Rose Bowl Show to be filmed for DVD + Webcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so u2 realeased a dvd but somehow it's not listed in their official discography?

Well my freind who lives in Brazil spoke about it, and there are clips on youtube which clearly show the concert.

YouTube - U2 - City of Blinding Lights - Brazil 2006

My only guess would be he has some home-made dvd or he just recorded the broadcast or something. We were just speaking about different bands, we got talking about u2 and he said he had a dvd of there concert in Sao Paulo

So, we're complaining about the sound of a bootleg as some kind of indication that an official DVD will sound bad? Oh boy...

I didnt realise the audio in them clips from the show were bootlegs, so just forget it.

Well my freind who lives in Brazil spoke about it, and there are clips on youtube which clearly show the concert.

YouTube - U2 - City of Blinding Lights - Brazil 2006

My only guess would be he has some home-made dvd or he just recorded the broadcast or something. We were just speaking about different bands, we got talking about u2 and he said he had a dvd of there concert in Sao Paulo

Yeah, that's the Sao Paulo broadcast bootleg. U23D was filmed over the span of eight different concerts, including the two in Sao Paulo. But one of the Sao Paulo shows went out to TV, and it's the one you posted a clip from. I have the DVD, too, although I always found the sound quality on it to be downright abhorrent for a soundboard recording. :shrug:

Is this the thread where I can complain about the audience and performance from the Rose Bowl??

SHEFFIELD WAS BETTER!! by far

Is this the thread where I can complain about the audience and performance from the Rose Bowl??

SHEFFIELD WAS BETTER!! by far

i haven't seen video of Sheffield, so i can only compare audio. i will say that the audio we have from Sheffield is better than the Rose Bowl.

During which song does Larry's drumkit rotate ? I saw the bridges moving on the broadcast on Youtube, but not the drumkit...

During which song does Larry's drumkit rotate ? I saw the bridges moving on the broadcast on Youtube, but not the drumkit...

I don't think they rotated him at the Rose Bowl, which I thought was odd, because I remember seeing it in Vegas. But I was standing pretty close to Larry in the RZ, and I think I would have remembered if they did that. (I think so anayways - then again, maybe I could have been distracted by Bono walking by or singing to us :drool:)

NO! you need to go to the thread around the corner, over the hill, under the bridge, across the way, pass the big oak tree.

That's funny, those were the exact same instructions we were given on the day of Dublin II to find the mobile ticket office :lol:

Just watching the whole broadcast now. Lots of cool moments that I didn't see or had forgotten being there. My heart still races when I hear 'Kingdom' and the drum intro for Breathe.

Just watching the whole broadcast now. Lots of cool moments that I didn't see or had forgotten being there. My heart still races when I hear 'Kingdom' and the drum intro for Breathe.

I kept getting pre-show chills whenever I saw the "Where the Wild Things Are" commercial a few weeks ago. It used Arcade Fire, which immediately preceded the band's arrival on the Vertigo tour.

I kept getting pre-show chills whenever I saw the "Where the Wild Things Are" commercial a few weeks ago. It used Arcade Fire, which immediately preceded the band's arrival on the Vertigo tour.

I got Space Odditie on my ipod. I got chills when it played on shuffle. That song's very special to me now.

Do you guys think that this will be released in Blue Ray? My other question is... what happens to the Claw now? Where will it be stored?

Do you guys think that this will be released in Blue Ray? My other question is... what happens to the Claw now? Where will it be stored?

Well with Blu-ray having won the HD format war against HDDVD, and Blu-ray discs now becoming mainstream for box office releases, I would think they would get with the program and release on Blu-ray disc this time around. Other music groups have released concert blu-ray discs...including Foo Fighters, Incubus, and even Justin Timberlake (not a fan..but saw the disc on the rack). I'm hoping for a Blu-ray release as well. :up:

Back
Top Bottom