September 16, 17, Rogers Centre, Toronto Canada - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I'm 4 years older than I was last tour, lol. I should borrow Reg's walker.

That's almost half a decade! You're ancient now! :ohmy:

Ah, that explains it, thanks for the info. :up:

Eta - just checked KW Kijiji. In the past few hours, there have been several pairs of both GAs and seats listed. Fuckers. :angry:

Heh, we could collectively gather interland to send them so many offers their heads will spin....

Anyone planning to set up an off-site GA line up? I don't want to line up at the Gate to have have a mob of U2 fans come up and tell me I have to move back becaue they made a line off-site somewher else.... lol

Seriously though it sounds like people are actually going to sleep and not camp out on Tuesday night. That would be AWESOME!

I wouldn't be surprised if an off site line did form, the only problem with an off site line is that I hope people don't expect to move up to the front of the line if others manage to line up at the gate.

I think it would make sense to start lines right across from the GA gates, so that people who want to join the line can do so easily. :D

Anyone know how many people can fit against the front outer rail? That was my fave on the last 2 tours and now with even more distance between the very front row and the stage, it'll probably remain so.

I'm hoping if I arrive btwn 10am-noon, I'll be able to snatch one of those spots.

I don't want to line up at the Gate to have have a mob of U2 fans come up and tell me I have to move back becaue they made a line off-site somewher else

Meh, I wouldnt budge if that happened. If they really wanted to be first, they wouldve moved their line the second the gate was available

Anyone know how many people can fit against the front outer rail? That was my fave on the last 2 tours and now with even more distance between the very front row and the stage, it'll probably remain so.

I'm hoping if I arrive btwn 10am-noon, I'll be able to snatch one of those spots.

Me too! (that is if I can get the 3 not so big fans with me to get out the door that early!). I'm hoping that because the number has increased to the first 400, my chances of going at the same time as I did in '01 (when it was 250? maybe 300) and I was 149 in line (and I still have my paper stub too lmao!) that I will get lucky again.

Any way Spinning, look for a girl wearing a green ATYCLB symbols T shirt, near by in line, it might be me! lol

Btw where were you standing in 01 and which night were you there?

given i have seen people at 8am on Yonge in front of garden theatre to get seats for some stupid movie today and yesterday, leads me to conclude people are camping out for both shows...hopefully, a good chunk of the 10K GA for TO1 are RIM douches...then you can be sure they will all settle around the back

i just got my tix from Sunrise Records, saved me from losing them :)

my tix say to enter Gate 15, anyone have GA tix that say to enter Gate 1?

From what i remember, Gate 15 is right by the hotel, and you must decend down to floor area via a big ramp. maybe they will allow us to enter the indoor ramp?

Umm...it's four days. 96 hours. And counting.

And then we're back with the band playing our favorite songs and, of course, some brilliant material from their most recent LP.

IS ANYONE ELSE FUCKING STOKED, OR WHAT!?!!?![/COLOR]

So the first 400 are allowed in the pit??

No, it holds something like 2,200 or 2,500.

ok, maybe I was going mostly by rumour, at least after I heard the lotto system was scraped. But if Vintage was closer to the truth then why are we sitting here debating about what time to get in line? if the 'pit' held that many people what's the point of showing up before noon?

unless, perhaps, you are talking about GA in general, and not the pit...

There was a diagram floating around of Rogers Centre, and it showed how many people are allowed in each section. If I remember correctly, I think the GA field was around 12,000-ish and another 2,000 - 2,500 in the pit. The picture was posted on here back around the time when the tour was announced, or when the tickets went on sale, or something. I'm pretty sure those numbers are close to what the diagram showed, and if I'm wrong, maybe someone can correct me, or find the picture?

I'm also fairly sure that there were around 400 people allowed into the ellipse on the Vertigo tour.

I think the reason people are still vying for early spots in the GA line despite so many spots available in the pit is because it seems that they're packing people into the pit like sardines in some venues this tour, so everyone wants to get good spots near the front, as opposed to being squished in the middle of the crowd.

Thanks! I looked for it a few months ago, and it took me nearly an hour to find it. I don't know why I didn't save it then.

eta - oh, I did save it. I'll upload and post in a sec. But this one still doesn't have detailed numbers for the pit, the one I was originally thinking of does. Maybe it was for another venue?

Okay, yeah, that's the one I just found that I did save. But I'm sure there was another one out there that had the numbers inside the pit, too. I bet it was for another venue, and I just assumed that they'd be close to the same at most venues in North America. I can't see one city having incredibly strict fire code numbers, and others having lax ones, and allowing more in.

did you guys catch that comment I made about knowing the pilot flying the Jetz charter air for U2 from Chicago to Toronto? He is there on Sunday to pick the lads up and take them to Toronto.

Only reason I would line up early is because it is uncertain how early people are lining up lol I would much rather get a good nights sleep in my hotel room, but I don't want to loose out on a decent spot, so alas early line up.

he is actually doing a line-check for a pilot, meaning he has higher ranking and spot checking the other pilot for the flight from Chicago to Toronto. Supposedly there are different pilots for sections of the tour. He gave me good details on luxury flying though. He said he would say hi to the band for me, haha.

Yeah, I saw that, how cool! So they don't have just one pilot for the entire leg?

I think they would normally have the same crew for the N.A. leg (my friend applied for Jetz but backed out when she discovered she was pregnant) but because of the issues outlined below, I think U2 might have to scramble to find a new charter airline to take them around N.A. (Jetz was the sole charter used on the last N. American tour, possibly 2 tours so I'm assuming that was the case until a couple weeks ago):

Air Canada fighting U.S. move to bar its sports charter flights

I'm headed to Toronto for both shows -- flying solo and looking for anyone who may have room on a hotel room floor for me to crash, and also looking for some folks just to hang out with -- been a while since I did shows solo.... Coming in from Vermont sometime early Wed. morning. Any advice on a good place to park near the venue?

Cheers,
Colleen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom