San Jose #1 Setlist Party :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a blank space between the first encore song and Streets, but there's already 24 songs in the set. :hmm:

Woah. I didn't realize that there was a show tonight. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the one thing about tonight's setlist is it makes friday look promising

U2 is the biggest band in the world... no opening act, they have to extend the show to 2h30m

First show was 2h15m, second 2h8m.... not counting breaks and speechifying, they could do more and play 25-27... IMHO :crack:

Got to get some more new songs in rotation, throw in some rare tracks and finish strong, also this far in career, they could do at least 1 track from each album

Would like to see an encore of Streets / Bad / All I Want Is You / "40''
"

Checking the timezone converter - San Jose is exactly in the same time zone as Vancover meaning that the concert should be starting in just over an hour?

There's a blank space between the first encore song and Streets, but there's already 24 songs in the set. :hmm:

Yeah, that was a bit weird.

Also so is:

Bullet/Pride/BD/Troubles. Why the hell not just Bullet into Troubles like they rehearsed?!

And yeah, where the fuck is California?

Checking the timezone converter - San Jose is exactly in the same time zone as Vancover meaning that the concert should be starting in just over an hour?

yes.

2:15 tomorrow afternoon over there? i do miss being in the future. i think about it all the time.

No opening band is a good thing. U2 playing 24 songs or under is not such a good thing. Seems they could do a few more?

I am not asking for a 4 hour Bruce Springsteen-ish show. But add another 3-5 songs is not much to ask?

yes.

2:15 tomorrow afternoon over there? i do miss being in the future. i think about it all the time.

Yes quite a reasonable time to be attending the set list party....only trouble is most of you guys on here will be going to a concert and have something to look forward to whereas down in NZ we have to wait and hope that when they do come down here they will be able to reproduce their stage and screen configuration for stadiums.

Ok....um....this IS the 3rd show of the tour right? Maybe wait for the bitching until they've played a handful of shows? :reject::reject::reject:

No opening band is a good thing. U2 playing 24 songs or under is not such a good thing. Seems they could do a few more?

I am not asking for a 4 hour Bruce Springsteen-ish show. But add another 3-5 songs is not much to ask?

These 24 song lists are probably mostly due to B's ongoing recovery. Hoping as the tour progresses that they'll stretch to 26 or so. :pray:

Yeah, that was a bit weird.

Also so is:

Bullet/Pride/BD/Troubles. Why the hell not just Bullet into Troubles like they rehearsed?!

And yeah, where the fuck is California?

They're obviously big fans of the Bullet / Hands That Built / Pride segue and its apparently-deep 'message' about America. Which is ridiculous because it's not particularly good and the message isn't coherently done. But I can see it lasting for some time and unfortunately anchoring Pride in the show even though it should be prime candidate for rotation.

CFVP5zCUEAIoxHg.jpg

https://twitter.com/u2kiwi/status/600473982236786688/photo/1

Looked at it because I'm going to bed shortly. Following this band across the continent is fun, but after last night's misadventures at MSP airport it's a good thing nothing important was happening on the grade today. Yech.

Weird spot for Troubles. It should be after Wolves in this iteration. Use a paint-peeling solo by Edge as the segway into UTEOTW.

And I'm not a fan of that Bullet-Hands-Pride sequence either. As I said last week, Bono is talking out of both sides of his mouth during this Bullet rant. Throw a doubled-down police-abuse-themed Bullet in after Wolves and see how many people aren't uncomfortable with it.

U2 have never really done loooong concerts. Seems like just over 2 hours is a lot for them.

I'm still hoping they come back and tour in the south next year. AND I hope they continue not to have an opening act because I usually don't enjoy who tours with them.

Bad/Streets/AIWIY/40.

Fixed that for you.

Also, NO SPEECH between Bad and Streets. Sorry, Bono, but that's nearly a criminal act. :doh:

I'm OK with that too :sexywink:

But why no love for Gloria, Stay, Magnificent, Discotheque... so many songs / tracks that could be thrown in the mix, and I would like to see California especially in California... but also This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now and maybe The Crystal Ballroom, this tour is screaming for Two Hearts Beat As One and Electric Co.

Cut down on the chit chat, just do a proper 2h30m, 26 song setlist... why some albums get no love, not understanding. :doh:

Isn't this a tour based on fans now ??

:huh:

U2 should have for themselves one mystery slot. Where a couple days out they pull the mystery ball/song out of the hopper

il_570xN.89987861.jpg

Each member of the band can veto once. Ax (much like w did with the random setlists a while back) I'll pull my randomizer out against the U2 catalog and the board can veto or keep. First song drawn

U2 have never really done loooong concerts. Seems like just over 2 hours is a lot for them.

I'm still hoping they come back and tour in the south next year. AND I hope they continue not to have an opening act because I usually don't enjoy who tours with them.

No they have not done many long concerts. Most have been 2:15 to 2:23.

My comment was more in the vein of: If you are going to NOT have an opening act, it is the perfect opportunity to play a bit more - dig a bit deeper into the catalog.

So if some see that as some horrible complaint... so be it. It's merely an observation.

So if some see that as some horrible complaint... so be it. It's merely an observation.

Nah. I just came to the realization over the weekend that I'm not very interested in setlist dissection anymore. :)

I must just be bored tonight if I'm still here. :lol:

With no opening act it would be nice if they played longer, that I do agree!

It is funny to me that U2 always seem to be very rigid in their structure with concerts. I'm guessing it has to do with production and following a certain schedule they go with. Sometimes surprises would be nice. Having said that it always feels like a privilege to see them live. I have 13 times and treasure each time I have seen them. They are by far the best live act I have seen. :)

Back
Top Bottom