Randoooooooom Randooooooooominess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend sent me this e-mail today ~ scary stuff:

Just an FYI... Found this list online

I wanted to give everyone a heads up that if you tend to give gift cards
around the holidays, you need to be careful that the cards will be
honored after the holidays. Stores that are planning to close after
Christmas are still selling the cards through the holidays even though
the cards will be worthless January 1. There is no law preventing them
from doing this. On the contrary, it is referred to as ʽBankruptcy
Planning). Below is a partial list of stores that you need to be
cautious about.

Circuit City (filed Chapter 11)
Ann Taylor- 117 stores nationwide closing
Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug ,and Catherineʼs to close 150 stores nationwide
Eddie Bauer to close stores 27 stores and more after January
Cache will close all stores
Talbots closing down specialty stores
J. Jill closing all stores (owned by Talbots)
Pacific Sunwear (also owned by Talbots)
GAP closing 85 stores
Footlocker closing 140 stores mo re to close after January
Wickes Furniture closing down
Levitz closing down remaining stores
Bombay closing remaining stores
Zales closing down 82 stores and 105 after January
Whitehall closing all stores
Piercing Pagoda closing all stores
Disney closing 98 stores and will close more after January.
Home Depot closing 15 stores 1 in NJ ( New Brunswick )
Macys to close 9 stores after January
Linens and Things closing all stores
Movie Galley Closing all stores
Pep Boys Closing 33 stores
Sprint/Nextel closing 133 stores
JC Penney closing a number of stores after January
Ethan Allen closing down 12 stores.
Wilson Leather closing down all stores
Sharper Image closing down all stor~s
K B Toys closing 356 stores
Loews to close down some stores
Dillardʼs to close some stores

so my coworker today told me that she's been dreading this week for a good month. She said the look on my face when I walked in today said it all. She could tell by looking at me that I'm upset about not going home for Thanksgiving. I think the email from my aunt today did it. My coworker said she'd give me a hug on Thurs but she doesn't work. She's one of the few people that I work with that has family here other than a spouse or a kid so she'll be with her mom that day. She told me not to read any more emails or talk to my family until Jan 1st :| She kept asking me all night if I was going to have a frowny face on for the next 6 weeks. :sad: After about 2 hours of my not saying a word she finally asked what was wrong and all I said was "Thanksgiving" and she screamed "I knew it!" and "I've been waiting for weeks for this day to come...." :scream: I can't help it if I wear my heart on my sleeve. :grumpy:

I talked to my mom tonight who now thinks I should just get any old retail or grocery store job in MN so I can come home asap and be happy. Ok so I'll be happy that I'm back home with my family and friends and people who actually speak to me when we're in the same room but then I won't be at a job that I enjoy.

To top it off....I'm actually off Sat and Sun at the resort :| The boys might be back by then but my sister doesn't come home til Mon night. I asked a coworker to trade with me so I'd have Tue off and she'd have Sat off. She said probably but she's not sure. After I told her I didn't want to sit at home alone...even though when there are people here we don't do anything and barely speak....so once I told her why she said yes. But I won't believe it until our boss changes the schedule.

I need a hug. :sad: :(

so my coworker today told me that she's been dreading this week for a good month. She said the look on my face when I walked in today said it all. She could tell by looking at me that I'm upset about not going home for Thanksgiving. I think the email from my aunt today did it. My coworker said she'd give me a hug on Thurs but she doesn't work. She's one of the few people that I work with that has family here other than a spouse or a kid so she'll be with her mom that day. She told me not to read any more emails or talk to my family until Jan 1st :| She kept asking me all night if I was going to have a frowny face on for the next 6 weeks. :sad: After about 2 hours of my not saying a word she finally asked what was wrong and all I said was "Thanksgiving" and she screamed "I knew it!" and "I've been waiting for weeks for this day to come...." :scream: I can't help it if I wear my heart on my sleeve. :grumpy:

I talked to my mom tonight who now thinks I should just get any old retail or grocery store job in MN so I can come home asap and be happy. Ok so I'll be happy that I'm back home with my family and friends and people who actually speak to me when we're in the same room but then I won't be at a job that I enjoy.

To top it off....I'm actually off Sat and Sun at the resort :| The boys might be back by then but my sister doesn't come home til Mon night. I asked a coworker to trade with me so I'd have Tue off and she'd have Sat off. She said probably but she's not sure. After I told her I didn't want to sit at home alone...even though when there are people here we don't do anything and barely speak....so once I told her why she said yes. But I won't believe it until our boss changes the schedule.

I need a hug. :sad: :(

:hug::hug:

ok so my 2nd job schedule me to work at night for the next schedule. I'm trying to find any old excuse in the book to not work this job other than my lazy ass doesn't want to get out of bed. So far it's pretty simple. I stand there and wait for someone to come to my lane and then check them out. :| So I thought this would be the reason for me to say bubye. The manager that does the schedule asked if that was ok and I said no way. He said he'd change it and asked me to fill out a new availability form because no one seems to know when I'm free. Damn.....I only got scheduled for 12 hours next week so I guess I can handle 3 days of this. One of the days is a day I'm off at the resort so I'll be able to come home and sleep :drool:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was tough but I made it through the first and ONLY Thanksgiving away from my family and friends. We had the traditional food in the cafeteria so being able to eat sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie made things better. I think I would have cried if they wouldn't have had sweet potatoes....even though I have 2 in my kitchen waiting to be baked. I worked a mid shift instead of the normal night shift due to all of the different events going on. So that meant I was able to talk to the boy tonight instead of a quick hello this morning before he went to his holiday festivities and I went to work. He told me his mom "picked up" an apple pie for dessert. :doh: I know not everyone bakes but I just can't imagine not having home baked desserts for Thanksgiving. My aunt can't bake to save her life. She emailed me last month to say she was able to bake and frost a cake that the family was actually able to eat! :yikes: So I understand it's not something that everyone can do or even wants to do. But I just can't imagine eating dessert that was "picked up" for Thanksgiving. I was too horrified that he said that about his dessert to ask if it was from a grocery store bakery or out of a box. :barf: :snob: Next year he'll get to experience some real Thanksgiving desserts! :flirt: :D

I really do not want to work at T tomorrow. It's going to be a nightmare. It's going to be crazy busy but I think people will be buying holiday gifts instead of $300 worth of food that I need to pack in the tiny little plastic bags so maybe it won't be so bad afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom