Saddam - executed !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin, I am continuely shocked by your cold, callous statements involving the death of people. You freak me out.

CTU2fan its not a matter of feeling "sorry" for Saddam, i don't feel sorry for him, he was a dispicable man, but does that mean he deserves to die? No. I am against the death penalty in ALL CASES.

But I also respect other countries laws, and seeing this is what happens under the law, so be it. I don't agree with it, but i also don't agree with going into someelse country and telling them what to do.

OH well, we'll see what consequences happen with this, I hope nothing will come of it, the last thing is to see more innocent civilians suffer.

So now that Saddam is meeting that radical hippee in heaven...what do you think the conversation is going to sound like?

Talk bout coincidence .....

Here I was watchign GodFather 3 , then comes a Breaking News in the middle of the film .... Like I didn't know ........

Saddam is dead

Though there isn't really a choking in GF 3 right ?

It happened so quickly... and you notice how they conveniently killed him before the holiday of Eid, and way faster than the week/month that they said they were going to kill him in... wow.

This whole thing makes me sick.

I wonder now how's the talk between the Bushes :

Son : I made it dad , I did it , I got the Moterfucka killed
Father : Good Job My Son , U just had the pleasure of doing somethin I wanted for so long ....

sue4u2 said:
With everything I know about him, why do I feel so sad?

i can understand your conflicted feelings. :hug: maybe it is because he was still a human being. just like the people he killed.

i don't want to start another :banghead: death penalty discussion...but...well...

Last edited:
sue4u2 said:

Because u're a human being , better than him , and I think U believe in God ...

"You Shall not kill "

Plus it's real life , as much as u wish some Motherfuckers got killed , to actually happen it's sickenin

Yeah, that's what I'm feeling. The human being aspect of it - separated from the heinous crimes he commited.
I still feel compassion for him, and I don't ever want to loose that less I become like him, and many others.

Look at foxnews.com's frontpage. Their graphical 'Hanged!' banner is bigger, bolder, and in worse taste than that of cnn.com, abcnews.com, msnbc.com, and cbsnews.com.

Fox News is disgusting.

namkcuR said:
Look at foxnews.com's frontpage. Their graphical 'Hanged!' banner is bigger, bolder, and in worse taste than that of cnn.com, abcnews.com, msnbc.com, and cbsnews.com.

Fox News is disgusting.

Faux News is run by a pack of cretins.

but CNN has pics and stills. :|
and before they air they will be viewed by the highest people at CNN. so they can warn us if the are too graphic, when they come in.
Everyone scrambling to get the most dramatic pic/still allowed on TV.
Madness. not watching any longer.

J_NP said:
I wonder now how's the talk between the Bushes :

Son : I made it dad , I did it , I got the Moterfucka killed
Father : Good Job My Son , U just had the pleasure of doing somethin I wanted for so long ....

The father never wanted this war.

What did this man turn out to be this man?

It is sad because I think the nature vs nurture comes into play here.

:(

Oh, this just in: In his written statement, Bush said that Saddam's execution "will not end the violence in Iraq".

How do you say...NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

Do me a favor Mr. President; don't talk about 'the violence in Iraq' as though it's a reality external to your own actions that you bare no responsibility in creating.

Although I don't support the sentence at all, and feel the trial was merely a show trial (the appeals court ordered the death within a month - so let's do it the VERY NEXT DAY :tsk: ), I must admit that the world does seem a little better without Saddam Hussein in it.

While I don't celebrate his death, I don't mourn for his life.

The absolute barbarity of some of the posts in this thread absolutely disgusts me, and really is starting to make me want to put a few people on my ignore list... :|

ETA: This hanging was illegal. It is Eid in Iraq as of midnight (Iraq time) yesterday, and it is also illegal by Iraqi law for someone to be executed on an Islamic holiday. Saddam was killed at just before 6 am on the first day of Eid - just goes to show how bloodthirsty GWB actually is.

I wonder how likely it is that an American President can be brought up on war crimes trials? Lord knows Dubya deserves it.

Last edited:
sue4u2 said:

For me it's because you can see the fear and defeat on his face. It's no longer about what he did, whether or not he got the trial any individual deserves, but just one man scared to die.

He was a despicable leader, I don't think that even needs to be said, but I feel like all this media hype makes this really no different than a mob at the center of town shouting to hang the witch.

I'm not going to excuse him or try to justify anything because I do think he was a sorry excuse for a human being, but he was a human being just the same. How do I know I wouldn't have turned out the same in his situation? And there's something about hanging especially that makes me feel sick.

Can't wait to see footage of this on YouTube...

Not. I just know it's going to show up on there anyway. :|

DaveC said:
ETA: This hanging was illegal. It is Eid in Iraq as of midnight (Iraq time) yesterday, and it is also illegal by Iraqi law for someone to be executed on an Islamic holiday. Saddam was killed at just before 6 am on the first day of Eid - just goes to show how bloodthirsty GWB actually is.

Oh, well that's just typical. :|

Are those in favour of "eye for an eye" barbarian punishments such as hanging now going to demand those who broke this law also be hung on a holiday as equal retribution? Or, as I suspect, is this desire to hang Saddam just irrational bloodlust?

Axver said:

Oh, well that's just typical. :|

Are those in favour of "eye for an eye" barbarian punishments such as hanging now going to demand those who broke this law also be hung on a holiday as equal retribution? Or, as I suspect, is this desire to hang Saddam just irrational bloodlust?

Saddams execution was not murder, it was just.

dazzlingamy said:
Justin, I am continuely shocked by your cold, callous statements involving the death of people. You freak me out.

CTU2fan its not a matter of feeling "sorry" for Saddam, i don't feel sorry for him, he was a dispicable man, but does that mean he deserves to die? No. I am against the death penalty in ALL CASES.

But I also respect other countries laws, and seeing this is what happens under the law, so be it. I don't agree with it, but i also don't agree with going into someelse country and telling them what to do.

OH well, we'll see what consequences happen with this, I hope nothing will come of it, the last thing is to see more innocent civilians suffer.

Well I am sorry you feel that way. But If your a religious person, then God gave us a right to seek punishment towards individuals as I see.

Plus this is how I feel, that execution is a correct form of punishment for murderers. I am (as of right now) not going about calling anyone tree huggers. If you feel it is wrong then in your eyes your right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom