Rest of U2 Survivor: Achtung Baby - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zoo Station

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • The Fly

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Ultraviolet

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Acrobat

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Love Is Blindness

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LemonMelon said:
Actually, it's not that great live, IMO. Especially the Zoo TV version, which is essentially the same as on the album. Elevation Fly is a different story altogether. :hmm:

I completely disagree with everything you just said.

- It's absolutely phenomenal live.
- The Zoo TV version has much improved vocals and guitar tone, as well as a much improved second half of the song.
- The only time The Fly wasn't epic was on the Elevation Tour version, which had a shitty guitar tone.

Zoo TV = Vertigo (in greatness)
ZooTV/Vertigo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Elevation

Will Lemon be on the Zooropa list, out of curiousity? A remix of it was on the B-Sides disc. I'm wondering how legalistic we're being--it doesn't matter to me one way or another, but I was just wondering.

phillyfan26 said:

I completely disagree with everything you just said.

- It's absolutely phenomenal live.
- The Zoo TV version has much improved vocals and guitar tone, as well as a much improved second half of the song.
- The only time The Fly wasn't epic was on the Elevation Tour version, which had a shitty guitar tone.

Zoo TV = Vertigo (in greatness)
ZooTV/Vertigo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Elevation

Shitty guitar tone, maybe, but it actually did something different with the song.

You're imagining things if you think the Zoo TV version is different from the album. It really is exactly the same. The only difference is that you can hear what's going on at the very end because the terrible production is gone.

I don't have the master list here at work with me, but I don't know that Axver counted remixes when submitting the list. We all know the remixes suck. Right? Right. :wink:

Either I'll check when I get home or Axver will show up to save us.

the tourist said:
Will Lemon be on the Zooropa list, out of curiousity? A remix of it was on the B-Sides disc. I'm wondering how legalistic we're being--it doesn't matter to me one way or another, but I was just wondering.

Lemon is there. To be excluded, a song has to be on the regular pressing of the main disc. Anything else, such as additional tracks on regional pressings or songs on the bonus b-sides disc, remains in the game.

I'd also like to add my support for The Fly live. I've seen it at 9 out of 10 U2 gigs and I'd happily hear it at another 9, while most of the shows I've heard at 9 or 10 gigs I'd probably be happier if they disappeared from the set. (Though most songs that I want out of the regular set, I wanted out of the regular set long before I saw them a multitude of times.)

It's really a crime that The Fly and Lemon are eligible for this competition. U2 has a really hard time picking their best music...

:ohmy:

I've missed a few polls for AB but damn, what a terrible turn out so far....Wild Horses instead of Ultraviolet??? Are you people insane? :huh:

Zoo Station should have been voted off before ultraviolet and wild horses...I can't bare looking at it right now it's too frustrating...of course voting it off isn't frustrating though :)

and...So Cruel going so fast like that? That was a sinister move by inteferencers :(

such a mistake! stop looking at the music with such a scientific mindset, if you know what i mean...I saw someone posted something like, "It's just the same thing for 5 minutes, a simple melody and blah blah blah..." NO! it's the most beautiful song on the entire album besides One and maybe Love is Blindness...that's the bottom line

Last edited:
CTU2fan said:
Ah well that settles it, CTU2 will be a complete bitch throughout the Zooropa voting :(

Glad to know I won't be the target for at least a short while. :wink:

I was surprised nobody leapt all over my alternate tracklist for Achtung. That's been the target of some really vehement hatred in the past.

Axver said:
I was surprised nobody leapt all over my alternate tracklist for Achtung. That's been the target of some really vehement hatred in the past.

I really liked it actually. Wild Irish Rose isn't my favourite ever, but otherwise it's pretty stellar.

Wild Irish Rose fits in very well on Achtung if you have the right order. It's in my top ten U2 songs - definitely some of Bono's best lyrics, all other attributes aside.

LemonMelon said:
You're imagining things if you think the Zoo TV version is different from the album. It really is exactly the same. The only difference is that you can hear what's going on at the very end because the terrible production is gone.

Other than two major components of the song being changed, right?

The guitar tone is much improved, as it was over-buzzy on the album, and more wah and distortion-based in the live show (a huge improvement).

Instead of whispering, Bono uses deep vocals (more effective, IMO).

Rob33 said:
such a mistake! stop looking at the music with such a scientific mindset, if you know what i mean...I saw someone posted something like, "It's just the same thing for 5 minutes, a simple melody and blah blah blah..." NO! it's the most beautiful song on the entire album besides One and maybe Love is Blindness...that's the bottom line

Your bottom line is your opinion. I know, duh, right? But come on. The song strikes barely any chord with me, so I voted against it. You love the song? Yay for you. Here's a cookie.

"Scientific mindset"? Come on.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I have an opinion. I DESERVE A COOKIE :mad:

It's in the mail. I didn't know your address, so I just addressed the package to "BonoIsMyMuse c/o Interference.com"

the tourist said:
It's in the mail. I didn't know your address, so I just addressed the package to "BonoIsMyMuse c/o Interference.com"

Care to post breakfast to me?

Axver said:

Care to post breakfast to me?

Depends. All I've got is a gif of Bill Cosby. And I don't know how to post pictures on here because I suck at life.

That doesn't sound much like a plate of nice warm toast with Marmite and honey. You're telling me I'll have to get that myself?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom