September 22 and 23, 2010 - Brussels - Koning Boudewijnstadion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted front outer rail but my gate was the last to be let in and the pit was full and it was about 10 deep on the outer rail. Then they let a few more into the pit so me and my mate ended up in the pit under the bridge on edge`s side. Lots of taller people in front of me which annoyed me esp when the band went along the walkway - no chance of pix as too many heads and hands in the way but good atmosphere. Front outer rail best for photos as no-one in front of you. Need to sort out my camera settings though......before Brussels........:drool:

Yeah we're hoping for outer rail in Brussels 1 as i'm only 5ft :lol:

:hmm:I think the size of the pit varies according to the venue. At Wembley it seemed bigger than Don Valley and its seemed quite small in Paris. we hung towards the back rail but people on the rail and towards the back of the pit - so couldn`t see Larry as Edges amps in the way :angry: Outer rail better as no-one in front of you - but impossible to leave the spot so you need to dehydrate :lol:

Really looking forward to this , particularly after such a brilliant Paris set. Seated for wednesday, standing on thursday and aiming to get into the pit, I really liked it on Saturday where I was under the bridge on Adam's side .

Tuesday night shall be out and about around Brussels, heading for the pochenekelder which is next to the Mannekin Pis, I will probably be the one in the pub wearing the Vertigo Croke Tshirt.

Thursday is my 40th also (U2 gig rather than birthday) :wave:

My friend and I are at The Expo. Should be checking in around 5:15, then back into Brussels for beers. Will head for the pochenekelder unless we get a better idea.

Pam, I tried to add you as a friend via your facebook link but couldn't see an option.

My friend and I are at The Expo. Should be checking in around 5:15, then back into Brussels for beers. Will head for the pochenekelder unless we get a better idea.

Pam, I tried to add you as a friend via your facebook link but couldn't see an option.

I have quite high security settings. My facebook is Pamela jane kellett. Let me have your full name and i`ll add you!

Could you see Larry from your spot? I was at the back of the pit under the bridge on Edges side at Paris but unfortunately Edge`s amps blocked my view.

I couldn't see much of Larry from there, although for me it was good as I could see the band on the walkways and on the outer parts of the stage quite well plus I had room to dance like a loon without being squashed up.

:wave: Added you Paul! Maybe see you tomorrow..........

Are you flying to brussels or eurostar? I`m on the eurostar arriving about 4pm.

We're flying Pam. On the 13:55 Air Brussels flight from Manchester.

Will you have Facebook access in Brussels ? Will send you a message when we arrive if so.

Cheers and have a safe trip !

Breakfast smoothies from GG ! Leaving for Brussels in about an hour, see al of you there

In Brussels now! Our hotel is just in front of one of the que's
but a tree is blocking our windowview of the claw:angry:
they where confuzed At the service when we asked if a chainsaw was included with our room.
:shifty:

Leaving for JFK now. 24 hours from now, bliss.

Just hope they have my ticket at the box office or what ever it is...

I'm on the train waiting to leave St Pancras. Hoping to get into my hotel room early when I get to Brussels. Exploring time then! Not sure what time to get to stadium as I need to collect my redzone ticket. Better steer clear of the Belgian beers before then!! Lol

D

got back from Brussels yesterday evening- am totally knackered today

anyway we were at both shows- one the standard 360 set list under clear skies and a lovely warm September evening. We were behind the Red Zone folk on Adam's side, so a rare chance to see the Claw from a distance and the impact it has. Great show, I guess slightly disappointed that it mirrored the show I saw in Paris, but had a great time anyway- crowd seemed to be into it as well judging by the noise they were making.

the second show was very different- for a start we got caught in the storm that rolled through just before the gates opened, so were very wet by the time we got into the inner Claw, fortunately we were able to shelter under the bridge when it rained again

as for the show, I think the rain added to it- we got Bad and Angel of Harlem, New Years Day , Pride, HMKMTM plus an 80,000 sing along to Singing in the rain- and besides once you're that wet then you may as well have as good a time as possible- and the band seemed more energised as well- and they got as wet as we did.

Crazy Tonight seemed more crazy than ever where we were, there was thunder rolling around during the intro to Streets, Bad was amazing, the first half of the show had the GC hopping up and down, the entire stadium singing to ISFWILF- it was just a great night out in the rain

one more show to go for me in Rome in a couple of weeks, that will be the end of my 360 tour (unless they return to Europe next year)- and what a tour it's been- have never once come out of a show and gone "meh"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom