(Red) Auction in NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anybody know if :bono: bought anything? I heard "I have a feeling this picture is going to Ireland" (or something like that) at some point in the auction. :)

Thanks To All who posted the photos articles and videos :D

I love hearing bono sing so cute :D Bono is looking hot. Ali looks Beautiful :) I see eve there with her friend. :)

emmabergstrom said:
you're welcome rosebud :)

bonovd8.jpg

Holy gorgeous chin!!! :combust:

emmabergstrom said:

^^ I think that's Eve two seats next to Ali. But I can't see Jordan...
I'm glad to hear that auction was a huge success! I really hope more companies will join RED. And btw Bono looks really good these days! ;)

Last edited:
Catching up on the last 6 pages of this thread. :drool:

Nothing else to say, you girls have said it all, here.:heart: :hug:

Except:
There needs to be a lot more people like him in the world.

Bono Mot said:

His buckle is still undone. :giggle:

:shame: mot, you are a wild child.:shh: :hug:

I think that is Jordan next to Ali.

kellyahern- that picture is :drool: his arm, (yum) holding that drink...
gin and tonic, with twist? or water, what do you think???

Last edited:
NYC auction raises $42M for AIDS relief
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Irish rocker Bono attends The (Red) Auction to raise money for the treatment of HIV/AIDS in Africa at Sotheby's, Thursday, Feb.14, 2008 in New York. (AP Photo/Evan Agostini)
NEW YORK -- A celebrity-studded Valentine's Day charity auction of contemporary artworks - all inspired by the color red and the concept of love - raised more than $42.5 million to benefit HIV/AIDS relief programs in Africa, Sotheby's auction house said.

Organized by Sotheby's, U2 lead singer Bono, artist Damien Hirst and Manhattan's Gagosian Gallery, the sale on Thursday blasted past the maximum of $29 million it was expected to bring in, Sotheby's said.

The event also set sale records for 17 artists, including Howard Hodgkin, Marc Quinn and Keith Tyson, the auction house said.

"Tonight we got serious about love, and not just the love of art, but the love of our brothers and sisters suffering from AIDS in the poorest places on the planet," Bono said in a Sotheby's release.

The auction included pieces donated by dozens of artists, among them Jasper Johns, Jeff Koons and Ed Ruscha. Hirst gave seven of his works, including "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" - a pill cabinet filled with medications used to treat HIV. It sold for $7.15 million, Sotheby's said.

The event drew a high-wattage crowd that included domestic diva Martha Stewart, hip-hop entrepreneur Russell Simmons, actor Dennis Hopper and tennis star John McEnroe, Sotheby's said.

Model Christy Turlington bought Francesco Clemente's "Red Flower on Scorched Earth" for $170,500, according to the auction house.

The prices included a 10 percent buyer's premium. Proceeds will go the United Nations Foundation and will support programs run by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Sotheby's said.

Liesje said:

Maybe that's Jordan sitting next to Ali?

Doesn't look like her imo.... But I'm not really sure. But don't you think Bono would have mentioned Jordan, if she was with them?? :hmm: (But doesn't really matter anyway...)
Back to topic: I just saw Bono on TV singing "All you need is Love" during the auction. He must have been inspired, bc it was Valentine's Day ;)
And they said sth like it was the most successful charity event ever! (Is that true? Does anybody know?! But I heard that Live Aid e.g. made 400 Mio $)

Last edited:
JC - thanks for posting that article here.
Love what he said, ...getting serious about love. He has a gift for that.

onekea, gorgeous,thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blm said:
A bit outside the auction, upon Bono's arrival.
Makes me VERY SAD, again that I wasn't there.:sad: But excited for who was!:yippie:

I see Ali, and Brian- and some big security dude who keeps getting in the way :mad:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pV4TRayVlso

*Hey BF1 - the vid is ZEY and Roly!*

That is my friend Zey's video!!!! She is the one who got her rollingstone mag signed by Bono. He reconized it was an orig copy of an old isse and then he tells her, she is an original copy. So cute!! He comes back to her again too and gets a kiss!!!

JCOSTER said:

Bonos stylist is right behind him.

Sharon. If you kept up with Michael Stipe's photo blog FuturePicCenter.com, she was on there either right before or after Adam's pic. I've seen her at events with them before. You can tell that she dressed him for the event!!!

they all look great, and the art they sold was absolutely amazing! I am in LOVE with the Damien Hirst butterfly piece. The large red heart with the laquered butterflies

:drool:

A bit outside the auction, upon Bono's arrival.
Makes me VERY SAD, again that I wasn't there. But excited for who was!

I see Ali, and Brian- and some big security dude who keeps getting in the way

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pV4TRayVlso

Oh man.. that is just too cool! Wish I could've been there. Congrats to all who got a glimpse or met the man himself! :D

u2jesusgirl said:

*Hey BF1 - the vid is ZEY and Roly!*

That is my friend Zey's video!!!! She is the one who got her rollingstone mag signed by Bono. He reconized it was an orig copy of an old isse and then he tells her, she is an original copy. So cute!! He comes back to her again too and gets a kiss!!!

Yeah i saw that Dion!! way cool!!!!

Back
Top Bottom