Right now I cant get enough of.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlit_Angel said:

:up:. No problem-hope you like what you hear

Thanks again !! :)
Since they're a band from the 70's and 80's ... I'm sure I'll like them !! :wink:

I've been looking for The Outfield on CD and because that group was more of a "one-hit wonder" type of band, I haven't been able to find them at all now ... :tsk:

My cassette of that group just broke earlier this week ...
how depressing ... :sad:

MsMofoGone said:
Thanks again !! :)
Since they're a band from the 70's and 80's ... I'm sure I'll like them !! :wink:

I really think you will. Their 70s stuff is a bit more progressive-rock type, while their 80s stuff is more new wave, poppish. And I know you listen to that kind of stuff, so...:). Do enjoy discovering a good band.

Originally posted by MsMofoGone
I've been looking for The Outfield on CD and because that group was more of a "one-hit wonder" type of band, I haven't been able to find them at all now ... :tsk:

My cassette of that group just broke earlier this week ...
how depressing ... :sad:

Aw :( :hug:. That's a shame. I hate it when that happens.

I would suggest checking online, like on Amazon or something, I bet you could find something there :).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Aw :( :hug:. That's a shame. I hate it when that happens.

I would suggest checking online, like on Amazon or something, I bet you could find something there :)

Already tried it with no such luck ... :tsk:
I'm rather surprised too, since they usually have everything in the world you could think of ... :wink:
They didn't even have anything on Dexy's Midnight Runners ... another "one hit wonder" ... I guess 'Come On Eileen' will be another song I won't be able to find again now either !! :sad:

MsMofoGone said:
Already tried it with no such luck ... :tsk:
I'm rather surprised too, since they usually have everything in the world you could think of ... :wink:
They didn't even have anything on Dexy's Midnight Runners ... another "one hit wonder" ... I guess 'Come On Eileen' will be another song I won't be able to find again now either !! :sad:

Oh, really? Hmm. That's odd.

Perhaps you could look around for some 80s compilation CDs? You're bound to find "Come On Eileen" on some of those, and I bet if you find the right one, the Outfield would be on there, too.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Perhaps you could look around for some 80s compilation CDs? You're bound to find "Come On Eileen" on some of those, and I bet if you find the right one, the Outfield would be on there, too.

Yeah, that's a possibility !! :up:
But as for The Outfield I'm trying to get one of their past albums on CD ... this will obviously "take a miracle" to find now !! :tsk:
I'm been searching already since last Monday ( 1 week ago ) without any luck anywhere ... :sad:
Again, I might have to just get used to not being able to hear them anymore ... :shrug:
If so, that's an utter shame ... :(

MsMofoGone said:
Yeah, that's a possibility !! :up:

Indeed :).

But as for The Outfield I'm trying to get one of their past albums on CD ... this will obviously "take a miracle" to find now !! :tsk:
I'm been searching already since last Monday ( 1 week ago ) without any luck anywhere ... :sad:
Again, I might have to just get used to not being able to hear them anymore ... :shrug:
If so, that's an utter shame ... :(

Aw :(. Do you have any used CD stores nearby or something? Might be able to find something there. Or maybe on Ebay or something-someone might be selling their copies.

Stuff like that. I hope you do find everything you're looking for :).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

I hope you do find everything you're looking for :)

You have 'perked up' my spirits and hopes in finding this group's album and not giving up or quitting on further attempts ... :wink:

MsMofoGone said:

Their greatest hits CD is probably the easiest to find, and it pretty much has every major hit that they had. It's called "Big Innings: The Best Of The Outfield" - good disc.

neutral said:

I don't know if this helps but I see a few of their albums on iTunes.

That's surprising ... since the last time I checked (about a week or so ago) I couldn't find anything !! :scratch:
I guess I'll try again now ... maybe this group has just started to
re-appear again or some material of theirs was finally made available !! :shrug:
I appreciate your trying to help, Thanks, much !! :wink:

phanan said:

Their greatest hits CD is probably the easiest to find, and it pretty much has every major hit that they had. It's called "Big Innings: The Best Of The Outfield" - good disc.

I was looking for one of their albums in general, as I really wanted
the songs on the whole entire album ... NOT just the hits !! :wink:
Their Best Of CD has "Say It Isn't So" ,"Your Love", "Everytime You Cry" , and "All The Love" ... :up: ... but it does NOT have "Talk To Me" or "Taking My Chances" which are two of their songs that I'm trying to find !!
All of this music is from the album 'Play Deep' that is what I'm really searching for !! :drool:

Back on track...

Wilderness

I'm obsessed with virtually everything about this band/album. The guitar, the vocal delivery, the way the instruments and vocals interact with each other, the obscure lyrics and repeating phrases, everything.

Brilliant thread, nice resurrection Mofo.....

Right now, I cant get enough of.....

Wilco (shocking)
Sufjan Stevens
The Decemberists

Moonlit_Angel said:

You're absolutely right !! :hug:
I found Come On Eileen on an 80's Compilation CD that I saw while shopping at Target with my mom earlier today ... :applaud:
I can't believe it, Target of all places !! :yikes:
Well, I'm NOT a Target shopper, my mom likes the store though,
I may have to start shopping for past decades of compilations there from now on.
I'm rather surprised at Wal-Mart though, because I didn't see any past decades of compilations there ... What a shock !! :ohmy:
And of course, still no compilations or CDs on The Outfield ... :tsk: :sad:

Red Sparowes
Pelican
Do Make Say Think
Sigur Ros
Explosions in the Sky
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
A Silver Mt. Zion
Gastr del Sol
Labradford
A Minor Forest

and all that post-rock stuff

MsMofoGone said:
You're absolutely right !! :hug:
I found Come On Eileen on an 80's Compilation CD that I saw while shopping at Target with my mom earlier today ... :applaud:

Hehe, cool.

I can't believe it, Target of all places !! :yikes:
Well, I'm NOT a Target shopper, my mom likes the store though,
I may have to start shopping for past decades of compilations there from now on.

We don't have a Target in the town I live in. We did when I lived back in Iowa, though...I personally liked that store.

I'm rather surprised at Wal-Mart though, because I didn't see any past decades of compilations there ... What a shock !! :ohmy:

Yeah, the Wal-Mart in our town doesn't have the world's greatest CD collection, either (I don't recall seeing any U2 there :ohmy:...). I have seen the occasional 80s compilation CD in that store, though-weird there aren't any in yours.

And of course, still no compilations or CDs on The Outfield ... :tsk: :sad:

:(. Eh, keep searching, you're bound to find something someday :).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Yeah, the Wal-Mart in our town doesn't have the world's greatest CD collection, either (I don't recall seeing any U2 there :ohmy:...). I have seen the occasional 80s compilation CD in that store, though-weird there aren't any in yours.

That's a shame about U2 music !! :scream:
My Wal-Mart carries lots of U2 ... :bow:
I have seen some 80's compilations there, but nothing too GREAT !! :yuck:
Most of the time, anything that's a special edition or GOOD compilation is immediately gone from their shelves !! :shrug:
Probably, because they have such cheaper prices than other music stores ... :up:

U2!!!! I will not be able to get them out of my system untill the tour is over:coocoo:

I cannot believe I STILL cannot find The Outfield's 'Play Deep' album ...
What's so-ooo impossible now ?? :shrug:
It seems the one hit-wonders are always the hardest to find ...
Why is this ?? I just don't get it !! :scratch:
It's NOT available anywhere ... I'm so-ooo lost !!
This is one of the worst weeks of my life ... :yes:
I wish my cassette wouldn't have broke, but nothing ever seems to last forever. :tsk:
I guess I need to get used to not hearing them anymore !! :sad:

MsMofoGone said:
I cannot believe I STILL cannot find The Outfield's 'Play Deep' album ...
What's so-ooo impossible now ?? :shrug:
It seems the one hit-wonders are always the hardest to find ...
Why is this ?? I just don't get it !! :scratch:
It's NOT available anywhere ... I'm so-ooo lost !!
This is one of the worst weeks of my life ... :yes:
I wish my cassette wouldn't have broke, but nothing ever seems to last forever. :tsk:
I guess I need to get used to not hearing them anymore !! :sad:

I could try and see if some of the songs off of there are available on downloading sites and send them to ya :).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

I could try and see if some of the songs off of there are available on downloading sites and send them to ya :).

Angela

Thanks for trying to help :hug:
But, I've already tried some sites and got no answers as of yet !!
This is really getting depressing ... I can't believe this is the only band I cannot find ... :sad:
What happened ... that they suddenly disappeared from the music stores and websites all together ?? :shrug:
Yes, they were a one hit wonder, but I still think they're popular, especially since that GREATEST HITS CD has surfaced !! :up:
So why would the rest of their music all of a sudden vanish ?? :scratch:
This makes absolutely no sense at all ... I'm really disturbed now !! :(

Moonlit_Angel said:

:(. Eh, keep searching, you're bound to find something someday :).

Guess what my mom found at a garage sale in Wisconsin yesterday ?? :hmm: :shrug:

Yes, you figured correctly if you said The Outfield's 'Play Deep' album !!
And yes, I said ALBUM !! :ohmy: :shocked:

It's in perfect condition too ... only cost my mom $2.25 :bow:

Guess who's really unbelievably happy that it was found ...
and truthfully, it's about time ... :applaud: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom