Random Music Talk XXV: Friggin Cobbler is too Friggin Slow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One would think, yeah.

I am seriously :lmao: at that thread. Oh, my god, people, really? I remember the days when I used to get caught up in debates like that. It got tiring very, very quickly. Plus, my demands of U2 are way too simple to spend all day debating with people over such things.

In other music news, I'm listening to that Lykke Li song from a couple pages back right now, and I kinda like it...

Angela

I'm agreeing a little more with Hollow at this point because while the style of the argument is off-putting, at least this person conceded that No Net had 4-5 good songs. So it's not like we have some Shuttlecock 2000+ straight-up hater. Many people around these parts wouldn't even give it that much credit.
Both styles are very off-putting. I don't even know who I agree with anymore, I'm just angry at everyone and channeling that into headlines like Garrison.

lazarus said:
The new album thread just scarred my soul.

7 pages of straight-up bullshit.

I'm taking another sabbatical.

This was the one I looked in. I honestly cant understand someone visiting the forum everyday to wade through that stuff. It's like Lord of the Flies meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest over there

This was the one I looked in. I honestly cant understand someone visiting the forum everyday to wade through that stuff. It's like Lord of the Flies meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest over there

Coincidentally, those are two of the books we were assigned to read in Junior year of high school.

Inconsequential, but I just thought I'd share.

I had to look. I still don't know what the argument's about, but the side comments, the headlines and the title had me laughing pretty good.

I'm loving the random pictures thrown in myself. And the constant, obsessive mention of a certain other band. I think we should make a list sometime of all the artists who get mentioned as much as, if not more often than, U2 around here :p.

I can easily see where that thread would get annoying to some people, but I am loving it, myself. It's pure comedy gold *Grabs popcorn*.

Angela

Reggo said:
I had to look. I still don't know what the argument's about, but the side comments, the headlines and the title had me laughing pretty good.

Garrison's Wrangler headline made me laugh

On the plus side, I think we actually have had separate threads started (and remained open) when actual news has come out. Not that there's been one for a while, but I think that's a nice change, given the state of insanity.

On the plus side, I think we actually have had separate threads started (and remained open) when actual news has come out. Not that there's been one for a while, but I think that's a nice change, given the state of insanity.

But each of those threads begins with, "We've already been discussing this in :blahblah:"

I like how people have to go into one of multiple threads on the same topic to announce how annoyed they are that there are multiple threads on the same topic. How about just...not posting? Less chance of one of those threads surviving that way.

On the subject of Garrison, in the "When to expect a single" thread, the bit about the Griswolds and their lights and stuff had me absolutely dying.

Angela

Sometimes my head hurts reading those Garrison stories, because I feel like my reading comprehension is lacking. Sort of like when I read this sentence:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

It's like Lord of the Flies meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest over there

Yeah, I'd throw in Kindergarten Cop as well. But this time it is a tumor.

You all realize this is the reason that Shuttlecock was started in the first place, right? To get away from these people and the endless circular arguments?

Yeah, I'd throw in Kindergarten Cop as well. But this time it is a tumor.

You all realize this is the reason that Shuttlecock was started in the first place, right? To get away from these people and the endless circular arguments?

Shame BVS forgot about that.

Oh, I remember. I was there. The reason we called it Shuttlecock was so that it wouldn't get moved. Then it got moved, so I stopped calling it Shuttlecock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom