Random Crack Music Talk XC: The Infatuation Of Yeezus' Yayo By The Blowhard Rob Ford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the song "Team." The rest of that album kind of went by me. Maybe it will be more interesting when she has something to talk about.

So there's a new venue/hotel opening in downtown Los Angeles, and they're having Spiritualized play Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space in its entirety, with a full orchestra and choir.

FUCK YES.

Fresh off of me picking up the 10th anni Rounds reissue last night, Four Tet has thrown a ton of unreleased material up on Twitter in FlyLo-esque fashion.

Thanks everyone for the kind words :). Turned in my last two projects today. Just have an exam tonight and a showcase I have to attend for a client project I did for my capstone project and then I'm done for real. At this point, though, there's nothing else I really have to do, the exam tonight is a fluff piece in a class I already have a strong A in. I'm happy. Let's all dance together. I heard "Afterlife" on the radio on my way home and that's just dandy.

Lol 4.6k capacity venue on the back of one boring song.

:up:

Darkside is the same night as Disclosure next month and I dunno what to do with myself.

Haven't seen Darkside yet, early next year, but I can't imagine them being better than Disclosure. I saw them at a festival and it was ridiculously good, so I'd strongly recommend Disclosure.

Why is this article making the rounds today? It's not like this is some shocking revelation. How anyone didn't know he was a total creeper, I don't know. Part of the reason why I had no problem leaving his set early at Pitchfork, though I did stay for Ignition Remix, cause I really do like that song, despite everything else.

From what I understand there's a lot more detail in this article than we've ever heard before, and it's a four-page interview with the journo who followed the story.

Haven't seen Darkside yet, early next year, but I can't imagine them being better than Disclosure. I saw them at a festival and it was ridiculously good, so I'd strongly recommend Disclosure.

By the time the shows come around, the Coachella lineup is going to be out, so I'ma roll with whichever one isn't playing there.

It's on Valentine's Day in DTLA. There's a presale tomorrow if you sign up for the Theater website I believe. The General Sale is Wednesday.

Nokia Theatre? Damn them. I thought I got their emails. Plus, I already have plans for Valentine's Day, dammit. But a four day weekend in the middle of nowhere beats even that, so I guess I'm good.

Dammit.

Why is this article making the rounds today? It's not like this is some shocking revelation. How anyone didn't know he was a total creeper, I don't know. Part of the reason why I had no problem leaving his set early at Pitchfork, though I did stay for Ignition Remix, cause I really do like that song, despite everything else.

I only knew about the "pee incident." I had no idea that he was apparently a total sexual predator and had hurt so many young girls. (Not that just the one is in any way okay.)

Not that I was a fan or ever paid much attention (never seen Trapped In the Closet, am totally fine with that), but I had no idea he was such a foul excuse for a human being.

So all the repeated Rush talk made me realize that I've never actually listened to them. I'm going to listen to a few songs and report back.

Dammit. I do consider myself an R Kelly fan, but I had no idea the extent of this stuff. I was under the impression (like many people) that it was one incident, he was acquitted, and then there was the bizarre Aaliyah thing that no one could really make sense of so why worry about it.

I'm definitely sitting here rethinking my entire impression of this man after reading that, especially the part about Aaliyah's mom. Ugh.

Huh...I guess I'm not sure why I thought this was common knowledge, then. I know that I've been calling him a pedophile for years, but maybe that's because I live in the Chicago area. Maybe it was a bigger story here.

Huh...I guess I'm not sure why I thought this was common knowledge, then. I know that I've been calling him a pedophile for years, but maybe that's because I live in the Chicago area. Maybe it was a bigger story here.
From what I've caught up on today, I think you're correct. It seems like people in the Chicago area were way more caught up on this than others. Because I too knew little to none of this before I read that article today.

Dammit. I do consider myself an R Kelly fan, but I had no idea the extent of this stuff. I was under the impression (like many people) that it was one incident, he was acquitted, and then there was the bizarre Aaliyah thing that no one could really make sense of so why worry about it.

I'm definitely sitting here rethinking my entire impression of this man after reading that, especially the part about Aaliyah's mom. Ugh.

I've really only ever known I Believe I Can Fly and Ignition Remix, the latter of which I love just about as much as Hey Ya!

But now...

"Once I get you out them clothes / privacy is on the door / but still they can hear you screaming more / girl I'm feelin whatchu feelin / no more hopin and wishin / I'm about to take my key and / stick it in the, the ignition"

:( What a prick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom