Randoooooooom Randooooooooominess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm confused as to what is wrong with Roxy. :slant: But she had a shot and has oral antibiotics plus aspirin to take. She may have Valley Fever but the vet doesn't think it's the case. :confused: But it seemed to make sense to my sister so I guess that's all that matters.....

I would be confused too.
The vet is giving Roxy antibiotics for something he doesn't think it is? That is a head scratcher :scratch:

aaron14b.jpg

:heart: love this picture :heart:

I would be confused too.
The vet is giving Roxy antibiotics for something he doesn't think it is? That is a head scratcher :scratch:

I guess VF is hard to diagnose without blood work. They did take blood but didn't send it to the lab just in case the meds clear it up. I guess if she's back to normal in a few days then she's fine. Otherwise they have to send in the blood and see what it is. She has skin lesions on her back. They took an xray and then shaved an area of her to find little bloody bumps on her. So I guess with that and her symptoms they think it's valley fever.......she still won't eat or drink.

well she's eating a pig's ear :barf: Normally when she gets one she is dying to run outside and bury it. Then she can't sit still in the house until she goes back out to find it. I never realized dogs really do dig holes and bury stuff. It's really cute to watch. But....my sister gave it to her just now and she brought it to her little bed and is eating it. At least she's eating something.

Roxy is sooo much better than she was last night. She's laying with her head up and is a lot more alert. Plus, I just ate some crackers and she was begging for some like always. I gave her a few of those but she still won't eat her food. She almost looks like Roxy. Hopefully it was just some little bug. She still has a week's worth of pills to start tomorrow.

:ohmy: she's eating for the first time in 2 days........:hyper:

So happy that Roxy is doing better :)
iTunes new version has a feature called Genius Sidebar
Makes it very easy to purchase songs- dangerous :shifty:
It also creates a playlist when you click on one of your songs and then on the Genius symbol:
Young, Free and Insane 6:04 G.B. Leighton Come Alive (Live) Rock 7 8/14/2008 3:05 PM
Train In Vain (Remastered) 3:09 The Clash Q: The Best of 2004 Rock 1 11/8/2007 12:36 PM
Nightswimming 4:18 R.E.M. In Time: The Best of R.E.M. 1988-2003 Rock 1 10/19/2007 8:20 PM
Underneath It All 5:03 No Doubt Rock Steady Rock 1 8/21/2008 10:09 AM
You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet 3:55 Bachman-Turner Overdrive Cleveland Rocks! Music From 'The Drew Carey Show' Soundtrack 1 9/15/2008 12:44 AM
Hungry Heart 3:21 Bruce Springsteen The Essential Bruce Springsteen (Disc 1) Rock
Nothing Compares 2 U 5:11 Sinéad O'Connor Greatest Irish Bands World 1 10/19/2007 9:16 PM
Dream Vacation 2:36 Gear Daddies Can't Have Nothin' Nice Rock
Tiny Bubbles 2:43 Don Ho Tiny Bubbles Pop
Gloria 2:38 Van Morrison The Best of Van Morrison [Mercury] Rock
True to Love 3:29 G.B. Leighton Come Alive (Live) Rock 6 8/14/2008 2:30 PM
Our Lives 3:55 The Calling Two Alternative & Punk 1 10/20/2007 5:47 AM
London Calling 3:21 The Clash The Clash: The Singles Alternative 2 8/13/2008 2:46 PM
Shes The One 5:16 Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band Harley v. 1 D1 8.30.08 1 9/14/2008 11:04 AM
Born In The U.S.A. 4:42 Bruce Springsteen The Essential Bruce Springsteen (Disc 2) Rock 2 9/15/2008 12:36 AM
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (The Temple Bar Mix) 4:51 U2 The Complete U2 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses Rock
Closer To Free 3:09 The BoDeans Go Slow Down Rock
Lost Highway 4:45 Bon Jovi MTV Unplugged June Rock 3 10/18/2007 7:51 PM
Man In the Moon 4:01 G.B. Leighton Come Alive (Live) Rock 7 8/14/2008 2:34 PM
Falling In Love At a Coffee Shop 4:33 Landon Pigg Coffee Shop - EP Rock 1 4/9/2008 3:34 PM
Better Now 3:15 Collective Soul Youth Alternative & Punk 1 1/29/2008 10:22 AM
Never Know 3:33 Jack Johnson In Between Dreams (iTunes Version) Rock 3 4/6/2008 2:06 PM
Chocolate 3:11 Snow Patrol Final Straw Alternative & Punk
Still the Night 6:35 The BoDeans Homebrewed: Live from the Pabst 1 Alternative & Punk
Angel of Harlem 3:50 U2 Best of 1980-1990 Rock 2 1/29/2008 12:29 AM

Tiny Bubbles in the middle of Springsteen, The Clash, U2, GB Leighton etc...... :lol:
and yes, I have Don Ho on my iPod *misses Hawaii*

So happy that Roxy is doing better :)
iTunes new version has a feature called Genius Sidebar
Makes it very easy to purchase songs- dangerous :shifty:
It also creates a playlist when you click on one of your songs and then on the Genius symbol:
Young, Free and Insane 6:04 G.B. Leighton Come Alive (Live) Rock 7 8/14/2008 3:05 PM
Train In Vain (Remastered) 3:09 The Clash Q: The Best of 2004 Rock 1 11/8/2007 12:36 PM
Nightswimming 4:18 R.E.M. In Time: The Best of R.E.M. 1988-2003 Rock 1 10/19/2007 8:20 PM
Underneath It All 5:03 No Doubt Rock Steady Rock 1 8/21/2008 10:09 AM
You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet 3:55 Bachman-Turner Overdrive Cleveland Rocks! Music From 'The Drew Carey Show' Soundtrack 1 9/15/2008 12:44 AM
Hungry Heart 3:21 Bruce Springsteen The Essential Bruce Springsteen (Disc 1) Rock
Nothing Compares 2 U 5:11 Sinéad O'Connor Greatest Irish Bands World 1 10/19/2007 9:16 PM
Dream Vacation 2:36 Gear Daddies Can't Have Nothin' Nice Rock
Tiny Bubbles 2:43 Don Ho Tiny Bubbles Pop
Gloria 2:38 Van Morrison The Best of Van Morrison [Mercury] Rock
True to Love 3:29 G.B. Leighton Come Alive (Live) Rock 6 8/14/2008 2:30 PM
Our Lives 3:55 The Calling Two Alternative & Punk 1 10/20/2007 5:47 AM
London Calling 3:21 The Clash The Clash: The Singles Alternative 2 8/13/2008 2:46 PM
Shes The One 5:16 Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band Harley v. 1 D1 8.30.08 1 9/14/2008 11:04 AM
Born In The U.S.A. 4:42 Bruce Springsteen The Essential Bruce Springsteen (Disc 2) Rock 2 9/15/2008 12:36 AM
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (The Temple Bar Mix) 4:51 U2 The Complete U2 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses Rock
Closer To Free 3:09 The BoDeans Go Slow Down Rock
Lost Highway 4:45 Bon Jovi MTV Unplugged June Rock 3 10/18/2007 7:51 PM
Man In the Moon 4:01 G.B. Leighton Come Alive (Live) Rock 7 8/14/2008 2:34 PM
Falling In Love At a Coffee Shop 4:33 Landon Pigg Coffee Shop - EP Rock 1 4/9/2008 3:34 PM
Better Now 3:15 Collective Soul Youth Alternative & Punk 1 1/29/2008 10:22 AM
Never Know 3:33 Jack Johnson In Between Dreams (iTunes Version) Rock 3 4/6/2008 2:06 PM
Chocolate 3:11 Snow Patrol Final Straw Alternative & Punk
Still the Night 6:35 The BoDeans Homebrewed: Live from the Pabst 1 Alternative & Punk
Angel of Harlem 3:50 U2 Best of 1980-1990 Rock 2 1/29/2008 12:29 AM

Tiny Bubbles in the middle of Springsteen, The Clash, U2, GB Leighton etc...... :lol:
and yes, I have Don Ho on my iPod *misses Hawaii*

I'll have to log itunes this when I'm home next month to check this out.

and because you have a Hawaii connection, I won't point and laugh about Don Ho :flirt:

:barf: :faint: :help: :screwed:

I just got my bill for my student loan. The payments are going to be more than I make in 1 2 week pay period. I don't even make enough to do anything but pay debt so it looks like now I'll get a 2nd job to pay off more debt. What an awesome reason to have to work 2 jobs.....to pay debt. At this rate, I'll never live on my own, I'll drive my same car into the ground, and I'll surely never be able to travel again. :happy:

Even with a 2nd job, I still don't think I can come up with enough a month to make the minimum payment. I'm sooooooooo happy I quit my job to go back to school to do something I love only to make zero money doing it and owe my soul to a loan company. :| I'm seriously considering moving back to my parents asap and going to work with some of my old coworkers in leasing again. Maybe I'll get a part time baking job on the side. :rolleyes:

I don't know. My brother is going to look into it all later today. I'm stupid when it comes to understanding this type of stuff.

So while at work today I decided life would be better if I just came home and had a pity party over this instead of working. After balling on the phone to my mom for a half hour, I told my boss I had to go. So now instead of making money I desperately need, I'm home. But for once my mom agreed with me on something like this and said I just needed a night to pull myself together. I'm going to stop at a few stores to fill out applications later for a second job.

so my boss and everyone at work now thinks I have some sort of family issue. I don't know where they got that from but it works for me. I did mention Roxy to someone that I haven't seen since Thursday, the night Roxy went to the groomer. She asked how cute the doggie was when I got home that night so I told her that she's been sick. I really think something happened at the groomer because she was fine before she went there. But anyways I felt bad that I left. My Chef knew I was upset about something and was leaving the kitchen to make a phone call. We aren't supposed to even have our phones in the kitchen with us but he said that is an unrealistic rule because everyone needs to be in contact with their family in case something comes up. When I got back he wasn't there so I just left but I did tell my coworkers I had a situation at home outside of the dog I needed to deal with. So I emailed him to apologize for leaving without talking to hime first. He told me that family is more important than work and also said when it rains it pours but there will be sun again......

Even though I've had a really crappy few days, I was still able to accomplish a few things to move forward.

I applied to 2 part time jobs here and 3 full time jobs at home. I need to get one of the part time jobs asap, even if I only plan to be there a few weeks. One was a WM. I applied there a few months ago but they weren't hiring. Now they need seasonal stock people, which is what I did last year. The manager tonight was very excited about my availability and the fact that I already know the merchandise, etc. So hopefully that will work out. The other place is a dept store that I'd rather not work at but I'll take what I can get.

The full time jobs are 3 places I'd love to work for. One place had an ad on their website. Another place doesn't give any sort of info on jobs on their site but I sent them a resume anyways. The last place is at a new hotel that my friend works in. If I can get one of these jobs I don't think I'll have a problem finding a part time job, in my field or outside of it. There's actually a lot of part time job openings on my school's website. All I need to do is get a full time job and find someone that has a few days off that can fly here and drive back with me.

I guess I won't get to see the Vikings on Sunday. The Cardinals are playing at the same time. I hope they'll have some sort of summary replay type of a thing on nfl network during the week. I thought nfl network actually showed the full games during the week but it doesn't look like that's the case. :(

ok.....the dog is fine now. She's running and leaping all over the house playing hard to get. My sister wants to go to bed now and is doing her usual chase Roxy all over the place until she finally jumps into bed with her. I'm glad she's better. I didn't like it when she was curled up in a little ball and couldn't move.

Quarterback Gus Frerotte was named the starter over Tarvaris Jackson for the rest of the season, Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said today.

:drool:

:wave: Tarvavis :wave:

Of course now we have to deal with an aging QB that's been around for 15 years. But then again, maybe he'll actually be able to throw the ball.....

In other Vikings news.....my sister's source for tickets at work is unable to get tickets to the Vikings/Cardinals game in Dec. Maybe that's a sign that I won't be here in Dec.

:yikes: to the last few posts except for the good Roxy news.
Has your brother gotten back to you? Your boss sounds like a stand up guy.........thank goodness there are still boss' like that out there.

I can tell you are broken up by the whole Tavaris thing :wink:

Me on vacation this week
Boss on vacation this week
Christmas hire whom boss 'talked up' has not shown up for work :|
Remaining at work elf has been unable to do anything because ^ hasn't shown up for her shifts.
ASM calls one of my previous elves to ask her to work......... She is just happening to be shopping in the store and bumps into ASM and ASM asks her where she has been and says, "I just called you! You're fast". Now this is an elf that I was not allowed to call in for reasons unknown to me officially. I was just told by boss that I was not allowed to call her in.........he alluded to a problem, but said he couldn't tell me the details. In my head I questioned that, cuz there hasn't been a problem before with above mentioned elf........but it was none of my business officially. This elf is the elf who sent me e-mails about the drama with boss, during my last vacation. Elf was horribly upset and I told her that I would bet the farm that boss has never ever involved the other mngrs. he alluded to.
Friday elf will be in the store filling impulse tables and is going to have a nice little chat with ASM about what boss has said to her. ASM had no idea what was going on, I know he hasn't.
I have never worked for a boss that I haven't trusted. I am actually a little afraid of boss.
ASM also talked to elf who was working and asked where this missing elf has been. Elf told him that boss didn't schedule her and she thought that elf was going to talk to ASM. ASM seemed clueless about the drama, again.
Apparently I was correct about whole situation.
shit. fan. hit.

^Is all that confusing enough?

Went to a new Target in the area today. Nice store as usual.
They are selling Hershey Kisses in the flavor Pumpkin Spice............:drool: I may have to stock up. I don't normally like Hershey kisses.

So does that mean the custodian will get more responsiblity? Oh joy :| Sorry about you losing one of your team :( :hug:

Me on vacation this week
Boss on vacation this week
Christmas hire whom boss 'talked up' has not shown up for work :|
Remaining at work elf has been unable to do anything because ^ hasn't shown up for her shifts.
ASM calls one of my previous elves to ask her to work......... She is just happening to be shopping in the store and bumps into ASM and ASM asks her where she has been and says, "I just called you! You're fast". Now this is an elf that I was not allowed to call in for reasons unknown to me officially. I was just told by boss that I was not allowed to call her in.........he alluded to a problem, but said he couldn't tell me the details. In my head I questioned that, cuz there hasn't been a problem before with above mentioned elf........but it was none of my business officially. This elf is the elf who sent me e-mails about the drama with boss, during my last vacation. Elf was horribly upset and I told her that I would bet the farm that boss has never ever involved the other mngrs. he alluded to.
Friday elf will be in the store filling impulse tables and is going to have a nice little chat with ASM about what boss has said to her. ASM had no idea what was going on, I know he hasn't.
I have never worked for a boss that I haven't trusted. I am actually a little afraid of boss.
ASM also talked to elf who was working and asked where this missing elf has been. Elf told him that boss didn't schedule her and she thought that elf was going to talk to ASM. ASM seemed clueless about the drama, again.
Apparently I was correct about whole situation.
shit. fan. hit.

^Is all that confusing enough?

:yikes: I thought you were on vacation!

^ That sounds good :drool:

I just learned that the position of one of my full time employees (who is retiring in November) won't be filled because of the dreaded hiring freeze. Yay. :|

I signed up to go to an Obama campaign volunteer meeting Friday night.

that sucks that you can't even replace someone that's leaving.

:up: on Obama for Friday!

SHARI!!!!!

holy crap I got one fat package in the mail today! I can't wait to listen to everything! :hyper: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the little exta goodies you sent :faint:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

ok so......the dog is fine. Coincidently, my sister's vet tech friend that helped her out with Roxy on the phone the other night, is now in town this week at a vet tech conference. She got in last night and had told my sister that if we didn't feel Roxy needed a vet appoint. she would come over asap when she landed to take her temp and check her out. So my sister went out with her friend tonight and got home about 2 seconds before I did. Roxy was freaking out that we were both home and completely back to her old self. I still can't believe this big hyper dog was curled up in a little ball unable to move. :tsk:

My Chef and everyone at work think I have some sort of dying relative now. :crack: Let them think what they want to think....all I said was I had issues at home on top of a sick puppy so I needed to just go home. That's turned into a dying relative. I called my mom on break today to tell her and she laughed and said to just play along. :crazy: But my Chef came up to me when I got there, put his arm around me and said he was glad to see me today. Then he told me to make sure I fill out the form to get PTO for my time missed yesterday. He really is the nicest guy I've ever worked for but he also doesn't always know how to manage his people so there's a lot of catty fighting that goes on that he ignores. Lots of trips to HR happen in my dept because he just lets the fighting go on without stopping it. I'm just glad he was ok with everything yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom