Random Music Talk LXXXVI: SCUBA Is Reporting for Duty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sketch alone proves you wrong. Cleese's absence notwithstanding, it still had some golden moments. The ant episode immediately comes to mind.

Anybody have one of those U2girl's PMs that are being mentioned in the new album thread? My morbid curiosity is getting the best of me.

I got one once, and mine was basically an argumentative response to something I said in a thread. Why she couldn't have posted it in the thread is beyond me. Then when I tried to respond to tell her as much, I got the message that she doesn't/can't receive PMs.

Super annoying and ridiculous.

I got one once, and mine was basically an argumentative response to something I said in a thread. Why she couldn't have posted it in the thread is beyond me. Then when I tried to respond to tell her as much, I got the message that she doesn't/can't receive PMs.

She went after you too?

This has gone too far; there are probably like 20 people she's had problems with.

Ha! I got one of these once! Same thing. I told her to post what she sent in the thread if she wanted me to respond. Otherwise fuck off

I wouldn't even say she "went after me." I'd say she just did her U2Girl thing with me. My comment to her was slightly bitchy (shocking), and if she wanted to call me out on that (which her post barely did anyway - it just read like a regular response), fine, I deserved it.

But to do it via PM when I couldn't even respond is just obnoxious.

Ha! I got one of these once! Same thing. I told her to post what she sent in the thread if she wanted me to respond.
Otherwise fuck off

And i thought the u2 community were friendly and warm to each other...just like the GA line before a gig.I guess the internet world and the real world are 2 different planets

Speaking of job applications, as we were a few days ago, I just got a resume from a woman who listed her child rearing years as "Domestic Engineer." Don't do that.

I don't know, really. In this case, the woman is clearly a professional woman with a long and impressive work history. I wouldn't have even noticed the gap except for the unfortunate description of that period which was 30 years ago and, frankly, I don't care what she was doing then anyway, but I'm hardly an expert interviewer or anything. Seems like something along the lines of "personal sabbatical" which can then be explained during the interview is good enough.

Yeah, and I would be absolutely fine with seeing that on a résumé, not that I'm in a position to be hiring anyone.

I would bet some job seekers would worry about that being perceived as "not being serious about their career," but I guess it beats an unexplained gap in work history.

And i thought the u2 community were friendly and warm to each other...just like the GA line before a gig.I guess the internet world and the real world are 2 different planets

Send me a passive aggressive pm and you can enjoy similar treatment :)

I can. Before the days of electricity, I taped every single episode on vhs, then hand-indexed them on notepaper. I should know my references.

I only stopped using this system about 6 or 7 years ago :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom