Random Music Talk LVI: Featuring Hologram Shouter and NSW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotye our first billboard #1 since Savage Garden in 2000.

Well done Australia on claiming Belgian feat. New Zealander as your own.

No, in seriousness, I think it's pretty cool. When I first saw Kimbra live in a little club I thought "she's going to go far", but not this far and especially not this fast.

The odds were in her favor being that hot. Plus she's got pipes. I greatly enjoyed the set of hers I caught at SX for all the right and all the wrong reasons.

Thinking of purchasing Disraeli Gears. Would you all say it's worth it, or should I just Spotify it to satisfy my curiosity?

Thinking of purchasing Disraeli Gears. Would you all say it's worth it, or should I just Spotify it to satisfy my curiosity?

Spotify it. Good album, but the hits tower above the rest, as is often the case for Cream.

Wheels of Fire is my favorite Cream album, fwiw, just because I dig their live performances more than the studio work. They were far less creative with their production than many of their peers. Listen to Are You Experienced and compare it to Fresh Cream and you can hear the difference.

Completely slipped my mind, but after scanning the wiki I remembered why it was so imperative

Eric Clapton
Pete Townshend
Ronnie Wood
Steve Windwood
etc.

performing

Layla
Badge
Little Wing
Bell Bottom Blues
Let It Rain
Crossroads
etc.

I'm going to drop what I'm doing and listen right now.

Yeah, the vinyl track listing blows. Nearly everything I'm interested in hearing is on the remaster.

Why the hell did they start the concert with Layla? That's suicide.

2013-Coachella-Hologram-Festival.jpg

iron yuppie said:
I know that Blur has its fair share of devoted fans, but is a 21-disc set really necessary for this particular band?

* SPOILER *

I can't really think of it being necessary for any band. And I neither have I.

Axver said:
21 discs? Christ.

Still, that's got nothing on the Merzbox.

Japanese dude who releases 100 disc sets of static and bleeps, is it?

Martha, this is the worst version of Bell Bottom Blues I've ever heard. Eric keeps forgetting lyrics and it's played at like 1/4 speed. Reminds me of U2's Walk On performances from the past couple tours.

Otherwise, this concert has kicked ass so far and was a great recommendation. Can't wait for Let It Rain and Crossroads.

EDIT: Pete Townshend just told the crowd that Eric Clapton has STDs. Awesome.

Maybe I could finally watch her videos with the sound on :up:

That's the worst picture of her imaginable and one of the least newsworthy articles I've ever seen btw

Internet "journalism" at its finest. The headline cracks me up.

Do you think that the person that wrote that article and came up with the headline actually gets paid?

We should start a blog or something. I'll bet we can come up with higher quality crap than that.

Internet "journalism" at its finest. The headline cracks me up.

Do you think that the person that wrote that article and came up with the headline actually gets paid?

We should start a blog or something. I'll bet we can come up with higher quality crap than that.

David Bowie Spotted Somewhere On Earth: "No Album Expected Soon" (per everyone)

Tupac Shakur: The Man Behind The Hologram

Why Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Will Last Forever (they both like fur, diamonds, have a dark skin tone, etc. continued on page 47)

Separated At Birth: Do Will Ferrell and Chad Smith Look Alike Or Is It Just Me

Bigfoot guest article: I Ran Into Bono Today, Expect To Produce New U2 Album

Popcrush really is a goldmine of shitty shit

JOSHUA LEDET MADE US BELIEVE WITH FANTASIA’S ‘I BELIEVE’ ON ‘AMERICAN IDOL’
SELENA GOMEZ + JUSTIN BIEBER SMOOCH AT LAKER GAME
RYAN SEACREST RELEASES STATEMENT ABOUT THE PASSING OF DICK CLARK
WATCH ONE DIRECTION IMPERSONATE ONE ANOTHER
SNOOP DOGG + TUPAC SHAKUR + NOTORIOUS B.I.G. AMONG INTERACTIVE HIP-HOP TRADING CARDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom