Rate The Song: Party Girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Party Girl

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
I'm going to be out today when I should start today's set of polls (the second half of the Boy-War era unreleased songs), so I have to start them early. There are three sets of polls open for a few hours because of that - I'm really sorry. If you've yet to vote on all three, feel free to do so - they should be scattered about the first and second pages of Everything You Know Is Wrong.

Please rate Party Girl on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Gotta love this one -- more fun than the A-side! Edge's little mini-solo really makes it. And of course they really nailed it live over the next year or two.

So, wait, is this Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl or just Party Girl? The former is that shithouse studio pisstake, and the latter is the fun live-only version of the song. 3 to one, 6 or 7 to the other.

I'm just to go ahead and give this a 3 because I've only voted based on studio versions so far.

So, wait, is this Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl or just Party Girl? The former is that shithouse studio pisstake, and the latter is the fun live-only version of the song. 3 to one, 6 or 7 to the other.

I'm just to go ahead and give this a 3 because I've only voted based on studio versions so far.

I would consider them the same song. Vote off of whatever you want to vote for.

Talking about 'Party Girl'. minus the trash and trampoline, my second favorite non-album song from the early years. Love the live versions, especially the 'Under A Blood Red ' version and the version from a Joshua Tree Tour show in Los Angeles. :drool: Gets a 8 from me.

I give the studio version a 7 and the live version a 9 so as I'm feeling generous I give a 9 in general. great fun track.

The live version is what makes this song tolerable which gets an 8, while the studio gets a 3. And props to Bono for that one time he tried to bring back this song back around the end of the Vertigo tour and totally forgot the lyrics. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom