police show back in 2007 and tailgated from 1 or 2 onward and it looked like every lot was full of people doing the same thing..

I was also on my way home from the Muse show on Sunday night and when I rode by the Stadium every lot looked like it was covered in trash from the tailgaters from the Giants game.

so did you kiss matt for me? How was the show??? I wantz details nao..:D

PM me maybe?

How are NYC people getting there? I actually only been to one concert at Giants Stadium and I had a ride.

I assume Port Authority still does buses?

But I found this new NJ Transit service. New Jersey Transit

Just curious. Excited.
Take the train, no doubt. There are buses from Port Atrocity (41st and 8th) but it's midweek and you will be traveling during rush hour so the traffic getting out of the city can be nightmarish. The train for the Giants game this past weekend seemed to be a better way to get there, and that was a Sunday.

Streetsblog New York City ? Football Fans Flock to New Meadowlands Rail Link

Hello everybody!!

Today i'm leaving the end of the world (Santiago, Chile) to see U2 in Boston and NY, and i couldnt be more excited now!! Is there any meeting planned? I haven't looked the previous 50 pages, sorry... If there isn't i'm pretty sure i'll be meeting some of you at the GA line. I'm planning to get there about 3pm and, as you say, should be a good hour to
get a great spot on the field.

See you there!!!
BTW i'll be the guy with the clueless face...

Today i'm leaving the end of the world (Santiago, Chile) to see U2 in Boston and NY, and i couldnt be more excited now!! Is there any meeting planned?

Woo-hoo!! I want to go to the end of the world!

There is a meeting for Interference members planned for Boston. It's on Saturday the 19th, around 7.30pm at the Stoneforge restaurant/bar in Foxboro. Check out the website to get directions, etc. I don't know what your plans are for transportation, but I believe you'll need a car to get there.

9/23 Show Hotels? Car Pooling?

Where are people staying around the the Stadium? Suggestions?
Car pool anyone? Unless someone knows about a hotel running a shuttle. My wife and I are attending. Flying in to Albany from LA that morning and heading down. Would be fun to hang with some fan. We are in Red Zone 2. I also have a pair in 207 Row6 if anyone is looking.

Todd

Where are people staying around the the Stadium? Suggestions?
Car pool anyone? Unless someone knows about a hotel running a shuttle. My wife and I are attending. Flying in to Albany from LA that morning and heading down. Would be fun to hang with some fan. We are in Red Zone 2.
Red Zone sounds fun! I'm heading down from Albany too, but am meeting someone else and will be driving hopefully leaving around 8 AM. I'm going to drive directly to the stadium and queue, may not check in until after the show. I have a reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn in Secaucus (had some reward points to use).

FYI to others: I also talked to a Meadowlands parking rep this morning who said that Lot 16 will be open at 8 AM for GA parking. Other lots open at 1 PM. Great news for those stressing about parking!

Thanks for the train info, clerks!

My only experience getting to Meadowlands from NYC was from the Port Authority Bus and the train option sounds much better!

any kind-hearted people who will be arriving teh night before and staying at a close-by hotel who would let me use their bathroom?

Red Zone sounds fun! I'm heading down from Albany too, but am meeting someone else and will be driving hopefully leaving around 8 AM. I'm going to drive directly to the stadium and queue, may not check in until after the show. I have a reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn in Secaucus (had some reward points to use).

FYI to others: I also talked to a Meadowlands parking rep this morning who said that Lot 16 will be open at 8 AM for GA parking. Other lots open at 1 PM. Great news for those stressing about parking!
Have a great time. I am orig from the Albany area and tried to get some friends to go but no one went for it so it just the two of us. Just finishing my final planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom