Random Music Talk LXXIV: No witty reference, but at least it's not Cobbler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was rear-ended in September (not my fault, the other driver claimed responsibility on the spot) and it has been really stressful. I'm still harassed by the insurance adjuster weekly. We play phone tag but somehow it's always my fault whenever we haven't actually talked and I get threats like, "If I don't hear from you by Friday I will assume you are no longer interested in your personal injury claim and I will close this claim without payment" as though I hadn't returned the calls previously and done my part. I hate them. They even sent a "special investigator" to my chiropractor's office unannounced to...what? Spy on me? To see if my chiropractor was a real person? And this is for a claim where the dollar value is so little I'm not even sure it's worth it, and maybe that's why they're harassing me, just to try to get rid of me.

I guess that didn't make you feel any better. Other people I know - most people I know - have had easy-breezy experiences, so hopefully you will, too.

The good news is always that it could have been worse.

I just have no clue what she'll say in her statement. I honestly didn't really know what happened, and she didn't act like she did either. Neither of us saw each other. Maybe she'll say I hit her since she's the only one with any damage to her car and say I admitted it on the spot (obviously didn't happen). Who knows. Sucks just having to play the "who knows what is happening behind the scenes" game, and hope people you don't know will be honest.

I've always been overly paranoid and extra careful in situations like that, when I'm backing out of my spot in crowded parking lots. It seems like some of those fucking lots are designed so that people will back into eachother. It's bullshit. Good luck with all the insurance hassle, mofo.

I've been rocking Eric B. and Rakim most of the day, but seems like I need to break out the Bjork.

Happy Burfday, Peef.

Random Bjork Talk. This is a positive development.

There are spots in Homogenic where I feel like you can hear Bat for Lashes being born, which only enhances my love for that record.

I just have no clue what she'll say in her statement. I honestly didn't really know what happened, and she didn't act like she did either. Neither of us saw each other. Maybe she'll say I hit her since she's the only one with any damage to her car and say I admitted it on the spot (obviously didn't happen). Who knows. Sucks just having to play the "who knows what is happening behind the scenes" game, and hope people will be honest.

more car talk
Yeah, I see what you mean. But, worst case scenario, somehow you get blamed and have to take responsibility, that's what your insurance is for. If you have even the basic required level of insurance coverage, this will be taken care of. A hassle, but it's really going to be taken care of one way or the other.

A friend of mine rear-ended someone, was at fault, and her premium did not go up. I don't think premiums automatically go up with one claim during a given period. I'm sure it just depends. And this kind of parking lot incident must happen all the time.

Also, if you haven't already done so, get your car checked out by one of your insurance company's contracted mechanics. There could be damage underneath. Everyone advised me to do this even though there wasn't any visible damage, and it was good advice. They took the bumper off and found $1,500 worth of damage underneath that corresponded with my statement about the accident (I said it felt like the impact was more on the driver's side, and indeed that's where the damage was). Only when they held the bumper up to the light, in just the right light at the right angle, could they see any indication of impact visible on the bumper, but there was a large dent underneath.

That's true. I backed into my neighbour's Jag a few months ago and you could see a tiny scratch on his car if you looked right up close.

Ended up costing me $390, cos they had to remove the entire bumper and re-spray it.

mofo ramming into senior citizens in the parking lot, on the other hand, comes as a bit of a surprise.

Mofo, while discussing the accident face to face, you probably could have knocked her out cold, and because of her age, she wouldn't have remembered your face, your car, maybe even what happened entirely.

Just sayin'.

Somehow, cobbler being a really bad driver doesn't surprise me whatsoever.

I'm a great driver, actually. The incident above happened because I was severely sleep-deprived.

Mofo, while discussing the accident face to face, you probably could have knocked her out cold, and because of her age, she wouldn't have remembered your face, your car, maybe even what happened entirely.

Just sayin'.

This made me laugh quite a bit.

I just have no clue what she'll say in her statement. I honestly didn't really know what happened, and she didn't act like she did either. Neither of us saw each other. Maybe she'll say I hit her since she's the only one with any damage to her car and say I admitted it on the spot (obviously didn't happen). Who knows. Sucks just having to play the "who knows what is happening behind the scenes" game, and hope people you don't know will be honest.

Unfortunately I'd expect thats exactly what she'll say, that you backed into her and you'll have to fight it. Some years ago I was driving in the left lane of a divided 4 lane road, an old couple was travelling in the right lane a few feet ahead of me and suddenly the old codger gentleman driving decided he'd like to turn left from the right lane, no signal, cut right across my path and of course we collided...he apologized and we exchanged papers. A few days later my insurance company informed me I was at fault and required to pay the deductible since I hit him from behind. Thats what the old coot gentleman put in his report to his insurance company conveniently leaving out his little illegal turn discretion. I had a battle on my hands...not fun...moral of the story, people suck and expect the worst from the biddy sweet old woman you encountered today.

And Miley came out on the Twitter and was all like "Fuckin stop cutting yourselves because of Justin Bieber. It's stupid."

Ha, yes I did.

I wonder if Bieber is one of those cats who can't handle his weed and just sits there on the couch totally silent for two hours.

Sorry about your parking lot accident, mofo. I fear for my life every time I enter the Whole Foods or Trader Joe's parking lots here.

My aunt simply refuses to go to Trader Joe's because of the horrifying parking lot. I was sad about that. She's a nice person and deserves to go to Trader Joe's.

And 4chan started #cutforbieber on twitter, and now there's pictures of girls cutting themselves! :happy:

I saw this on Tumblr and I sincerely thought it couldn't be real, but it was.

What a world, when one celebrity's actions influence thousands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom