Random Music Talk CI - That's When I Reach For My Refresh Button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"You've put out three albums since our last one and don't you actually write your own songs? what's your secret?"

"You've put out three albums since our last one and don't you actually write your own songs? what's your secret?"

I'll take this one, GAF.

Taylor Swift - All songs written by Taylor Swift. (With a little help)
Fearless - All songs written by Taylor Swift. (With a little help)
Speak Now - All songs written and composed by Taylor Swift.
Red - All songs written by Taylor Swift. (With a little help)
1989 -....:shrug:, but "Shake it Off" was apparently written by Swift and two others.

right, my caption is implying that since she doesn't have someone just write all the music for her, bono is inquiring how she's put out so many albums in the same time it took them to release one...re-read it if you're thinking i'm shittalking anyone other than u2.

right, my caption is implying that since she doesn't have someone just write all the music for her, bono is inquiring how she's put out so many albums in the same time it took them to release one...re-read it if you're thinking i'm shittalking anyone other than u2.

Haha no I knew what you were saying. My response didn't mean anything, just wanted to call them The 2 again. I still get a kick out of that, for some reason.

That was some dyslexia on my part. Whoops! Read it as, "you don't actually write your own songs...". My bad.

Let's not get distracted though because the real point here is that PhilsFan should be behind the mixing boards for U2.

I don't feel the need to elaborate on my drunken rant from last night, as some of the other users here have already defended some of the finer points of what I was saying. As for the broader, more judgmental strokes, I stand by the spirit of that as well. The world is a cruel place :shrug: Though made less so by the enduring message of love from The Beatles!

He'll make sure Edge finds his balls again and doesn't give us uninspired crap like the solos on Magnificock and Moment of Service.

I'll take this one, GAF.

Taylor Swift - All songs written by Taylor Swift. (With a little help)
Fearless - All songs written by Taylor Swift. (With a little help)
Speak Now - All songs written and composed by Taylor Swift.
Red - All songs written by Taylor Swift. (With a little help)
1989 -....:shrug:, but "Shake it Off" was apparently written by Swift and two others.

I think you mean "with a little help from her friends". #beatles #beatlesforever #fabfour #sgtpeppers #john #paul #george #ringo #blessed

Agreed with this to an extent, but I think The Beatles transcend music generations, specifically from the latter half of their career. Their music, lyrics, and use of imagery connect with people of all ages. Case in point - my 9 year old daughter. After hearing me play a lot of Beatles music, she asked for ten songs to be added to her iPod:

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Strawberry Fields Forever
Penny Lane
Hello Goodbye
I Am The Walrus
Hey Jude
Yellow Submarine
Eleanor Rigby
Octopus's Garden
Let It Be

Not bad for a 9 year old girl.
Which I mentioned in my last couple of points, there's going to always be some music fans (certainly as long as any of us grace this planet) who will become fans of the Beatles on some level, your daughter is a case in point, but as time goes on that percentage of the population will continue to shrink some.

Pretty good selection of 10 songs for an adult, very good for a 9 yr old.

That was some dyslexia on my part. Whoops! Read it as, "you don't actually write your own songs...". My bad.

I just wanted to make sure I made that known before gaf came in and lost his mind misread it as well.

if iPods existed when I was 9, that's awfully similar to what I'd have gone with. But alas they did not, and mine was only a mix tape.

I don't feel the need to elaborate on my drunken rant from last night, as some of the other users here have already defended some of the finer points of what I was saying. As for the broader, more judgmental strokes, I stand by the spirit of that as well. The world is a cruel place :shrug: Though made less so by the enduring message of love from The Beatles!

I definitely understood your message. I made sure to play the Beatles for my daughter on the way to her daycare to try to reverse any of the damage that's been done in her first 5 years of life. :D

I definitely understood your message. I made sure to play the Beatles for my daughter on the way to her daycare to try to reverse any of the damage that's been done in her first 5 years of life. :D

The effects of Barney and The Wiggles are unfortunately irreversible.

Dang. As some of you may remember, I was a huge Chicago fan 1000 years ago. 25 or 6 to 4 has been a favorite of mine since forever, and it still is. It came on my work computer this morning, so I thought I'd share it all with you this evening. I found this version, which is quite blistering. It's seven minutes long; you don't have to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXb8ZDuICCs

Back
Top Bottom