Radiohead: The King of Limbs, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it's weird that Earnie Shavers came in here with these tidbits of information that seemingly nobody else has heard anything about.

Yeah, I don't see any mention of either of those stories on At Ease or Greenplastic, but both of them seem logical, I suppose. KoL does not seem like the kind of album that lends itself to a large-scale tour. Maybe a small-venue tour will happen, kind of like Thom's "Atoms for Peace" shows.

...oh...I see. Thanks.

Nobody else cares about these claims of no touring and a From The Basement-esque live performance?

What the fuck is going on?

Please look into the time differences between the US and NSW, and you'll understand why he didn't reply.

And as to the speculation, apparently Radiohead fans who truly have no lives have been obsessing over some Chieftain Mew's character tweets, as he has released correct info from time to time on recent Radiohead related things. Said mega-nerd fans are all pulling things out of their kiesters as to what his tweets may or may not mean. Apparently he announced that something would happen today (ended up being an interview), but all the nerd-dorks assumed it would be a webcast announcement. So yeah, there's no legit proof that a webcast is coming, all complete speculation based on nothing.

They've done - not sure when it's getting aired - another From the Basement gig, as they did for In Rainbows, playing all of King of Limbs. I've seen some of the supporting materials, relating to the licensing/sale of the show internationally, and one of its main selling points is that 'this is it', Radiohead are not touring this year, this will be the only performance of this stuff.
If this is true, I'm torn between excitement and sadness.
GOOD: They'll be playing all of TKOL! Even the weird(er) stuff! And it'll all be in pro-shot, hi-def video! :rockon:
BAD: ...But they won't be playing any other gigs this year. :sad:

Australian tour >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Basement vids.

I would love to see a Basement performance, but the crowd at the Radiohead show that I saw was so abjectly dreadful that it ended any desire I had to see them again, unfortunately.

care to elaborate? I couldn't even imagine what a Radiohead crowd would be like :hmm:

I just think it's weird that Earnie Shavers came in here with these tidbits of information that seemingly nobody else has heard anything about.

I personally would trust his information, that's all I'm sayin'.

I personally would trust his information, that's all I'm sayin'.

Yeah. I know Earnie's a good character, based on his posts over in the psychiatric ward EYKIW. Never said I don't believe him. Just thought it was intriguing that he had the scoop on everybody, and was curious where he got the info.

But scumbo explained a bit about the rumors and all that.

Seems it's all The Twitter's fault. The fuckin' Twitter. The modern plague.

I've finally found time to listen to the album, a few times over. There's nothing to hate about it, even Thom Yorke's voice, which for me was always a stumbling block with Radiohead, sounds relaxed and lovely here, but I don't think I'll want to revisit the album much in the future. It's very pretty and full of neat interesting details but it sounds like it's made up of songs that, on other albums, would be propping up real standout tracks, which are missing here though Lotus Flower comes close.

I've totally geeked out on these 24-bit files.

After paying for those files (which are still mixed loud) I'm listening to the 24 bit vinyl rip from the web and it's soooo much smoother and easier to listen to. I keep buying albums but I don't listen to them because I can replace them with vinyl rips. :doh:

TKOL%20CD%20v%20Vinyl.png

Remember the thread about htdaab being mixed too loud in wtahan? That was pleasant

Also, fyi, ive just discovered that the ipad auto correct for 'htdaab' is 'breast'

Well, everyone go ahead and giggle but I did manage to burn a DVD-A with the 24-bit FLACs.

I used an app called DVD-Audio Solo from Cirlinca. It's $45, but the trial version is fully-functional. Very simple; just drag and drop the FLACs into a playlist and burn.

I think I'm going to try burning a couple of 24/96 discs and see how they come out. I may actually spring for the license. Sounds much better through my receiver than through the sound card on my computer. :up:

As funny as Danny's penchant for DVDA may be, his ravings over the audio make me very excited for my newspaper LP to arrive next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom