Random Crack Music Talk XC: The Infatuation Of Yeezus' Yayo By The Blowhard Rob Ford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nokia Theatre? Damn them. I thought I got their emails. Plus, I already have plans for Valentine's Day, dammit. But a four day weekend in the middle of nowhere beats even that, so I guess I'm good.

Dammit.

It's not the Nokia. It's a newly renovated theater here http://www.acehotel.com/losangeles

Also, I had the on sale info wrong, the Presale is Wednesday and is a GoldenVoice sale so if you are on their mailing list you should receive the password tomorrow. Or just check Scenestar's site.

Anyone hear listen to any good music podcasts? I know about All Songs Considered, but I haven't been having a ton of luck otherwise. Any recommendations?

Re: R. Kelly - I'm probably going to keep listening to his music, just like I still listen to Jackson's music, even though I basically think he's (allegedly) one of the worst people to have ever lived.

So far it's OK I guess. This whole Rush vs U2 thing is really out of hand though. I haven't heard anything that makes me want to jump out of my chair like several U2 songs do.

I avoid the U2 parts of the board, so I tend to not really understand how that's a real thing. Musically they're apples and oranges, or probably even more distantly related like bread and olives or something.

Re: R. Kelly - I'm probably going to keep listening to his music, just like I still listen to Jackson's music, even though I basically think he's (allegedly) one of the worst people to have ever lived.

I don't see them as entirely analogous situations to be honest, especially given what seems to be the rather overwhelming actual evidence in R Kelly's case, but probably not worth getting into for the millionth time.

Life is such a crazy cruel ride sometimes. Aaliyah dies, R Kelly lives. :down:

I avoid the U2 parts of the board, so I tend to not really understand how that's a real thing. Musically they're apples and oranges, or probably even more distantly related like bread and olives or something.

Couldn't agree more. I love U2. I like Rush. I can't see how they ever got compared to one another, though.

Fortunately, neither of them made/currently make music I've ever or will ever enjoy, so I don't have to make that distinction. About a year and a half ago I had tickets to one of the blood for blood reunion shows, about 2 weeks before the show a story came out that the singer was accused of sexually assaulting a 13 year old at a BBQ. The band tossed him out and cancelled the shows. I can still listen to the band under the guise that Buddha was just the singer and Rob Lind the actual brain of the band as he's the guy who wrote all the songs, and it was always his project. Had he been the scumbag, I'd have definitely felt forced to disown one of my favorite bands. Although sometimes I think it might make me as delusional as the people who claim they only like the first skrewdriver album and therefore aren't racist.

I want a new street dogs album, and I want it to be good. Like Fading American Dream good. Which is never going to happen.

Do you want them to write in third person and not mention God or injustice?

I'm missing something here.

Never mind, I see it had something to do with the U2 parts of the board (googled god injustice third person and halfway down the page was some link to a new album thread that I'm never going to read).

Ok I lied, I'm reading it. What the fuck?

Why anyone wants to go to the ER for nonsense knee pain at 2am in 8 degree weather is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom