Return of Bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Back on topic - just saw the Youtube clip of this - Bad/40 combo is sheer perfection :drool:, and should be mandatory at every U2 concert going forward. Particularly, in Vegas and the Rose Bowl!:hyper:

WOW :drool:

For me personally, I'm see them three times at least this go around it would be something to see:

Bad into Streets
UTEOTW
TUF Please God don't let them drop this song :pray:
UltraViolet

On the same night. These five songs are easily in my top 12.

Also great call Ax on Bad showing up that was quite eerie :ohmy:

It's fantastic to find out they played "Bad" - I was really beginning to wonder if/when it would show up...now, the show I would want to see would be the one where "The Unforgettable Fire" " Until The End Of The World" and "Bad" are all played. Hopefully this will happen. While there at it I'd say scrap "Elevation" or "Boots" or "City Of Blinding Lights" for "Gone" "Please" and "Running To Stand Still" (or "Exit")!!!

Scrap Boots? :lol: Also, Elevation was played for the first time last night, its hardly taking up space enough to be called for 'scrapping' yet.

It's fantastic to find out they played "Bad" - I was really beginning to wonder if/when it would show up...now, the show I would want to see would be the one where "The Unforgettable Fire" " Until The End Of The World" and "Bad" are all played. Hopefully this will happen. While there at it I'd say scrap "Elevation" or "Boots" or "City Of Blinding Lights" for "Gone" "Please" and "Running To Stand Still" (or "Exit")!!!
Elevation is great to get the audience along, great singalong song. Boots is the lead single from the new album so it's impossible to drop that one and COBL is just epic live. Gone, Please and Running To Stand Still are awesome as well though...I'm lucky, got to see RTSS at Amsterdam in 2005, last time ever they played it so far.

Elevation is great to get the audience along, great singalong song. Boots is the lead single from the new album so it's impossible to drop that one and COBL is just epic live. Gone, Please and Running To Stand Still are awesome as well though...I'm lucky, got to see RTSS at Amsterdam in 2005, last time ever they played it so far.

Yes, but Elevation is such a weak song by any other standards. If they want the audience to go nuts how about "Out Of Control" or "Electric Co." or, dare I say
"I Will Follow" - something from the early days. As far as Boots being the lead single, well, it was hardly a "hit" - mostly a nusance type single. Nobody REALLY liked it that much - it certainly was no "Beautiful Day". "Magnificent" is waaaaayyy better. And...is COBL really that good live??? I've never seen it so I wouldn't know. As long as they keep "Bad" and "The Unforgettable Fire" I'll be more than happy.

Yes, but Elevation is such a weak song by any other standards. If they want the audience to go nuts how about "Out Of Control" or "Electric Co." or, dare I say
"I Will Follow" - something from the early days. As far as Boots being the lead single, well, it was hardly a "hit" - mostly a nusance type single. Nobody REALLY liked it that much - it certainly was no "Beautiful Day". "Magnificent" is waaaaayyy better. And...is COBL really that good live??? I've never seen it so I wouldn't know. As long as they keep "Bad" and "The Unforgettable Fire" I'll be more than happy.

I agree with everything you've said, but must answer your question - YES, COBL is THAT good live.

Sorry, guess I should have added "IMO" to my last post. But that's the amazing thing about U2's catalog - there's something for everyone. I've said it elsewhere before, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself, but you can pick just about any U2 song, and there is someone who absolutely LOVES it - and there is also someone who absolutely HATES it.

Out of curiosity Tyagu... when/where have you heard COBL live? I saw it open the Vertigo US shows, and it brought the roof down - but that may have been because it was the opener. Maybe it feels different mid-set?

Don't know... perhaps... It just doesn't connect with me :shrug:
I seen it live at the 11th of July, Paris. Maybe it was the wrong concert to see it live... don't know.

COBL and WOWY were, really, the only songs I didn't like from the concert.
I didn't get the chance to see it live on the Vertigo Tour.

I don't have anything against anyone who likes it :up:

And I agree with: "you can pick just about any U2 song, and there is someone who absolutely LOVES it - and there is also someone who absolutely HATES it."

Absolutely true :)

Just watching the version of Bad from Amsterdam now and I'm thinking, how in the hell is this not am absolute permanent staple no matter what? Like Streets level of immovability?

Heh, though I suppose you could say that for an awful lot of U2 songs, then you really would get a greatest hits setlist...

Just watching the version of Bad from Amsterdam now and I'm thinking, how in the hell is this not am absolute permanent staple no matter what? Like Streets level of immovability?

Heh, though I suppose you could say that for an awful lot of U2 songs, then you really would get a greatest hits setlist...

I think thats what a lot of us have been saying - Bad should be mandatory for a U2 concerts, period. Then again, it it was, a la Streets, Pride, etc, 90%of Interference would be bichin about it, so whatcha gonna do?:lol:

1 week ago i was so pissed off and upset about thinking Bad wont be on this tour, maybe once or twice but not often, and now im so happy, its beginning to feel like a regular.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope I get the Bad/40 combo on at least one of the shows I'm seeing. :pray:

even when u2 fuck up the performances of BAD it still comes off as magic. it can do no wrong. one of their best songs live :up:

Because Bad was never a hit, those who aren't hardcore fans don't know it, so the fact that it remains on tour every time out shows how much the band love it, and how much of a history it has live, its not being played simply for those there for the 'greatest hits', and the fact that it isn't played every night makes it something special.

amazing

Am I imagining it or is Bad being performed in a higher than usual key. That last performance on Dublin night one sounded and felt like 80s Bono when he sang that last chorus. Is it just me?

Back
Top Bottom