Random Music Talk LXXXVIII: Don't mention your vacations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I 'm digging the new Crocodiles record quite a bit. For those of you who like a bit of jangly pop-sounding rockish music, you might want to check out Crocodiles. Sleep Forever is one of my fave records of the past few years. Summer of Hate is okay. The new one is Crimes of Passion. I didn't buy Endless Flowers. I might pick it up when I see them at the Echo in November.

I still can't think of them as anything but that band that DESPERATELY wanted to show how dark and dreary they were when they opened for The Horrors, by having all of the lights off during their performance and staring at the ground during the entire show. Your description of their music is not what I remember.

:hmm: I'll have to keep a lookout for that one.

The only Trappist beer that I've had was quite delicious:

orval.jpg

I've seen this around; I'll pick one up next time i see it. (Which means the new time I go to Whole Foods.)

This, my pets, is a non-music related post.

This is delicious, and therein lies its danger. Imbibe, drink, and enjoy at your own risk, and certainly not whilst contemplating operating any kind of motorized vehicle. Carry on, fellow travelers.

I should be just fine in 20 minutes or so.

Pretty sure I've had that before, but either didn't like it or was fairly inebriated when I tried it (and dont remember it) and am mixing it up with another Trappist brew i didn't like

Yeah, I still listen to U2's October on the first day of October. Deal with it.

I'd actually love to see him try to explain his thoughts on this one, in great detail.

Having virtually no interest in breaking bad, and therefore not reading the thread, I know there's a joke here I'm missing.

Someone said the phrase "super serious" in vent while I was playing video games, and for a brief moment supernatural superserious was stuck in my head. But it's gone now, back to cocksparrer's "I've got your number," which I've been trying to shake for about 4 days now. It won't leave, yet I don't think I've listened to cocksparrer in at least a month.

http://youtu.be/Vq85vxM2DoY

Still not sure why it keeps getting stuck in my head. I see it's on the jackass 3 soundtrack, but I assure you I've never seen a single jackass movie or anything.

Dan Hardy version...of England Belongs to me...lol. I assume he's just hiding in the choruses here. That amuses me greatly, though. Don't really know shit about Hardy other than Condit ko'd him, and he has WPW (which is one of those things I'm afraid of one day not catching on an EKG, thinking it to be a regular SVT, and making much worse when I push adenosine. Good thing it's rare).

I really like the new Of Montreal album. It's the exact opposite of the last one in every way, and I liked that one as well. After Hissing Fauna, I didn't really care for the direction they went in, but now Barnes sounds like he's in a pretty good creative place, just doing whatever he feels like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom