September 16, 17, Rogers Centre, Toronto Canada - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
have fun everybody :wave:

i so wish i was there tonight...chicago kicked my ass, my cold started on the flight home...felt like two subways sandwiched me

kaf - saw your running form in the US EPK...very smooth

-dan

Bonoishot,

Say hi to my Australian friend Sarah...she's about number 20 in line...so sweet she'll be in Boston too at our meetup there. You're coming with Emily, right?

Have fun tonight.

Got GA's for tomorrow....what time should i be there to get in the circle (or whatever it is this tour?!?!?)??? Help me out today GA fans!!!!:wave:

Congrats on getting the ticket...I'm planning to be there 6 or 7-ish in the a.m. Can't wait to meet everyone, will have some sort of Interference sign.

Congrats on getting the ticket...I'm planning to be there 6 or 7-ish in the a.m. Can't wait to meet everyone, will have some sort of Interference sign.

Thanks!!! i was thinking sometime similar. i guess itll be whenever i get my lazy butt out of bed. I'm going tonight too but i have seats this time.

See everyone tonight (and tomorrow!) Can't freakin wait!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

the roof is now open to let the claw take off...can almost see in from my office tower....

anyone figure out what the fan club stuff for $10 bucks is about or any theories?

Can't wait to hear what happens later this afternoon, if they split the line, if there is chaos, etc. So there is only one GA line at Gate 15?

Just got a number and then ran up to the hotel room for our stuff, on our way back down now. We're numbers 87 - 90. Before we left to come up to the room a few more showed up. So, it'll easily be over 100 soon.

So, I'm off to sleep on the pavement in the cold. We tried to find another bar, but this lameass city rolls up the sidewalks at 1 am on weeknight. :rolleyes: :wink:

Oh shit, the important thing!! The Overdraught is NOT accepting reservations for Thursday night. We also checked at Fionn MacCool's, the guy said reservations might be tricky, but gave me the number to call his manager tomorrow. Stay tuned.

2am and already 100 people? :ohmy:

And the dome is open? Awesome. :hyper:

where is the line at gate 1or 15 or both

just 15...last night a guy in a leafs jersey said he spoke with some senior security dude and noted it would just be gate 15....i wonder what they plan to do once they actually open the doors at 5...keep gate 1 doors closed? perhaps they will let gate 15 people in early and then open gate 1 once all who have been in that line are in...i am sure someone knows.

did i say citytv WAS DEAD Wrong about the roof...jerks...given the questions they asked this morning, they are more worried about the film festival...

Yet the information was so insistent that you were to go to the gate of your ticket? Why the change of heart?

Imagine if both gates open at the same time, but people are only lined up at one...:yikes:

i asked said maple leaf jersey holder that exact question....perhaps security rules the roost....not the marketing jockeys...or that this is the narrow exception?

Regarding the gates. They will open gate 15 at 5pm and those people will enter. Once they're in, both gates will open. GA capacity is 12,500. They'l need both gates for eveyone who arrives between 5:30-8

Just spoke with Rogers PR. They will now open gate 15 at 4:30. Both gates will open at 5:00.

Yes, you will absolutely need a jacket. It will be 12 degrees by 10 p.m. and with the wind off the lake, it will feel MUCH colder. Been there, done that, froze my butt off.

CITY Tv hehe lets bombard them with emails.

By the way how cold is it do i need a jacket??
in the pit..probably not...the air will cool you down....outside by the sound board...i would...or in red zone, i would...a fleece is probably good enough...i had a t shirt on last night as i was canned over by the line shooting the shit...was not bad, but "I WAS" canned....

Just spoke with Rogers PR. They will now open gate 15 at 4:30. Both gates will open at 5:00.

Yes, you will absolutely need a jacket. It will be 12 degrees by 10 p.m. and with the wind off the lake, it will feel MUCH colder. Been there, done that, froze my butt off.

the early open was the only way i thought it would be fair...looks like Rogers has its act together...

GA Number

Hello.
Yes this is my first post. This forum has given me so much great information about the GA experience and I have one more question.
I have seats for tonight.
I have GA for tomorrow night.
I am a GA virgin. What do I do when I arrive at my gate? Head to the front of the line and get a number?

Please help a GA virgin! Many Thanks! :bow:

Hello.
Yes this is my first post. This forum has given me so much great information about the GA experience and I have one more question.
I am a GA virgin. What do I do when I arrive at my gate? Head to the front of the line and get a number?

looks like if you get there around now tomorrow you should get into the pit....there is not 2500 people now...no idea about the numbers but it sounds like they are not giving any more for now...

Hello.

Welcome! Get in line and chat up your neighbors, they will tell you what to do. Oh, and HAVE FUN!!!

Can somebody please help out a fellow fan? Who's got an extra GA ticket for tonight at face value or less in price. I really wanna attend tonight's show as well. Especially because of what I specifically found out today:

Alan Cross' twitter says the dome is set to be open for the U2 shows, only the 2nd time in Rogers Centre history the dome will be open for a concert. Seriously, who can tell me what was the first concert to ever have the roof off? Since we now know U2 will only be the second time ever.

Springsteen in 2003 - I was there. A lot better sound than a closed roof

Can somebody please help out a fellow fan? Who's got an extra GA ticket for tonight at face value or less in price. I really wanna attend tonight's show as well. Especially because of what I specifically found out today:

Alan Cross' twitter says the dome is set to be open for the U2 shows, only the 2nd time in Rogers Centre history the dome will be open for a concert. Seriously, who can tell me what was the first concert to ever have the roof off? Since we now know U2 will only be the second time ever.

Sringsteen, 2003. I was there. It was a full moon night and the boss howled at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom