Request: U2 Desktop Backgrounds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some wallpapers

Some wallpapers I created:

ADAM+WALLPAPER+(02-03-10).jpg

EDGE+WALLPAPER+(02-03-10).jpg

LARRY+WALLPAPER+(02-03-10).jpg

BONO+WALLPAPER+(02-03-10).jpg

thanks sweet...I thought I had an account here but I was wrong, so I created it yesterday lol
I´m happy to be here :heart:

Andréia eh parceira de twitter! kkkkkk

One coment in portuguese...

É O BRASIL DOMINANDO O PLEBA
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

É nos Nanazoca, Chará e eu \o/

Here's another one of my contributions.
This time Ultraviolet 360° meets the Achtung Baby artwork:

UV360-1440x900.jpg

Only avaliable in 1440x900 I'm afraid since that's my own resolution.
I found that similar looking font again and wanted to give it a spin.

Edge , could I ask you witch fonts you used for the text part and beneath the tour logo ?

Edge , could I ask you witch fonts you used for the text part and beneath the tour logo ?

Certainly, I could even tell you where to get them if you'd like?

The Achtung Baby-like font I used for the lyrics is actually a mixture of the font family, VNI-Thuphap:
VNI-Thuphap Font | dafont.com

Here I mainly used Vnhltfap.ttf and for some of the capital letters Vnthfap2.TTF. Although not an exact match it does the job fairly well I suppose.

The font which was used for writing "UL TRA VIO LE T" etc. was custom made by someone on here. It was based on a font called Bureau Grotesque Condensed Bold, which is the same deal but without the filled in letters that we saw on the album cover.

Here's the custom made version, No Line On The Horizon.otf
and here's Bureau Grotesque Condensed Bold.

I have quite the collection of U2-related fonts, send me an e-mail if you want the link, I'm not sure it can be shared here in public as some of it is stuff you need to buy. theedge1989 <at> hotmail.com

For what it's worth, the tour logo was replicated by myself, based on the 2nd version that I found on Willie Williams website.
Thus, the font for this logo was Samson Bold.

Ýou are , epic :hug: I'll send you an Email! Thankyou so very much , you made me very happy today:up:

I love the contrast in both picture's. The colors are amazing and arrangement very clean, It reminds me of Amsterdam :heart: Awesome BG's Edge.

Miracle drug :love: I love that wallpaper :) :heart:
Thank you. It's my favourite one too.
So you made this one? I love this wallpaper. You´r very good!! Nice to meet you :up:
Many moons ago.
Thank you.
I made yet another one, a bit more Achtung-esque:
lightbulb-1440x900.jpg

I like it but I don't think the text wrapping along the lightbulb looks very good. Looks like you used a very thin outline. I think it would look really good if the outline were a little thicker and the opacity of the text layer itself was lowered some, or if other effects were used on it.

Just my opinion though. To reiterate - I think it's a great wallpaper! I'm just not keen on the text.

I like it but I don't think the text wrapping along the lightbulb looks very good. Looks like you used a very thin outline. I think it would look really good if the outline were a little thicker and the opacity of the text layer itself was lowered some, or if other effects were used on it.

Just my opinion though. To reiterate - I think it's a great wallpaper! I'm just not keen on the text.

I appreciate feedback, positive or less so, that's how I learn.

I agree with what you said about the text, it occured to me when I posted it here but by then I had already flattened it and closed down Photoshop. I rarely save .psds for small stuff like these so I just let it be the way it was.
I should've moved the text a little bit so it starts a little more to the lower left rather than at the center of the lightbulb like this. Thanks! :up:

I appreciate feedback, positive or less so, that's how I learn.

I agree with what you said about the text, it occured to me when I posted it here but by then I had already flattened it and closed down Photoshop. I rarely save .psds for small stuff like these so I just let it be the way it was.
I should've moved the text a little bit so it starts a little more to the lower left rather than at the center of the lightbulb like this. Thanks! :up:

You are welcome!
I think it would've looked really awesome if the text looked like it melded right into the photo (with certain photos, placing the text in the soft light mode can give that kinda look) but it's definitely not that bad. I really do like the font!

I save .psds for practically everything I do. The amount of those files sitting on my hard drive are obscene ... no wonder it hates me!

I LOVE this picture...

u2octoberbw.jpg

Can anyone, help me with a desktop background please, I don't like the colors, preferably black & white! :heart: thanks

Back
Top Bottom