Randoooooooom Randooooooooominess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao: I just got knocked to the ground by the dog. :der: :reject:

she was on my sister's bed when my sister yelled to me to let Roxy out. Well the second Roxy heard "outside" she came charging down the hallway. She didn't know I was there and I didn't know she was going to jump off the bed full speed ahead. She comes to about my knees so that's where she hit me. I didn't stand a chance :tsk: That is one strong dog. Then on her way back down the hall at the same speed, while I was laying there laughing hysterically, she stepped on my foot. Ouch.

Oh that was funny.......
:yikes: I know 2 people who got their tibial plateau fractures that way..........I cringed while reading that^
Happy no injuries were incurred :)

First day back= worst migraine in around 4 years. I went to work and the migraine switched sides and REFUSED to leave. I managed to stay long enough to give co-worker lunch....don't know how I did that. I honestly don't . I felt like I was having an out of body experience and was so sick to my stomach. Got home a little after 2 and slept. Ice bag :heart:.

Ouch. You know it's a bad headache/migraine when you can place it in the timeline of all time worst migraines - I have two by which I judge all other headaches :reject:.

Note to self: The washing machine works much better when you close the lid. :der:

:wave: Hey there, everyone. Sorry I've been MIA for a week...I was spending my evenings entertaining groups of people of various sizes since last Tuesday. Finally today, everyone left...including the roomie to a big meeting in Vegas. :|

Today was my last day of vacation. It went by way too fast.

Hey you :wave:
It is too bad you couldn't have gone to Vegas with roomie/hubby :)
and yes, it does help if you close the lid :giggle:
read this: http://forum.interference.com/blogs...again-after-reading-this-36953/#comment150872
another reason to make sure lid is closed :yikes:

surrender.gif

I give up. The week has won. Now I seem to have a bug and am sipping thera flu cuz of the achey, headachey, sore throaty, run to the bathroom ickiness.
A nap is next.
:help::sigh:

surrender.gif

I give up. The week has won. Now I seem to have a bug and am sipping thera flu cuz of the achey, headachey, sore throaty, run to the bathroom ickiness.
A nap is next.
:help::sigh:

:( That's crappy. I hope you feel better.

I should go to bed, but I am busy stalking people online. I found my cousin (among others) on Facebook! :D

I made it the full day at work today and can't stop yawning :yawn: This week has lasted forever.
I have zero energy :yawn:

stalking is fun, but requires.............energy

:hyper: New Office!

Someone convince me I don't want to eat this entire Trader Joe's pizza all by myself and I should save some for the roomie when he gets home, please.

I just opened up a box of crackers and the plastic ripped apart too quickly causing most of the crackers to land on top of the computer and the chair. The noise woke the dog up, she started barking which in turn woke my sister up who came running out in a t shirt only :yikes: pants please......the cat also awoke from her slumber and came leaping into the room. I was debating on whether or not I really needed to open up a box of crackers at midnight, especially since I had to work in one to the restaurants tonight where I ate housemade crackers, pasta, and fries...oh and tons of gelato. I can go all night in the pastry shop and not touch a thing but the second I get into the restaurant I have people that think the pastry person is starving since they only have pastries in front of them so they feel the need to feed me. :slant: So yeah. I shouldn't have opened up those crackers. :reject: Now everyone is up! :der:

rumors of my departure at work are swirling once again because I'm going home in a few weeks. Yeah this time I did send out resumes unlike the last few times I've been home but still. Anytime I mention going home I get accused of job searching. :der: I've gone home for graduation, a much needed 4 days off, and a wedding. Now I'm going for another wedding but I probably would have gone home soon anyways so I can have a few days of Fall. I don't know where people get this crap. I was temporarily put in charge of something at work, that I desperately don't want to have anything to do with, because someone quit. I told my Chef the other day that the idea of this new spot he stuck me in is giving me an ulcer because I cannot stand it. At first he said too bad but then yesterday he discussed with one of my coworkers if she thought he needed to replace the person leaving or just keep me in the spot. She said if he doesn't hire someone I might explode. So today he interviewed someone to fill this spot that does exactly the same job somewhere else so she would be perfect. He's had her resume for months but never needed to hire anyone. They kept it a secret from me until she got there today for her meeting. I literally did a happy dance around the bakery until she left and my Chef came out of his office. I'm not religous or anything but my coworker that talked to our Chef yesterday told me to consider this a gift from the heavens that he was able to find someone this fast. He offered her the job pending a background search and drug test so we're not out of the woods just yet.

So with my unhappiness over the unwanted position plus my going home in 3 weeks means I'm out the door. Whatever....my Chef told this coworker today that he hasn't seen my smile since he gave me this position a few weeks ago. That's because it sucks! :happy: When the girl left today I said to him she seems very nice and I feel he should hire her asap! He laughed and said I should just be lucky that he was able to do this so quickly instead of making me do the job for a few months. He had lots of :coocoo: and :crazy: comments about me for the next hour but I really think he was worried I'm out the door if he didn't act fast. No but I probably would whine everyday how much I hated my new job. I hope this girl starts next week :drool:

rumors of my departure at work are swirling once again because I'm going home in a few weeks. Yeah this time I did send out resumes unlike the last few times I've been home but still. Anytime I mention going home I get accused of job searching. :der: I've gone home for graduation, a much needed 4 days off, and a wedding. Now I'm going for another wedding but I probably would have gone home soon anyways so I can have a few days of Fall. I don't know where people get this crap. I was temporarily put in charge of something at work, that I desperately don't want to have anything to do with, because someone quit. I told my Chef the other day that the idea of this new spot he stuck me in is giving me an ulcer because I cannot stand it. At first he said too bad but then yesterday he discussed with one of my coworkers if she thought he needed to replace the person leaving or just keep me in the spot. She said if he doesn't hire someone I might explode. So today he interviewed someone to fill this spot that does exactly the same job somewhere else so she would be perfect. He's had her resume for months but never needed to hire anyone. They kept it a secret from me until she got there today for her meeting. I literally did a happy dance around the bakery until she left and my Chef came out of his office. I'm not religous or anything but my coworker that talked to our Chef yesterday told me to consider this a gift from the heavens that he was able to find someone this fast. He offered her the job pending a background search and drug test so we're not out of the woods just yet.

So with my unhappiness over the unwanted position plus my going home in 3 weeks means I'm out the door. Whatever....my Chef told this coworker today that he hasn't seen my smile since he gave me this position a few weeks ago. That's because it sucks! :happy: When the girl left today I said to him she seems very nice and I feel he should hire her asap! He laughed and said I should just be lucky that he was able to do this so quickly instead of making me do the job for a few months. He had lots of :coocoo: and :crazy: comments about me for the next hour but I really think he was worried I'm out the door if he didn't act fast. No but I probably would whine everyday how much I hated my new job. I hope this girl starts next week :drool:

I am picturing you diong the happy snoopy dance............I am impressed :wink:
Hope she works out and replaces you :up: That sounds wrong...............but is right............/shari-ese

I have officially survived the week :up:

I went to lunch today and actually managed to feel worse :der: I just think the month of Aug and then trim set up and all the drama surrounding it kicked in and I got nailed..........I relaxed a week during vacation and then it all caught up and the 'fun' began.

It's gonna be a great holiday season in retail :happy:

On a baseball note: Ryan Braun :hyper:

On a Springsteen note: Seeger Sessions :up: Fun, fun, fun.........Love all of it!
The making of dvd that comes in the CD "5 stars"........excellent and Bruce wearing a hat.
I also watched Born To Run making of dvd and that is fascinating to watch. Bruce knew exactly what he wanted and pursued it relentlesssly........
"again................again....................again..................." He had such a intense look on his face.

I was woken up by a very excited Bob Uecker calling a homerun..........a 3 run homerun
That is what I get for falling asleep with the radio on.........oh well, :up:

I am picturing you diong the happy snoopy dance............I am impressed :wink:
Hope she works out and replaces you :up: That sounds wrong...............but is right............/shari-ese

I get what you mean! And yes, a Snoopy dance is fitting. Speaking of the peanuts gang....this girl was a red head. I never got her name so I've been referring to her as the little red head girl like Charlie Brown would. Today one of the sous Chefs asked our Chef how the interview went yesterday and I just blurted out "I loved her!" when I never even talked to her! My Chef laughed and shook his head and told me to get back to work :reject: Then today at dinner we all talked about her again and I kept saying :happysigh: I'm in love with the little red head girl....I cannot wait until this girl starts so I don't have to deal with the icky job more than a day or two a week.

I have officially survived the week :up:

I went to lunch today and actually managed to feel worse :der: I just think the month of Aug and then trim set up and all the drama surrounding it kicked in and I got nailed..........I relaxed a week during vacation and then it all caught up and the 'fun' began.

It's gonna be a great holiday season in retail :happy:

On a baseball note: Ryan Braun :hyper:

On a Springsteen note: Seeger Sessions :up: Fun, fun, fun.........Love all of it!
The making of dvd that comes in the CD "5 stars"........excellent and Bruce wearing a hat.
I also watched Born To Run making of dvd and that is fascinating to watch. Bruce knew exactly what he wanted and pursued it relentlesssly........
"again................again....................again..................." He had such a intense look on his face.

me too...well almost, 1 day left.

you are obsessed with Bruuuuuuuuuuuce!

I'm enjoying the Bruuuuuuce obsession! Makes me want to go dig my Bruce CD's out of my box of CD's in the garage that has never been unpacked.

Does anyone know a better way to get rid of acryllic nails other than picking at them and pulling them off? I hate these things and part of my faux left thumbnail just broke off so now it looks weird. Not to mention I can't type with them on so it was a frustrating short week at work.

I skipped kickboxing this morning and felt bad until my friend E called, thinking she was going to leave me a voicemail apologizing for skipping class herself. :giggle: We'll be good next week. I will make up for it by walking around the neighborhood for coffee and cash as the names on my license and debit card no longer match and I should have some cash for incidentals. Then I need to clean the house...AGAIN. :crack:

Obsession with Bruce: :yes: A nice healthy one :D. I figure Mr Springsteen and his E-Street Band and other variations of his band are going to be a great way to deal with a cold WI winter........there is certainly enough material out there.............I must go convert the Springsteen Miller Park Concert............Gotta hear The Beer Barrel Polka done by them :giggle:

The acrylic nails...........isn't there a remover something similar to nail polish remover out there? Picking and pulling at them might cause damage to the nailbeds.......
By all means go dig poor Bruce out :sad: He needs fresh Indy air :yes:

WI Badger football next :up:

I get what you mean! And yes, a Snoopy dance is fitting. Speaking of the peanuts gang....this girl was a red head. I never got her name so I've been referring to her as the little red head girl like Charlie Brown would. Today one of the sous Chefs asked our Chef how the interview went yesterday and I just blurted out "I loved her!" when I never even talked to her! My Chef laughed and shook his head and told me to get back to work :reject: Then today at dinner we all talked about her again and I kept saying :happysigh: I'm in love with the little red head girl....I cannot wait until this girl starts so I don't have to deal with the icky job more than a day or two a week.

Little red head girl :cute:
and :lol: at the "I loved her!" comment.........

Obsession with Bruce: :yes: A nice healthy one :D. I figure Mr Springsteen and his E-Street Band and other variations of his band are going to be a great way to deal with a cold WI winter........there is certainly enough material out there.............I must go convert the Springsteen Miller Park Concert............Gotta hear The Beer Barrel Polka done by them :giggle:

The acrylic nails...........isn't there a remover something similar to nail polish remover out there? Picking and pulling at them might cause damage to the nailbeds.......
By all means go dig poor Bruce out :sad: He needs fresh Indy air :yes:

WI Badger football next :up:

Bruce needs much fresh air. I want a nice shelf or something that we can finally combine the CD collections together, rather than the garage, bins under the guest room bed, or random drawers in the living room.

I found some acryllic nail remover at CVS. :drool:

I had no idea Paul Newman died! :(

Also: If anyone ever needs aluminum foil, ask me. We have FOUR open boxes of it. And one is the Target Economy 75 Miles O'Foil. :crack:

There are also two open boxes of white security envelopes. Perhaps someone should have gone through the kitchen once or twice in the last two years...

~moment of silence for Paul Newman~ mom told me this this morning :(

Begging kicker to hit field goal.................YES!

yesterday I had to cut out 1100 circles of frozen puff pastry dough using a metal cookie cutter. It took 2 1/2 hours. The bottoms of both hands are red and puffy. :| Then later on, I made mini caramel apples out of fondant for a decoration on a cake. I was able to get the brown food coloring off my hands but not the green. There's something about green food coloring or green paint. I always have it on me after touching food coloring or paint, even if it wasn't green that I used. :huh: I used to have to use pink daily for something that I made and without fail....green on my hands. WTF. At least I work in a place where it's common to see cuts (covered of course) bruises, burns, and funky colored hands so I'll fit in today just fine with my puffy green hands.......off to work. It's my Friday :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom