Random Music Talk XCV: Laz Is The Larry Bird Of Being A Son Of A Bitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently spring has come to Seattle. 45 degrees and the airport is full of people in shorts and short sleeves.

It was almost 60 yesterday, and upper 50s this coming week. (Although with rain.) Yay!

Just saw the news. Are the minions in the other place going crazy?

It started off with lovely unity in our fan rage. Then it went off the rails a little bit.

It's summery here too. Yay.

In other news, I've been getting into The Avalanches this past week. Since I Left You is a classic. The title track has been stuck in my head for days.

Just saw the news. Are the minions in the other place going crazy?

minionsNew-617x400.jpg

Starting tomorrow, it's basically going to be 40 degrees and up every day, so that's nice. Well, not exactly "nice" but it's fucking Palm Springs compared to what it's been like.

Not to mention there are too many weird articles that treat U2 as a religion and try to read way too much theology into practically anything they've done.

Yeah I saw a couple of those, some weird shit.

I've listened to Tycho's last two albums over the past few days and thought they were very good. Gonna be a favorite artist of mine this summer, I think.

:up: the new one is pretty much exactly the same as the last one, but the music is so good it doesn't bother me. Perfect chilled background music.

It's summery here too. Yay.

In other news, I've been getting into The Avalanches this past week. Since I Left You is a classic. The title track has been stuck in my head for days.

:up: the whole album is absolutely glorious.

So far I've learned two things from twitter.

1) the random-ass bands that follow you for no apparent rhyme or reason, all suck. Which is probably why they go around following random people with no apparent rhyme or reason in the first place.

2) the one song on spotify off the new menzingers album that I can't read 5 tweets without seeing hype for, is really good.

On a completely unrelated note, after 15 years of living in New England, I'm really fed up with the shitty pizza selections around here. Either you get it by the slice and it's just crap, or they're fucked up stupid pizzas with French fries and BBQ sauce, or you get a whole pie that's round but for some inexplicable reason cut into squares and is also crap. It's probably a good thing, cos it leads to me almost never eating pizza, and I already eat plenty of things that are bad for me. But I'd really like a decent slice of pizza and unless I drive to NY I jus don't see that happening.

I can't. I was always in the pink starfish group when we did swimming at school. It went blue dolphin, brown shark, red fish, pink starfish. It was very humiliating.

I really, really, really fucking love the song "Main Street" by Bob Seger.

Me too.

I also can't stand this Thirty Seconds to Mars song. Learning that Jared Leto is their lead singer only makes it worse for some reason.

Good riddance.

Although most of my hatred for them comes from the fact that I lost my keys during their set (and missed most of brmc's cos I was too busy trying to find my keys), not really much to do with the band themselves. I wasn't a fan, but without the whole lost keys thing I'd probably just be indifferent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom