Random Music Talk CXXVIII: Cobbler's 42 Hat Sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with all of this. Stevie definitely hit a wall after Hotter Than July. Or more specifically, after the four new tracks on Original Musiquarium, which range from decent (That Girl) to classic (Ribbon In The Sky). But after that, it's tough to compile even a single CD length of great tracks from him. Really, only Overjoyed and Go Home come to mind, maybe a couple of things from the Jungle Fever soundtrack. And he hasn't nearly released as much either, which makes it even more surprising. Prince may have had some valleys in his career, but with the amount of output he had, that's not surprising. Stevie has released what, six albums after 1982? You'd think with that much time in between he could have put together something substantial. Makes Prince that much more of a wonder.

I blame Ebony & Ivory.

Thank you for this response, but most importantly, for ending it with an acknowledgment of one of Macca's numerous crimes against good taste.

John Lennon was lucky to not live long enough to witness it.

I've listened to some bizarre shit in my day, but I think Throbbing Gristle's "20 Jazz Funk Greats" is the new champ of weirdness. And apparently it's the most accessible of their albums.

The Whole of the Moon has absolutely become one of my all-time favourite songs since the U2 shows down under in late 2019. Tied to such wonderful memories, it makes me feel so happy.

The Whole of the Moon has absolutely become one of my all-time favourite songs since the U2 shows down under in late 2019. Tied to such wonderful memories, it makes me feel so happy.

I'm not even gonna lie, about 1/3rd of the reason I went to see U2 in San Diego was JUST that they were walking out to that song.

1/3rd was Beck. The other 1/3rd was to see U2.

The band knows how to make an entrance, that is for sure.

The Whole of the Moon gives me nostalgic oomph, I saw the band in Amsterdam after wrapping up a four month cycle between Italy, France, and there in the Netherlands where I was working on an ESA academic project detailing a mission campaign to return to the moon.

For my team, two months later when we finished the full project, I rigged the last slide in our PowerPoint to play the song... because we’d just devoted six months of our lives doing 60-100 hour weeks with our eyes and minds on the moon.

Can someone tell me the name of the song that U2 walks out to on the Vertigo tour? Thank you.

I've attempted to spin Little Oblivions and it's just not doing much for me. I quite like parts of several songs, Hardline and Relative Fiction stick out, but like LM, I've not really been moved by anything since Sprained Ankle.

I was just searching for something and after clicking on a result found myself smack in the middle of the old In Rainbows thread, and read about 10 pages to see everyone's initial reactions and the debate that followed, plus that hilarious My Little Pony album cover.

A lot of now-MIA veterans in that thread, too.

Good times.

How do people feel about King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard? A prolific Aussie psych-rock band, I think their music is fine but nothing super appealing, but I did catch this film clip on Rage the other day and thought it was awesome:

I'd rather listen to the first two Tame Impala albums than anything they've done (Currents isn't really comparable), but I appreciate them for trying new things and giving their fans so much music.

I know, I listened to it again about a month ago. There's something special about that album. With its brilliant psychedelic production and top notch hooks, it's like a super cohesive greatest hits.

I hope GAF is celebrating right now as our girl Tay not only won her historic 3rd Album of the Year award, but more importantly stopped Coldplay from winning their first.

Truly a queen.

^ it does, however, record towards the end. Good album.

I also listened to the Arlo Parks joint and it's quite good. I actually preferred the deeper cuts to the singles, but I was quite taken with how accessible it is in terms of its lyricism, it felt universal and resonated. And the music's great.

Really excited about this: Hiatus Kaiyote announce new album Mood Valiant

Australia's own neo-soul group. First song is killer:

Ha, Cruel Summer came on, this album fucking rules. It's so fun. Remember when Kanye wasn't insane and he made a stupid, good label record where he rapped shit like "Francis Ford CORCOPPOLA" and "Mitt Romney don't pay TA"?!

Ha, Cruel Summer came on, this album fucking rules. It's so fun. Remember when Kanye wasn't insane and he made a stupid, good label record where he rapped shit like "Francis Ford CORCOPPOLA" and "Mitt Romney don't pay TA"?!
R Kelly and the God of rap
Shittin on you
Holy crap

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

I was excited when I saw that Weyes Blood has a cameo, but Chemtrails Over the Country Club is nowhere near as good as Norman Fucking Rockwell. The melodies are...just not there. And maybe I'm less willing to be sympathetic towards her after the stupid things she said recently.

Terrible album cover too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom