September 16, 17, Rogers Centre, Toronto Canada - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I came at 6:30 pm and got into the pit, no problem. Two of my friends made it in around 7, and also got in the pit.

Not really sure why people are lining up so early unless you are desperate for the front row which isn't as good as on past tours because the stage is very elevated and the band is not as close (ie. you won't get to touch Bono this time).

Great show!

Amazing! Seems like all you need to do is show up before the show start time on the ticket and you can get into the pit. I thought there would be thousands of people lining up each day to get into the pit, but it appears, that is only a 300 or 400, basically the same number who would line up for an arena show. But with the 360 pit able to fit 2,700 people as opposed to the Elevation/Vertigo pits that only fit 300 getting in the pit appears to be no problem. No wonder they didn't use a lottery system for getting in this time.

Why line up? Good point, since you can come late and get inthe pit. But for me, being from out of town, it's also cheaper to sleep out than pay for a hotel! Plus, it's fun. (Although after 5 more shows I'm sure my back will be saying something different)

Perhaps the theory about all the suits having a lot of GAs and thus impacting the no. of people in line holds because as of 10am this morning there were 400 people in line! I don't think it got to that until 3pm yesterday...

I'm still not showing up until 3-4pm though.

It still doest matter, there must have been about 700 to a 1000 by the time i got in line at 5 pm and i still got in. remeber some people wat to be outside on the rail so im not goign to strees on getting there early, go early if you want to meet fellow inteferers. Ill be there by about 2

Perhaps the theory about all the suits having a lot of GAs and thus impacting the no. of people in line holds because as of 10am this morning there were 400 people in line! I don't think it got to that until 3pm yesterday...

I'm still not showing up until 3-4pm though.

hmmmm, thats strange. You would think the first show would have more people in line earlier than the second. Lets know how many people are in line at 4 pm.

after chicago, i have two thoughts about the GA lines and the circle:

1. there are many people who wait in line and don't claim their spot...they get their beer, look at the merchandise, and hang out on the concourse.

2. there are also a ton of people who wait in line and by the time they get onto the floor, they see people outside the rail so they probably think the circle is full

as we've seen through the first three US/canada shows, you can stroll in well after the gates have opened and still get inside

-dan

Met everyone from here it seems. Camped out all night - and yes, elfa, I do get laid! :lol: Partied. Great show! Am not lining up again today, have a different plan of action. The show was great. I was in the first row of the inner pit maybe 3 people to the left of Bono (Edge's side) and I was not dead, au contraire.

Mark got on City and I got on CBC. Went down to the Hideout after to finish a great birthday off with singing Stay and In God's Country with Brady from Elevation. He did other stuff too not just U2, he was very energetic entertaining and a great time :up:

The Overdraught sucks. The company I had there ie Mia, Julie, Kaffy, Bmac - great people. But the place sucks now, imo. No food after 11? You're off the tour. :lol: I think everyone now knows that I have an eating disorder: I NEED TO EAT ALL THE TIME. ;)

Let's find somewhere else for tonight. I'm posting from Tony's room at the Dome hotel. Don't tell him. :lol:

Just confirmed with two co-workers that they got into the pit yesterday as late as 2 songs into Snow Patrol's opening act.

weather forecast:

sunny high of 22, staying clear tonight, low of 12.

it felt like there was a heater in the stadium, as i often felt a warm breeze over the GA area.

she'll be open again for sure.

i saw a bunch of RIM employee cars all in a row at Simcoe Building last night. How'd I know? Where do you see 6 M3's in a row with BMW Waterloo plates on them?

snobs

can GA with gate 1 enter at Gate 8 with RZ people....i know you go down to the floor GA's go via 113....just wondering...

Night 2 update: we left the lineup and didn't get back til later, so we went from the 70s to the 400s. We still managed to score a sweeeet front rail spot outside the inner-circle, Adam's side. Perfect, unobstructed view and ramp right in front of us. //update.

Night 2 update: we left the lineup and didn't get back til later, so we went from the 70s to the 400s. We still managed to score a sweeeet front rail spot outside the inner-circle, Adam's side. Perfect, unobstructed view and ramp right in front of us. //update.

Should be a great view of the whole extravaganza from there. Enjoy!

Thanks Interference!!!

Thanks to all the people here who mentioned that they got into the inner circle on the later side ... got there just after 6 pm last night and got a spot on the rail inside the circle on Adam's side!!!!

Thanks to all the people here who mentioned that they got into the inner circle on the later side ... got there just after 6 pm last night and got a spot on the rail inside the circle on Adam's side!!!!

Thanks for the update! That makes it four shows in a row that people have been able to get into the inner circle after arriving at 6:00 PM or later.

I wonder if it would be more competitive to get in to the inner circle for a city that is just getting one show like Washington DC. Chicago, Toronto, Boston, and New York City all have two shows which may spread out the die hard line up people between the two shows, as some may only go to one of the shows or have seats for one night and GA for the next night.

I'm thinking though, that there will probably not be much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom