Random Music Talk LXXXVIII: Don't mention your vacations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, it's not really that great :shrug:

Listen to it more than once, it definitely gets better. Not all albums do, but that one does.

I think part of the reason it wasn't being championed all over the board is that Cobblerino wasn't feeling it at first but he has since changed his mind. Dude goes fucking nuts when he loves an album.

I'm just getting irked that this is about to turn into a 3rd thread dedicated to the greatness of Kanye West's 4th or 5th best album.

It's still less annoying than which lead single would have been a better choice for NLOTH, but only slightly...

Honestly, now I feel bad for even saying anything. I don't like it when people forum police and that honestly wasn't my intention. People should talk about what they enjoy, musically, in here. Sorry for spoiling everyone's good time.

Honestly, now I feel bad for even saying anything. I don't like it when people forum police and that honestly wasn't my intention. People should talk about what they enjoy, musically, in here. Sorry for spoiling everyone's good time.

Kanye is one of those artists like LCD Soundsystem, The National, Arcade Fire, etc. that permeates B&C. Couple that with his media saturation and, if you're not feeling the music, I can understand why you would get sick of him.

I notice that the 20/20 Experience Part 1 singles had no b-sides.

Puts Part 2 into perspective. :barf:

IF SEX IS A CONTEST YOU'RE COMING FIRST

I GOT YOU SAYING JESUS SO MUCH IT'S LIKE WE LAYIN IN A MANGER

Jay-Z dedicated a stanza of his guest verse to discussing Yoko Ono's vagina.

Now JT is singing that he wants to fly me away on a big ol' pair of wings.

Keep Take Back the Night, You Got It On and Amnesia, they're all really good, and kill the rest with fire, then salt the earth.

I don't think people eat up those lyrics by Kanye. At least, I don't think they do. We're all laughing at shit like that, right?

For Part 2's lyrics, I think R Kelly and The-Dream are probably better points of comparison.

I forgot to mention that Drink You Away kinda sounds like Kid Rock.

Jay-Z dedicated a stanza of his guest verse to discussing Yoko Ono's vagina.

I must admit that I laughed at those lines, at least as I read them in the Pitchfork review.

I also liked Yeezus. There were some proclaiming it a landmark work of the 21st century in that particular thread as well. So yeah, the reaction has been pretty strong in the positive direction.

I have a best-of from J&MC, but after hearing that track on your DI, Bonoz212, I need to hear some of their albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom